ADVERTISEMENT

Zion’s former agent alleging that Zion got money to attend Duke - Asked to testify under oath

giphy.gif

It'll go away.

That's typical posturing in these types of lawsuits. It'll either be settled or objected to as irrelevant to the proceedings. There won't be an admission.
This may all go away but everyone in the business knows Dook is dirty. Before the FBI investigation hit there wasn't anyway you get Harry Giles,Marvin Bagley,Jason Tatum,Wendell Carter,RJ Barrett,Zion Williamson and a few others that went to Dook without paying. Now we know why Kinstons Brandon Ingram went to Dook. Carolina certainly wasn't getting those type of players and you can take it to the bank that if the FBI hadn't come calling we don't get Nassir Little. The Rat got sick of seeing all that talent landing at UK and Calapari getting the headlines. You guys know what the conversation entailed. A few curse words at Nike and by the way start sending me those players.

Last edited:
Who falls on the sword for K? No Pete Gaudet, so one of those nice assistants has to step up.

Reactions: TheGLOV
This may all go away but everyone in the business knows Dook is dirty. Before the FBI investigation hit there wasn't anyway you get Harry Giles,Marvin Bagley,Jason Tatum,Wendell Carter,RJ Barrett,Zion Williamson and a few others that went to Dook without paying. Now we know why Kinstons Brandon Ingram went to Dook. Carolina certainly wasn't getting those type of players and you can take it to the bank that if the FBI hadn't come calling we don't get Nassir Little. The Rat got sick of seeing all that talent landing at UK and Calapari getting the headlines. You guys know what the conversation entailed. A few curse words at Nike and by the way start sending me those players.

Well, yeah lol. Weird usage of pronouns.

Brandon ingrim was not paid to go to door and that is a fact

I dont know that firm isn't settling for 5 or 10 mil... and if they insult them with a peanuts offer it could really get interesting

I read something that they want $50M at a minimum. So the real number is probably $25M.

That's a very real number even to someone like Zion, you don't just have that lying around as a 19 year old that hasn't made all of his money yet from these big deals.

I read something that they want $50M at a minimum. So the real number is probably $25M.

That's a very real number even to someone like Zion, you don't just have that lying around as a 19 year old that hasn't made all of his money yet from these big deals.
Definitely getting serious. But I'm sure all the parties that are in danger of getting exposed will find a way to help basketball Jesus settle.

Regardless, we all know dook's dirty as hell on this one

Asked specifically if they intend to depose Krzyzewski, the winningest coach in men’s NCAA Division I basketball history, fellow attorney Willie Gary said, “We are leaving no stones unturned, if you get my message.”

Yeah, well I get the message whether zion's attys do or not. . Pony up boys, and pony up fast. No way kay/dook/boosters will let it get to a point where kay is deposed.

Take a gander at the dookie university's endowment. They'll cheat their way out of it, like they always do.
The sad thing is dook being a private school has shielded them from all sorts of prying eyes over the years, not to mention the advantage of backing money. Court discovery would be the perfect way to crack that shield --- that is, if the discoverers aren't bought off.

Come on Archer. Don’t spoil the party!
Look, I would love to see some transparency here. But with d00k being a private school and the amount of money at their disposal, it will go away. I think they’re almost as dirty as Arizona, Kentucky, and Kansas. But they’re untouchable.

Duke and K are sweating right now and well they should. While yeah, I agree, when all things were as usual the NCAA will stay as far away from duke as they can because they do not want to take down one of their big time revenue generator programs. But the NCAA caves to media scrutiny every time and when the media begins to line up against a program the NCAA is backing in to a corner.

I fully believe the NCAA wanted no part of our AFAM issue but the media pounced on it and as a result the NCAA felt they had to hang us up, they had to find something on us to hammer us with. They turned over every rock they could and the media would not let up and all they could find was not a violation of NCAA guidelines, it stretched out as long as it did because the NCAA was near desperate to find more on us and it just was not there.

Now media attention is turned toward kansas, Arizona, LVille, LSU but the big fish the media is beginning to line up to take down is duke. Media has this funny way of building up these hero's only to enjoy even more tearing them down, it generates views for them. Duke's past issues where talked about for a couple days but the major media didn't really jump on board but this time things look different. Maybe it is a lack of over all sports during the Covid days but the media is beginning to run with this Zion & duke story line and that is a nightmare for K, bet ya Capel is losing sleep now days as well because he is the natural scape goat for K if he becomes desperate, which should be day after tomorrow! LOL

Agee. This will be settled for between 15-25 million. Hope the stain last longer than the court case.

The sad thing is dook being a private school has shielded them from all sorts of prying eyes over the years, not to mention the advantage of backing money. Court discovery would be the perfect way to crack that shield --- that is, if the discoverers aren't bought off.

Any time anything comes up, dook holds out the "private" card and curiously enough they are a member institution of the NCAA. I'm with you gary-7, love to see that shield cracked wide open.

Reactions: TheGLOV and gary-7
I don't understand how Gina is trying to sue Zion for things that she participated in WITH HIM that are allegedly illegal.

I dont see this causing a big flap long term. It will settled, or quite, in some form or fashion. To stop this stuff, one would have to shut down college basketball altogether. This kind of stuff has been going on for decades. Maybe its agents. Maybe shoe companies. And some coaches may be involved, and some others look the other way to have plausible deniability. Too much money at stake at a lot of levels when it comes down to winning.

Make no mistake Coach K is going wear that his program was involved in a pay for play scandal at Dook no matter how this thing plays out. Listen to a yahoo podcast yesterday and they said it's no way around it.

If dook cheated re Zion

a. They protected the univ and k with plausible deniability and nothing will become of this
b. They’ve had more than enough time to cover their tracks and nothing will become of this
c. a and b and nothing will become of this

if dook didnt cheat re Zion

a. nothing will becomes of this

Reactions: TheGLOV and Archer2
Sounds like she's saying that her lack of agent certification (the reason Zion's team cut ties) is irrelevant because Zion was technically no longer a student athlete due to the benefits that he received and deemed ineligible.

Yup. Which is why this should scare the hell out of Duke, the entire basis of this case is on whether or not Zion took money.

They’ll settle I’m sure but I wouldn’t rest easy as a Duke fan until it does.

Sounds like she's saying that her lack of agent certification (the reason Zion's team cut ties) is irrelevant because Zion was technically no longer a student athlete due to the benefits that he received and deemed ineligible.
Her lack of certification and there was no UAAA disclosure in the contract. She's an inept agent and this will likely spell the end of Prime Sports. Zion's attorneys will object to the RFA questioning as irrelevant because he was never ruled ineligible. Sucks, but I bet that's how it goes down.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT