ADVERTISEMENT

Zion’s former agent alleging that Zion got money to attend Duke - Asked to testify under oath

Everyone knows Dook/Nike was paying players. U don't get Marvin Bagley,Jason Tatum,Wendell Carter,RJ Barett,Cam Reddish,Jahlil Okafor,Jabari Parker,etc without paying. It's that simple. Those guys aren't going to Dook for free when they can go to Kansas,Arizona,UK,etc and get paid. Defies logic and makes it quite obvious why Carolina wasn't getting those types of players. Dook fans have their head buried in the sand if they think otherwise.

No, but those schools don’t have K. They don’t have the brotherhood. What other program offers that? Haha, isn’t that comical? They honestly look at themselves as holy, transcendent. They can buy those guys could’ve got paid at other places but decided to play for K all they want too, but I’m not.

Everyone knows Dook/Nike was paying players. U don't get Marvin Bagley,Jason Tatum,Wendell Carter,RJ Barett,Cam Reddish,Jahlil Okafor,Jabari Parker,etc without paying. It's that simple. Those guys aren't going to Dook for free when they can go to Kansas,Arizona,UK,etc and get paid. Defies logic and makes it quite obvious why Carolina wasn't getting those types of players. Dook fans have their head buried in the sand if they think otherwise.

Yeah man, I really try to be objective and really try to see the other side of it...but it's pretty obvious that those schools you mentioned pay players and UNC simply doesn't.

Look at our recruits...most of the guys in the past 7-8 years have been either early commits before they blew up (Coby, Day'Ron), kids who were lower ranked and got better (Kenny, Luke), or made it very well known they are rich and don't want to be paid to attend school (Cole).

Nas is the only exception but he was well on his way to Arizona through a handler before that blew up in their face. We got him as the backup option when the handler was ousted.

We discuss the next coach a ton but maybe the most important thing is that the coach continues to run a program that doesn't pay players as Roy thankfully has. Maybe that's moot now that they can make money on likeness but if it isn't, I'd prefer we stay clean.

Nothing to see here.

Bury-your-Head-in-the-sand.jpg

Lets look at some reality, Zion is being sued for $100million and the crux of the deal is that Zion took improper benefits to play for duke such that he actually was not an ameture so the contract line in dispute would NOT apply to him UNLESS he was an ameture (not paid to play).

Now let me skip to the out come and then double back, this whole law suite goes away if Zion officially testifies that he took nothing to commit and play for duke. Do ya get that, the whole darn things goes away with his making a simple truthful under oath statement. Now most here seem to believe this thing will end in some kind of settlement, meaning a portion of the $100million. How much would that be, 10%, 20%, half? Lets say it is 10%, that is $10million. You could settle for $10million or tell the truth for free???

How much has Zion already spent on attorneys, win, lose, or settle he will end up spending huge money for what has already been done and could stop it all right now by simply telling the truth under oath? IF the truth is ion his side then tell it, doesn't the truth set you free? Well yes it does but ONLY if it is the truth that you have been telling. But Oh if what you have been saying is a lie and under oath carries the potential of jail time then you would fight telling the real truth under oath. In fact the only reason to fight telling the truth under oath is that what you have been proclaiming publically has been a lie and you know proof exists that you can not hide from under oath. So what truth is Zion right now paying hundreds of thousands to keep from having to talk about when the option of a lie could result in jail time?

Sure reads to me that Zion has clearly been telling a lie about his real ameture status while he played for duke and I think he ends up having to settle this and the prospect of that should make any duke fan cringe!

Zion Williamson has requested a protective order against an inquiry by his former marketing agent into illegal benefits he allegedly received at Duke, according to Daniel Wallach of The Athletic. In the filing for the order, Williamson’s legal team called the requests from Gina Ford “invasive” and “irrelevant.”
(Yahoo! Sports)

Zion Williamson has requested a protective order against an inquiry by his former marketing agent into illegal benefits he allegedly received at Duke, according to Daniel Wallach of The Athletic. In the filing for the order, Williamson’s legal team called the requests from Gina Ford “invasive” and “irrelevant.”
(Yahoo! Sports)
Don’t you just love lawyers?

Reactions: uncfootball-
For Zion’s lawyers to go to these lengths to attempt not to answer questions under oath make the obvious likely the truth. Had he not taken money/gifts whatever common sense is that you would want to clear yourself as soon as possible.

I’m assuming since his lawyers are fighting simple discovery that this process is not going to end anytime soon.

For Zion’s lawyers to go to these lengths to attempt not to answer questions under oath make the obvious likely the truth. Had he not taken money/gifts whatever common sense is that you would want to clear yourself as soon as possible.

I’m assuming since his lawyers are fighting simple discovery that this process is not going to end anytime soon.
My guess is The Rat retires before this ends and comes to light.

I would suggest he call coach k as soon as possible. He will take care of matters promptly.
Rat on the other end of that call: "Zi- who? GTFOH - never heard of him. Hang up the phone - don't answer any more calls." Rat couldn't care less about Zion - if Zion could lead to anyone tracing shady illegal dealings back to Duke or especially Rat himself.

Well things just got interesting.. looks like a fire brewing on the Duke campus and it has nothing to do with George Floyd

IF...he actually testifies, it’d be swell if this young man tells the true story of his recruitment, not just dukes.
Seeing both coaches of ugly blue schools squirm would help salvage this challenging year...weee!!!!

IF...he actually testifies, it’d be swell if this young man tells the true story of his recruitment, not just dukes.
Seeing both coaches of ugly blue schools squirm would help salvage this challenging year...weee!!!!

Yeah, we would all love to see K and Bill Self squirm!

i still dont think Z will ever testify or anything else will happen especially to K .. the poster child of dspn & college basketball ....

I was reading some of the arguments of the attorneys prior to any discovery and boy this is gonna be fun...already going at it in the media and what is "improper" and what isn't and the fact that his family received all the "benefits", not Zion, Williamson's attorneys are expected to file an appeal with Florida's Third District Court of Appeal, arguing that an earlier federal case in North Carolina involving the same parties and claims has precedence.

Williamson's attorneys have asked a federal judge in that case to void his marketing agreement with Ford and Prime Sports Marketing, claiming it wasn't valid because Ford wasn't a registered agent in North Carolina and the contract didn't include a warning that was required by a state law designed to protect amateur athletes from unscrupulous agents.

Last month, Ford's attorneys asked Williamson to admit that his mother and stepfather demanded and received gifts, money and other benefits from persons acting on behalf of Adidas and Nike, and also from people associated with Duke, to influence him to sign with the Blue Devils and to wear Nike or Adidas products.

"That issue is a complete canard and a complete red herring," Williamson's attorney, Jeffrey Klein, told Miller during a 52-minute virtual hearing on Tuesday morning. "[W]e believe that as a matter of law the statute bars that contract. The issue with respect to amateur status, there's no issue with respect to his amateur status, and in fact, if they wanted to find out the issue with respect to amateur status, eligibility is a determination made by the NCAA and made by Duke. I don't think it's relevant here to what's transpiring because frankly those determinations have been made. ... It doesn't absolve their failure to comply with the North Carolina statute."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29255403/judge-says-zion-williamson-answer-questions-oath-
improper-benefits-duke

Just gettin' good...you had a good run hewhomustnotbementioned.

Imagine that. All those fake #1 and #2 recruiting classes Dook and UK fans/media bragged about. Cal and the Rat didn't even have to recruit their players were delivered the last decade.

Reactions: Occy64
I have no clue how this will end but I do NOT see Zion on the stand admitting he/his family received cash/cars/housing in exchange to attend Duke. There HAS to be a different final chapter to this story.

You know ... I would LOVE for it to be made public that dook has been cheating to get their ridiculous recruiting classes, but it would be redundant because everyone already knows that dook (UK, KU, Zona, etc.) has been cheating the system. I guess the only enjoyment of it would be to shove it in the faces of their fan base and to help everyone realize that K is a liar ... because even if Zion admits something, there will be no repercussions from the NCAA.

Probably the smart approach. When the shoe drops (or splits open :)) we will probably hear that K was completely in the dark and he will try and be the savoir of the college game. If anyone thinks he is clean in all this I have an island to sell you in the Caribbean.
Does it already have a dock?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT