ADVERTISEMENT

Zion to officially visit UNC this weekend

Yeah, who is Austin Blevins? Is he someone close to the situation?

I thought it was interesting that Little responded to the Tweet. The crying laughter doesn’t exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling that he thinks the dynamic duo is possible

If he does come to UNC, he'd probably play a role similar to Marvin or Jawad. A PF who has some perimeter skills and can step out and stretch the D. Not saying he's a similar player to those 2, because he's not. Just saying it would be in that type of role.

I do not understand why so many are writing Zion off so quickly. I have heard nothing from him that indicates he has made up his mind already and is just playing around with us now. His latest blog for USA Today has him saying "It’s always funny when I read different things from sports writers that think they have me all figured out and know who I’m gonna choose. I don’t even know that yet! Haha!"
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-zio...tucky-and-duke-officials-jay-z-drake-and-more

So, I am just going to wait on the announcement.

Glenn

really bad photo...since Zion is a lefty right?...now if Little shows up and Leaky too..but until the kid goes on record about his choices..even keel..has he said WHEN he decides to sign??

Do yourselves a favor, don't think twice about seeing him in baby blue. And if he happens to matriculate to Chapel Hill, it will be a very pleasant surprise. BTW, I needed a font size about 10 times larger for that "if".

Reactions: carolinablue34
Do yourselves a favor, don't think twice about seeing him in baby blue. And if he happens to matriculate to Chapel Hill, it will be a very pleasant surprise. BTW, I needed a font size about 10 times larger for that "if".

We got an OV Arch, that matters. If he was just taking it to take one, he wouldn't have canceled a free trip to Los Angeles... If we don't land Little, I don't think we get an OV from Zion... JMO

Reactions: gauchoheel
We got an OV Arch, that matters. If he was just taking it to take one, he wouldn't have canceled a free trip to Los Angeles... If we don't land Little, I don't think we get an OV from Zion... JMO
Oh, I agree. I'm just tired of being Charlie Brown and having the football pulled out from under me over and over again. I don't get my hope up anymore. If it were to happen, great.

Oh, I agree. I'm just tired of being Charlie Brown and having the football pulled out from under me over and over again. I don't get my hope up anymore. If it were to happen, great.

I hear you on that

Our odds of landing Zion aren't great, but I think we're genuinely in the picture.

I feel a lot more optimistic about a late-scheduled OV from him.

Reactions: gauchoheel

Do you have any information that the rest of us do not have? That is a question I keep asking of those who think the Zion ship has sailed, or that there was never even a Zion to UNC canoe.

Does not seem to have a "handler" problem. Is still giving us an official visit, and is on record as saying that he is still wide open and all of the sports pundits do not have a clue.

I understand not getting your hopes up. I never hold my breath waiting on any teenager to make up his mind or worry much if one changes his mind. But I also don't worry too much if a recruit does not don the correct hue of blue. Roy has done well no matter who comes or does not come.

Glenn

Reactions: Archer2
Our odds of landing Zion aren't great, but I think we're genuinely in the picture.

I feel a lot more optimistic about a late-scheduled OV from him.

This. I am thinking Zion and Littles friendship is growing rapidly. He schedules a late OV shortly after both being at a USA camp.

I presume he will be at the exhibition game today? I'll be there as well, so I will try to keep an eye out for him.

Yes he is sitting in the front of the students near the UNC bench.

Hmmmm, this is an interesting Tweet...

giphy.gif

If he does come to UNC, he'd probably play a role similar to Marvin or Jawad. A PF who has some perimeter skills and can step out and stretch the D. Not saying he's a similar player to those 2, because he's not. Just saying it would be in that type of role.

Do you mean that zion will come of the bench like Marvin or won't? I think Roy would start him fore sure

Saw Zion and the rest of the team at the football game today. They either left at halftime or moved somewhere else. If they left I can say I blame them, though at least we kept it close. Maybe Zion can play wide receiver for us too...

Well he saw a listless crowd at the exhibition game followed by a half empty kenan at the fb game. But who knows.

Seriously,how many stands are full with a 1-7 record? Hell,if that happened at Alabama they would be threatening to burn down the stadium.As for DES,spoiled fans we have,many thought it would be a cakewalk.I hope Zion realizes that's not who UNC fans really are.

Seriously,how many stands are full with a 1-7 record? Hell,if that happened at Alabama they would be threatening to burn down the stadium.As for DES,spoiled fans we have,many thought it would be a cakewalk.I hope Zion realizes that's not who UNC fans really are.

Zion was at senior night last year, when Jordan gave the halftime speech. He knows yesterdays crowd wasnt the norm.

Reactions: dgheel57
It was an exhibition game on a Friday night (high school football) after the place being full for Late Night... I would hope he realizes that if the crowd size really concerned him

It was an exhibition game on a Friday night (high school football) after the place being full for Late Night... I would hope he realizes that if the crowd size really concerned him

Want to know something frustrating? The couple that sat next to me got to their seats with 5 minutes left in the first half. Like why even show up if you're gonna be that late? You ought to lose the rights to your seats at some point. :D

Saw Zion and the rest of the team at the football game today. They either left at halftime or moved somewhere else. If they left I can say I blame them, though at least we kept it close. Maybe Zion can play wide receiver for us too...
The basketball team usually leaves late in the third quarter, or at the start of the fourth quarter. There are some very practical reasons for that. Roy is a big times UNC FB fan.

The basketball team usually leaves late in the third quarter, or at the start of the fourth quarter. There are some very practical reasons for that. Roy is a big times UNC FB fan.
What are some practical reasons for that? I'd imagine safety could be a possibility, but then they could easily go thru one of the field entrances into Kenan Football Center or the Olympic sports area. Also, I saw a bunch of them in Kenan after a game earlier this year (I actually took a picture with Felton), so I don't think it's a hard directive to leave before the game is over.

What are some practical reasons for that? I'd imagine safety could be a possibility, but then they could easily go thru one of the field entrances into Kenan Football Center or the Olympic sports area. Also, I saw a bunch of them in Kenan after a game earlier this year (I actually took a picture with Felton), so I don't think it's a hard directive to leave before the game is over.

At the Duke game, we couldn't even get into the section to see the team. My girlfriend just wanted to walk by and catch an up close glimpse, but they had two cops guarding the door and were sending folks away- even students. I suppose because that's a rivalry game safety for the team is in fact an issue.

However two weeks before that I had no problem stopping by and chatting with Theo for a bit. After the game was over, Joel was leaving with his girlfriend who is a dance team member. Talked with him for a bit outside the student gate and got a picture with him. That was the game that they got their rings at.

As we were walking away I said "JB, how's that ring fit?"

His answer-

"Just as perfect as next year's will."

Love that guy.

I’m not judging anyone for not being there. Hell i wasnt there either. Just wish he coulda seen either a fb or bball game where the crowd was good.

Reactions: dgheel57
I’m not judging anyone for not being there. Hell i wasnt there either. Just wish he coulda seen either a fb or bball game where the crowd was good.
To be honest the stands were fairly typical for football. I think the only game where attendance seemed significantly higher was Duke, and maaaybe the Notre Dame game. Attendance has been pretty consistent this year though. And with basketball, he knew it was an exhibition and was here for the Duke game last year with the electric crowd. I think the visit was more about furthering relationships with the coaching staff and his potential teammates, plus seeing what our team looked like this year in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT