ADVERTISEMENT

Zion's decision

Some seem to prefer winning head to head and those mythical recruiting titles to winning the National Title. I think their priorities are out of whack. But to each his own, I guess.
I'd prefer winning head to head matchups on the way to National Championship with #1 recruit classes every year!

I prefer Roy's method of playing deep into his bench to prepare for the tournament and save the legs of his starters. Obviously, K has a different theory.

I have to remind myself of this at times, especially losses to Duke since I can't stand them. Just a matter of preference and I prefer Roy's method.

The shocking thing to me is that we can't or don't get kids in that 25-75 range. If that were me, I would know for a fact that I am going to get on the floor as a freshman AND will learn things from the upperclassmen. I am hoping that is due to NCAA hanging over our heads and it goes away.

Sprinkle in guys like Little and White here and there. I really try to enjoy each year and the improvement throughout the year but I would be lying to say that I am not already excited about how next years team will look.

I do want to see if Felton and Brandon start making some strides and just how far Manley can improve this year. Still lots of basketball and enjoyment to be had this year. We might not be title contenders but we could be big spoilers for somebody. Hoping experienced guard play helps us through the tournament this year.

I do enjoy bringing in the likes of Bagley, Ingram, Tatum, Zion etc....It's fun, no doubt but i'd be lying if i didn't admit to being just a little jealous of how Roy and Carolina are getting it done by the old school way. I'm 40 going on 41 years old. The results are undeniable. I know i may probably catch some flack for seemingly kissing up but i'm just keeping it real as a man. I love K, wouldn't trade him for anyone, but in this era, what Roy has done and appears he will keep doing is pretty awesome.

I'd prefer winning head to head matchups on the way to National Championship with #1 recruit classes every year!

And I'd prefer to win the lottery and retire versus going to work every day. But it aon't happening and I'm fortunate to be able to get up and go to work every day. It's called:

Perspective!

I am fine with the decision. The pressure that is going to be on that team will be incredible. Nothing less than a title and it will be a busted year for dook

Agreed. It's stupid to say a team should go undefeated, because any team will run into a speed bump or two, but with that recruiting class - if K has more than 2 losses and/or fails to win the national championship with that team it will be a failure of epic proportions. I'm hoping for a couple OOC losses and K's back issues to magically flare up again on that team, but you have to figure they'll be the most dominant team this decade - if they aren't, it'll be a huge embarrassment.

Reactions: andythebigman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT