ADVERTISEMENT

Your most used movie quote

These are all in the regular rotation.

"Well ain't this place a geographical oddity - two weeks from everywhere." - Ulysses Everett McGill, Oh Brother Where Art Thou

"Fat guy in a little coat" - Tommy Callahan, Tommy Boy

"It's gotta be your bull" - Tommy Callahan, Tommy Boy

"That's nothing to be proud of, Russ." - Clark Griswold, Vacation

"The dude abides" - Dude, The Big Lebowski

"Excuse me while I whip this out." - Bart, Blazing Saddles

"You know I'm surgical with this bitch, Jake." - Alonzo, Training Day

"Screws fall out all the time; the world's an imperfect place." - John Bender, Breakfast Club

"Another quaalude, she'll love me again." - Tony Montana, Scarface

"So say goodnight to the bad guy." - Tony Montana, Scarface

7884405.gif

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Another one I like to recite to myself, when I'm in a good mood, is Toot's dialogue when they're rehearsing the executions in The Green Mile.

"Gettin' to muh knees, gettin' right with JEEZUS!"

If I am walking around in, say, Target, or Hobby Lobby, or anywhere that I have to walk a good ways and I'm looking for something and can't find it... it always comes "Walkin' the mile, walkin' the mile, walkin' the GREEN mile!"

But, his "last words" are genius!

Brutal- "Do you have any last words before sentence is carried out?"
Toot- "Yeah... I wanna fried chicken dinner, with gravy on the taters. And, I wanna shit in ya hat. And, I got to have Mae West sit my face, cuz I'm one horny mutherfvcker!...huhuhhuhuhh!"

"because the prejudice surrounding AIDS exacts a social death which precedes...which precedes the physical one."

-Tom Hanks, Philadelphia

Lighten up, Francis.

I reckon so.

You're already dirty.

Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go, we're burnin daylight.

Now go away before I must taunt you a second time.

What in the wide world of sports is a going on here?

I loved Sling Blade:

Karl: Just 'cause I ain't gonna be around no more, maybe, don't mean that I don't care for you.

Frank: I care 'bout you too, but you'll be around. Don't say that.

Karl: Doesn't matter where I was to be. We'll always be friends. You and me made friends right off the bat. Don't nobody ever change that. I kindly want to put my arm around you, then I'm gonna get up out of here and leave.

Karl: I don't reckon you have to go with women to be a good daddy to a boy. You been real square-dealin' with me. The Bible says two men ought not lay together. But I don't reckon the Good Lord would send anybody like you to Hades. That Frank, he lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in. You take good care of that boy.

Karl: I love you, boy.

Vaughan Cunningham: You always seem to be deep in thought. Tell me, what are you thinking right now?

Karl: I was thinkin', I'm gonna take me some of these taters home with me.

Vaughan Cunningham: How about before that?

Karl: Well, let me think... I was thinkin' I could use me another couple cans'o that potted meat if ya got any extree.

Doyle: What'cha doin' with that lawn mower blade Karl?

Karl: I aim to kill you with it.

Frank: You ever have any brothers or sisters growing up?

Karl Childers: I had one there for a little while. But, uh, it didn't get old enough for me to play with it.

Frank: Why not? It die?

Karl Childers: Yes, Sir.

Frank: Why?

Karl Childers: It got born too early. My mother and father made it come out too early some how or other.

Frank: So it died when it came out?

Karl Childers: My daddy came out to the shed and got me. He said, "Here, take this and throw it away", and he handed me a towel with something or another in it. Well I started for that barrel and I opened up the towel 'cause there was a noise. Something a-moving around in there. The towel was all bloody-like all around it there. It was a lil' ol' baby not no bigger than a squirrel.

Frank: A girl or a boy?

Karl Childers: It was a little ol' boy.

Frank: You threw it in the trash barrel?

Karl Childers: Well that didn't seem right to me, so I went in the shed and got me a shoe box and emptied out all the washers and nuts and screws and whatnot that were in it and I takened the little fellar and put him inside the box and buried him right there in a corner of the yard. That seemed more proper to me, I reckon.

Frank: Was it still alive when you buried it?

Karl Childers: I heared it a-cryin' through that box.

Frank: That don't seem right. Seems like you would have kept him and taken care of him if he was your brother.

Karl Childers: I wasn't but 6 or 8. I don't reckon I knew what to do. I didn't know how to care for no baby. My mother and father didn't want him and they learned me to do what they told me. These days I reckon it's better to give him back to the Good Lord anyhow.

Karl: [on the phone] Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street. There's a pick-up truck out front that says "Doyle Hargraves Construction" on it. Doyle said besides sending the police, you might wanna send an ambulance or a "hearst". I'll be sitting here, waiting on ye.

Karl: [on the phone] Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street. There's a pick-up truck out front that says "Doyle Hargraves Construction" on it. Doyle said besides sending the police, you might wanna send an ambulance or a "hearst". I'll be sitting here, waiting on ye.[/QUOTE]

A great icebreaker at dinner parties.

Oh man, I forgot about a few from Tombstone (very quotable movie).

"Skin it. Go ahead and skin that smoke wagon and see what happens." - Wyatt Earp, Tombstone

"Are you gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?" - Wyatt Earp, Tombstone

"I'm your huckleberry." - Doc Holiday, Tombstone

Reactions: Raising Heel
I loved Sling Blade:

Karl: Just 'cause I ain't gonna be around no more, maybe, don't mean that I don't care for you.

Frank: I care 'bout you too, but you'll be around. Don't say that.

Karl: Doesn't matter where I was to be. We'll always be friends. You and me made friends right off the bat. Don't nobody ever change that. I kindly want to put my arm around you, then I'm gonna get up out of here and leave.

Karl: I don't reckon you have to go with women to be a good daddy to a boy. You been real square-dealin' with me. The Bible says two men ought not lay together. But I don't reckon the Good Lord would send anybody like you to Hades. That Frank, he lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in. You take good care of that boy.

Karl: I love you, boy.

Vaughan Cunningham: You always seem to be deep in thought. Tell me, what are you thinking right now?

Karl: I was thinkin', I'm gonna take me some of these taters home with me.

Vaughan Cunningham: How about before that?

Karl: Well, let me think... I was thinkin' I could use me another couple cans'o that potted meat if ya got any extree.

Doyle: What'cha doin' with that lawn mower blade Karl?

Karl: I aim to kill you with it.

Frank: You ever have any brothers or sisters growing up?

Karl Childers: I had one there for a little while. But, uh, it didn't get old enough for me to play with it.

Frank: Why not? It die?

Karl Childers: Yes, Sir.

Frank: Why?

Karl Childers: It got born too early. My mother and father made it come out too early some how or other.

Frank: So it died when it came out?

Karl Childers: My daddy came out to the shed and got me. He said, "Here, take this and throw it away", and he handed me a towel with something or another in it. Well I started for that barrel and I opened up the towel 'cause there was a noise. Something a-moving around in there. The towel was all bloody-like all around it there. It was a lil' ol' baby not no bigger than a squirrel.

Frank: A girl or a boy?

Karl Childers: It was a little ol' boy.

Frank: You threw it in the trash barrel?

Karl Childers: Well that didn't seem right to me, so I went in the shed and got me a shoe box and emptied out all the washers and nuts and screws and whatnot that were in it and I takened the little fellar and put him inside the box and buried him right there in a corner of the yard. That seemed more proper to me, I reckon.

Frank: Was it still alive when you buried it?

Karl Childers: I heared it a-cryin' through that box.

Frank: That don't seem right. Seems like you would have kept him and taken care of him if he was your brother.

Karl Childers: I wasn't but 6 or 8. I don't reckon I knew what to do. I didn't know how to care for no baby. My mother and father didn't want him and they learned me to do what they told me. These days I reckon it's better to give him back to the Good Lord anyhow.

Karl: [on the phone] Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street. There's a pick-up truck out front that says "Doyle Hargraves Construction" on it. Doyle said besides sending the police, you might wanna send an ambulance or a "hearst". I'll be sitting here, waiting on ye.
tl;dr

Jim Carey as Lloyd and ace Ventura

I like it a lot

So your saying there is a chance

Allllrighty then

Looo hooo Zuh herrrr

Like a glove

Reactions: tarheel0910
Has anybody seen Mike Hunt?
Steady on...these boys are not refined!

Extra credit to anyone who know what movies these are from. :)

The two that come to mind are:

"Mongo only pawn, in game of life."

"Sorry folks, park's closed. The moose out front should have told you."

Airplane
Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
Office Space
This is Spinal Tap

Those are some of my most quoted movies.

Not most used, but most recent - from "Danny Collins":

Danny: "I'm done with all that shit. No more. No more drinking. No more drugging"
Frank: "You're drinking right now, Danny."
Danny: "True. Let's forget what I said about drinking. I'm not running for Pope."

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT