ADVERTISEMENT

ZEKE NNAJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also called Boogie to dook on that same thread. At that time people were laughing at that prediction.

Now I don’t think he has any inside knowledge. I just think he takes shots in the dark. But he’s been right more than your source has been.
@UNCFan1853 Uhh no my source was right three times not once try again. And I prefaced it with it is second hand info. He was right about Bacot even as people were freaking out that some crystal balls changed to dook in the 11th hr, he was right about Jalek, (no need to rehash) , and right about JRE, He was wrong about Green, and he was wrong about boogie going to USC, not dook...

If we get in this late, and land his commitment against the likes of Arizona, KU and UCLA, can the doom and gloom recruitment talk take a back seat for a little bit? This would be an amazing job by Roy.

Meant to add to my post last evening that there is one potential "fly in the ointment". It's the relationships he has built with other staffs and the fact that his recruitment with us is only what, 3 weeks along? He and his family will have to decide how they will approach this conundrum.

If they can justify setting aside those former relationships and doing what I now know that he really would like to do ( be a Tar Heel), then I would definitely say he is Carolina bound. It will all play out on Friday though, eh?

Meant to add to my post last evening that there is one potential "fly in the ointment". It's the relationships he has built with other staffs and the fact that his recruitment with us is only what, 3 weeks along? He and his family will have to decide how they will approach this conundrum.

If they can justify setting aside those former relationships and doing what I now know that he really would like to do ( be a Tar Heel), then I would definitely say he is Carolina bound. It will all play out on Friday though, eh?
Thanks for the info @Tarheel75 most of us knew that trlstuonships would be a potential issue. Or at least should have. I think even in the podcast they alluded to that fact

The relationship issue would be a simple fix if they were willing to delay his commitment for a few months to get to know the staff better. However, since that doesn’t appear to be an option, they will have to make a tough decision on Friday and we’ll see if Roy was able to close the gap in merely 3 weeks.

He also called Boogie to dook on that same thread. At that time people were laughing at that prediction.

Now I don’t think he has any inside knowledge. I just think he takes shots in the dark. But he’s been right more than your source has been.
Zing Pow!

That said, a lot of people thought JRE was coming to UNC. Even the best experts get stuff wrong at times. I am sure he can be wrong also.

Hell, I was wrong on Wiggins once. It was the first and last time I think I have been wrong on anything! =P

Thought the 2 to take serious were Evan Daniels and Jerry Meyer.

And Andrew Slater was said to be of questionable refute since being let go.

Nah Jerry's too far removed from the actual day to day with these kids these days.

Slater went wacky for a bit but he still is a very good source of intel on anything Duke/UNC related.

Zing Pow!

That said, a lot of people thought JRE was coming to UNC. Even the best experts get stuff wrong at times. I am sure he can be wrong also.

Hell, I was wrong on Wiggins once. It was the first and last time I think I have been wrong on anything! =P
Pretty sure you've been wrong more than once... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Assuming we get Nnaji and no new recruits on the wings, could we play him at the 3 for stretches next year? With the way Leaky is playing I'm not as worried, and Brob is tall enough to guard the 3.

Even if Nnaji is up to it athletically, would that work in our system? The 4 and 3 practice and play very different yeah?

So evidently theres neg recruiting against unc claiming that coach williams is just a “figure head” and the assistants do all the work? Thats a new one.

So evidently theres neg recruiting against unc claiming that coach williams is just a “figure head” and the assistants do all the work? Thats a new one.
A lot of assistants are lead recruiters everywhere.

Edit: or do you mean as a coach itself? If that's the case, that is silly. Lol

Reactions: DeuceManJones
Assuming we get Nnaji and no new recruits on the wings, could we play him at the 3 for stretches next year? With the way Leaky is playing I'm not as worried, and Brob is tall enough to guard the 3.

Even if Nnaji is up to it athletically, would that work in our system? The 4 and 3 practice and play very different yeah?

...ideal face- up 4 equals Danny Green and/or Marvin Williams. Nnaji would equate here...

A lot of assistants are lead recruiters everywhere.

Edit: or do you mean as a coach itself? If that's the case, that is silly. Lol

Yeah. This is a bizarre knock on the program. Looks to me like Roy is still tireless on the recruiting trail. He also seems active in games and practices. Where exactly are the assistants supposed to be doing all this work?

Yeah. This is a bizarre knock on the program. Looks to me like Roy is still tireless on the recruiting trail. He also seems active in games and practices. Where exactly are the assistants supposed to be doing all this work?
I'll add to this that rat is legitimate a figure head as his players do the coaching... How is k not getting the neg recruiting for this same thing

I dont see any way a fam makes the trip on their dime if their mind is made up. So i dont buy the “checking the box” argument. Fwiw i’ve read a lot about their concern about ku and az being investigated.

Also have we ever landed a recruit coming in this late?

I'll add to this that rat is legitimate a figure head as his players do the coaching... How is k not getting the neg recruiting for this same thing

Roy Williams owns UNC Basketball at this point in time. Just my opinion. However, any notion that he does not work his rear end off are quite comical indeed! The man has won more National Championships than anyone since he came home to Chapel Hill. The three that he has top anyone's list...

Tea leaves are great but as of this morning, no decision has been made.

I trust a lot of what you say and you do seem to be more interested in this stuff and follow it a lot closer than many here. So I have no reason to not believe you. But why do you say that?

I've never understood the secrecy thing around here. If someone knows something, why not just say it? Because they don't want their "source" to find out that you told correct information to other UNC fans? Why? And how would they ever know unless they read the same board and know what your handle is? That's the great thing about message boards - anonymity. It just seems silly. @bleeduncblue did it right. He was never afraid to tell us how he knew the information he was given. If you're not prepared to tell how you know something, why tell us anything at all? And then people get bent when someone doesn't want to believe them. It's just weird to me.

I trust a lot of what you say and you do seem to be more interested in this stuff and follow it a lot closer than many here. So I have no reason to not believe you. But why do you say that?

I've never understood the secrecy thing around here. If someone knows something, why not just say it? Because they don't want their "source" to find out that you told correct information to other UNC fans? Why? And how would they ever know unless they read the same board and know what your handle is? That's the great thing about message boards - anonymity. It just seems silly. @bleeduncblue did it right. He was never afraid to tell us how he knew the information he was given. If you're not prepared to tell how you know something, why tell us anything at all? And then people get bent when someone doesn't want to believe them. It's just weird to me.

I said everything I know.

Everyone is saying all the right things about the visit but there hasn't been a decision yet...at least if they have they haven't told anyone.

Y’all let me know when Evan Daniels makes his pick. It’s dang near a lock when he picks and ultimately he’s the only one over there I put stock in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT