ADVERTISEMENT

Zion to officially visit UNC this weekend

dadika13

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
NYC
From TOS.

I still don't think there's a chance we get him but this is at least newsworthy.

Do anyone thinks Zion game can be like Greek the Freak, when he gets to the NBA?

Interesting he cancels Ucla and drops them and now coming here. Not getting my hopes up too high but certainly a nice development.

Julius Randle. watch and compare high school / aau videos of the two, very similar.

From TOS.

I still don't think there's a chance we get him but this is at least newsworthy.
Yep.

That being said, with a lurking FBI putting a chill on certain shenanigans from the sort of folks who may have wanted to steer him elsewhere, ya never know...

Well, we don't have Drake whispering in his ear so we've got that going against us.

We have the GOAT

mj_headshake.gif

I look at this OV as a positive. If his primary finalists are Duke, UK and KU, Zion needs at least one fallback option where the coach doesn't wake up every morning hoping today's not the day the FBI pays him a visit. It's my opinion that this OV never happens if the FBI probe had not hit. Adida's gave his step-father an AAU team. Regardless, I rather be lucky than good. Long shot here, but I have to give it to Roy for the effort.

Reactions: GeeWhy
I know they are different classes but if Zion '19 comes in this week-end and gives a verbal, then Shittu '18 in November add in Moore '19, in this "early" period, goodness gracious we would be rocking...
I see a bad back cropping up nearby...:cool:

Reactions: jah420
I know they are different classes but if Zion '19 comes in this week-end and gives a verbal, then Shittu '18 in November add in Moore '19, in this "early" period, goodness gracious we would be rocking...
I see a bad back cropping up nearby...:cool:
Zion is in the ‘18 class... I reckon if he commits that class would be done, leaving Shittu and Langford out.
Upside would be Roy knowing Zion is only going to play a year so he can re-recruit the position for ‘19.

I would guess that Coach Williams sees Zion playing the power forward position at Carolina. With the ability to also step away and create offense off the dribble.

I am kicked back..chillin'..in wait and see mode..if he is fall signee-perhaps room for optimism...

Great step in the right direction. Top ten recruits visiting again! Go Heels!

Yep.

That being said, with a lurking FBI putting a chill on certain shenanigans from the sort of folks who may have wanted to steer him elsewhere, ya never know...

Gary,what is your gut feeling about Zion visit,our chances? Any word from your contacts?

Gary,what is your gut feeling about Zion visit,our chances? Any word from your contacts?
Pretty much all I've heard for the past few months is the same as the consensus here, i.e., that he was bound elsewhere. Specifically, I've heard folks talking about him being steered in-state by some people in his camp... I've also heard some unsavory things that remind me of the Bam situation in that the in-state thing could get iffy if some of the OAD-factory "usual suspects" get involved.

Honestly I don't know anybody who has any close ties to Zion's situation --- only the AAU scuttlebutt. Folks on here like maybe @DSouthr or others closer to his neck-o-the-woods may have heard more accurate stuff. I'm just speculating that IF the rumored shenanigans are chilled by the FBI watching that may be the only way we have a chance.

Reactions: dgheel57
Zion reminds me of Rodney Rogers from Wake. I played AAU ball w Rodney in high school. Man amongst boys. Big, strong, jumps out of the gym and a helluva nice guy.

Reactions: FranktheHeel
For what it’s worth, here are some passages from his recent blog post after his visits to UK and Dook.

“I’m headed to North Carolina this weekend so I’m looking forward to that.

I don’t have any plans for any other visits right now.

I know Signing Day is next month, and, hey, if I’m ready I’ll definitely sign. But I don’t want to feel rushed by a date so I’m just seeing how everything goes.

My heart has to tell me which school I am supposed to be at.

It’s always funny when I read different things from sports writers that think they have me all figured out and know who I’m gonna choose. I don’t even know that yet! Haha!

I’m just gonna continue to enjoy the process and keep them guessing until it’s time to decide.”

Reactions: FranktheHeel

Yea Zion, that's the way we do it in Chapel Hill.
Just imagine the Little and Zion "Jam Fam" duo with Coby and Felton in the backcourt. Who you gonna guard?? That would be one "Heel" of a team.

Having him come to campus is only a positive, gets Shittu thinking and may put some more pressure on him and it also looks good for future recruits. If we include Shittu we will have 4 top 10 players taking official visits this fall, one of whom already commited to us, when's the last time that happened??
It's a GDTBATH!!
First exhibition is Friday, the season is here, and oh yea, we are the Defending Champs!!

Reactions: shun1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT