ADVERTISEMENT

ZEKE NNAJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent commit

I have not heard that but I have heard everything just short of the word "commit" and I do know the staff & Roy are quietly confident but still not boldly confident. Kansas and Arizona's NCAA issues are a HUGE factor for the family. Reason why they paid their own way to the Hill and they were happy with what they saw.

The concern, from what I hear, is the distance makes it hard for them to attend many of his games and his family being able to be at his games is a factor that is important. They (the family) do really like and trust Roy to watch out for their son, that is MEGA important.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and CJBlue
The concern, from what I hear, is the distance makes it hard for them to attend many of his games and his family being able to be at his games is a factor that is important. They (the family) do really like and trust Roy to watch out for their son, that is MEGA important.

It's actually the opposite according to pretty much everyone.

Travel isn't a concern, trust is.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
I have not heard that but I have heard everything just short of the word "commit" and I do know the staff & Roy are quietly confident but still not boldly confident. Kansas and Arizona's NCAA issues are a HUGE factor for the family. Reason why they paid their own way to the Hill and they were happy with what they saw.

Looking at this map all of his finalists require a plane trip to get to games. I don't think distance is the issue.

Map_of_USA_showing_state_names.png

Reactions: gauchoheel
Looking at this map all of his finalists require a plane trip to get to games. I don't think distance is the issue.

Map_of_USA_showing_state_names.png

I mean, his finalists included Baylor, Zona, and UCLA. Doesn’t seem like distance is that important, as all those are at least as far as Carolina pretty much.

KU and Purdue are closer, but it’s still got to be a 5-6 hour drive. I can’t imagine that’s something you want to do more than 3-4 times per season right? You certainly can’t go for weekday games if you have an office job. And for that amount of trips you might as well just fly to Carolina. Costs a bit more, but small in the scheme of things.

I imagine if he goes elsewhere it has more to do with the built-up relationships, as others have said.

EDIT: Just checked, Lawrence is 7 hours drive from Minneapolis and West Lafayette is 8 hours. So the equivalent would be like going to UNC when you live in New York City instead of say LSU because UNC is closer (UNC is 8 hours from NYC by car). At that distance, I don’t see how the difference matters.

Last edited:
It's actually the opposite according to pretty much everyone.

Travel isn't a concern, trust is.

Pretty much everyone equals who? Oh, you mean we do not talk to the same peeps, not surprising at all...

Ya know what, I do not ask nor need you to agree, all i did was pass on what I hear, feel MORE than free to leave it, I really don't need your agreement in the slightest, nor do I expect it and frankly would prefer NOT to have it! I have noticed you have a habit of talking a lot and actually saying very little and tonight, I am just not in the mood to deal with you!

Pretty much everyone equals who? Oh, you mean we do not talk to the same peeps, not surprising at all...

Ya know what, I do not ask nor need you to agree, all i did was pass on what I hear, feel MORE than free to leave it, I really don't need your agreement in the slightest, nor do I expect it and frankly would prefer NOT to have it! I have noticed you have a habit of talking a lot and actually saying very little and tonight, I am just not in the mood to deal with you!
Have anything to say about my post?

Reactions: tarheel0910
2nd in the CB with 3 of the most recent picks our way.

I don't have VIP status there but it looks like most of the KU picks are a bit stale.

Given all the other comments, I like our chances.

Cautiously optimistic.

That said, I doubt he starts for us as a freshman. But he'll get decent PT. Looks like a 3AD to me.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully the Heels can pull off the steal after coming in late in his recruitment.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully the Heels can pull off the steal after coming in late in his recruitment.
Seems like it's been a while since we were the poachers instead of the poachees. But I'm probably forgetting someone.

I suppose Nas could be considered in that category.

Oh, and I guess Garrison, too.

Anyone else?

Well that clears it up. There's only like 100 other sites.
Never underestimate the potential vagueness of the “intel” college basketball fans provide.
Seems like it's been a while since we were the poachers instead of the poachees. But I'm probably forgetting someone.

I suppose Nas could be considered in that category.

Oh, and I guess Garrison, too.

Anyone else?
Bacot? Woods? I guess it depends on how you define poaching, but they were both favored to go to other teams originally.

Never underestimate the potential vagueness of the “intel” college basketball fans provide.

Bacot? Woods? I guess it depends on how you define poaching, but they were both favored to go to other teams originally.
I wouldn't count them. Bacot because we took the lead at some point and stayed there. Woods because I thought there was just solid competition for him. Good battle, and we won, but not really a steal.

But you are right, it depends on what you count as poaching.

I guess I just feel that for a number of years while the cloud was over our program, we lost a bunch of guys we should have gotten. Too many of them to Duke, but also to other schools - as many players we would normally be in the running for were gun shy.

Those days are behind us, at last. Now, if we get Zeke, that will be a pretty good signal that we must be feared again on the recruiting trail. We're not just going to get our targets, we're going to get yours, too.

OK, maybe that's going too far, but you know what I mean.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I wouldn't count them. Bacot because we took the lead at some point and stayed there. Woods because I thought there was just solid competition for him. Good battle, and we won, but not really a steal.

But you are right, it depends on what you count as poaching.

I guess I just feel that for a number of years while the cloud was over our program, we lost a bunch of guys we should have gotten. Too many of them to Duke, but also to other schools - as many players we would normally be in the running for were gun shy.

Those days are behind us, at last. Now, if we get Zeke, that will be a pretty good signal that we must be feared again on the recruiting trail. We're not just going to get our targets, we're going to get yours, too.

OK, maybe that's going too far, but you know what I mean.
Yeah agreed. Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

You darn right I do! In my opinion, your post...makes a good case for your argument that distance is not the factor I have heard it to be! Thing is you made a compelling argument to support your position, I respect that. Now I would counter that a 5 or 6hr drive tio a place like Purdue for Minnesota folks is different than a plane ride to North Carolina (in part due to the ACC is seen a little different in Minnesota than it is here).

I Love our chances with the kid but I was not making up what I heard that distance was a consideration, true or not is yet to be seen but for someone ot offer that it absolutely is not a factor can only be taken serious if the one posting is a close family member well placed in the decision loop. I didn't appreciate the poster attempting to prove I was wrong by sharing his opinion and trying to claim it as unquestionable fact. Realize, the guy doing that is in NY, claims to be in the know but have you seen much that proves he knows any more than you, me, or anyone else here? I have not and I am just getting tired of folks pissing on the opinion of others, on peeps sharing what they have heard, when he offers basically nothing in retort other than what any of us can read any time we want.

So no goucho, I appreciate not only what you said but how you said it, I may not agree totally with it but you didn't require me to. Hope that makes sense to ya!

You darn right I do! In my opinion, your post...makes a good case for your argument that distance is not the factor I have heard it to be! Thing is you made a compelling argument to support your position, I respect that. Now I would counter that a 5 or 6hr drive tio a place like Purdue for Minnesota folks is different than a plane ride to North Carolina (in part due to the ACC is seen a little different in Minnesota than it is here).

I Love our chances with the kid but I was not making up what I heard that distance was a consideration, true or not is yet to be seen but for someone ot offer that it absolutely is not a factor can only be taken serious if the one posting is a close family member well placed in the decision loop. I didn't appreciate the poster attempting to prove I was wrong by sharing his opinion and trying to claim it as unquestionable fact. Realize, the guy doing that is in NY, claims to be in the know but have you seen much that proves he knows any more than you, me, or anyone else here? I have not and I am just getting tired of folks pissing on the opinion of others, on peeps sharing what they have heard, when he offers basically nothing in retort other than what any of us can read any time we want.

So no goucho, I appreciate not only what you said but how you said it, I may not agree totally with it but you didn't require me to. Hope that makes sense to ya!
Shots fired.... And may I add well said.

30 min till Nnaji commits. Doesn’t anyone know if it’s going to be a broadcasted event or just over Twitter. Also any last minute inside info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT