ADVERTISEMENT

Zion’s former agent alleging that Zion got money to attend Duke - Asked to testify under oath

It will fall under the Arizona, Kansas, LSU, type. Is money from the shoe companies on the school or are they "victims". The house being a boosters adds trouble.

The court case is for the agent, none of Kansas's, Arizona's etc. players are going to testify. The NCAA is saying shoe companies worked with school knowledge, even if it was implicit. The federal courts ruled differently, saying the schools were victims of fraud.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Zion Williamson Accused of Accepting $400K for Marketing Rights While at Duke

BREAKING: Zion Williamson’s former marketing agent files “newly-discovered evidence” in North Carolina federal lawsuit. New affidavit claims Wiliamson and his stepfather were paid $400K in Oct. 2018 in exchange for granting exclusive marketing rights to another agent.

EcgGGi4XsAcVp2J

Link not working but check out the Bleacher Report

And it gets juicer by the moment!

Last edited:
https://247sports.com/college/duke/...FRpG5rzySMxyLA8dVa6WFYUAe8IFG48pE_qJs121jOs6Q

Rumors this could be a fraud attempt by the lawyers and not Zion. This is going to be very interesting as everyone looks a bit dirty here. Clearly if this is fraudulent some people are going to jail. If it is real, it is a clear violation. Who knows at this point and as much as I would like to see justice here and Duke be punished for their role, the presumption of innocence still remains as much as it is hard to believe Zion and family did not get some money somewhere.

Last edited:
Zion Williamson Accused of Accepting $400K for Marketing Rights While at Duke

BREAKING: Zion Williamson’s former marketing agent files “newly-discovered evidence” in North Carolina federal lawsuit. New affidavit claims Wiliamson and his stepfather were paid $400K in Oct. 2018 in exchange for granting exclusive marketing rights to another agent.

EcgGGi4XsAcVp2J

Link not working but check out the Bleacher Report

And it gets juicer by the moment!
Yeah mine didn't show up in my post. Don't know why

Menagement Group....spell check must have been an after thought...if any of that rubbish is near a contract I would be surprised.

Well, all I will say is we all knew the kid was paid to play for what ever college program that he committed to and think we all now know who the highest bidder was.

Considering that every game he played in last season should be null and void, we swept Duke, in the worst season many have ever seen from a UNC team, we swept duke because not a single game they played against us should stand. I am actually fine with that! LOL

It is hard to believe that the team of lawyers actually produced fraudulent evidence. Something more has got to be. For the legal team to produce any fake documents would falsify any integrity they have in the eyes of the court. Not to mention the possibility of being disbarred. Perhaps it was a set up, perhaps someone else produced these. Who knows, but this story is not going away. There is too much smoke to be no fire.

Last edited:
i truly believe he was coming to UNC .. 400k stopped him ... even though K will claim he knew nothing about it

If the story is true about the money, then it's hard to believe he was truly coming to UNC. I mean, imagine the scenario that Zion is giving Roy all indications he was Heel bound and then suddenly, at the last minute, the $400k deal surfaces and he's off to Dook? Much more likely (again, if it happened) Roy and staff were simply doing their "thing" and felt like they had given Zion and his family their best recruiting effort, and therefore felt good about their chances - but being oblivious to what was really going on, never had a chance in reality.

For an early bday gift, I'd love to see in this day of "nothing doesn't get caught on video" some smoking gun video surface of The Rat giving his thumbs up on the deal......

200w.gif

This isn't coming back to bite Duke. Whether Duke was part of it, or not, the big time recruits that seem to be a lock for the NBA have been getting money from shoe companies, agents, etc., while in college for decades. And I would venture to say that there isn't a big time college program in the country that hasn't had a player in the same situation. Where Zion screwed up was changing horses in the middle of the race that had already made an investment.

I don't think Zion was ever intending to play for UNC, sorry guys but I don't. I do think that on advice from others he used Roy to leverage the deal he wanted. The terms should not at this point be in question, the FBI clearly exposed what Zion and his family were looking for in a deal. It was a simple matter of his services went to the highest bidder, simply getting him is proof that the program he picked went way outside of the NCAAs prime directive. Hey, if I don't get the deal I need then I can always go to UNC and compete against duke. Can't you just see that lever being used...

Clearly, duke knew, surely K knew, how could they not know? I mean Zion's parents moved just a couple houses down from Zion's main recruiter for duke (Capel), they all, including Roy visited Zion's home in SC, knew what the family did for a living and that there was no way they were going to be able to afford that house in Durham without someone ready and willing to funnel the money to pay for it. Zion was not riding his bike around that duke campus or in Durham, what was he driving, we know they bought what was it, 3 vehicles (at least 1 luxury) but all 3 very nice. How did they manage to buy 3 high priced vehicles and move in to a house that rented for over $5,000? Where did that sudden influx of money come from? The $400K number we see tossed around would sure make those things easier to pay for, wouldn't it...

My only real question is who did duke pay more to, Zion or Bagley? Wonder how much Reddish and that guard get, you know Tatum had to drive the market for his duke deal. Guys, they outbid Kansas and Ky and Arizona before anything about the FBI investigation was released to the public. $$$

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT