ADVERTISEMENT

2-2 what now

KOOL123

Senior
Nov 24, 2005
Calm down and relax...Went and looked at the Starting OL yesterday....All 5 were either true Sophomore or Redshirt Freshman...With a Freshman QB...Mack has got this...Just going to take a little time...

Reactions: Archer2
You could probably go ahead and say 2-3. I'm not really freaked out, because I knew we were going to be rebuilding this year and we're probably a five win team. That was basically everyone else's opinion too, but those first two wins raised some expectations and people forgot what they were saying a month ago.

Well so far the MO is beating teams with below average coaches and getting out smarted by good coaches.. So that being said Probably lose to Duke just because of the Coaching mis match... Yesterday was a coaching Mis Match of Biblical proportions ...

Yesterday's starting OL had a total of 10 starts between them.

Wake and App are well coached teams with experienced players. Not sure about App but I believe Wake has a ton of RS upperclassmen.
If I remember correctly App returned 18 starters this year(9 on each side)

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Well, we have won two against teams most thought we would lose to, and I think we have four more wins in our future to go to a bowl. But, let's enjoy the journey this year and leave it up to Mack. He's making the big bucks and living the dream. We really have a pretty good damn team.

Be patient. I was there when Mack won 2 games his first two years. He’s doing the same thing now that he did them in going back and repairing the relationships with NC coaches and soon he will be stockpiling talent. College football is a game of jimmy and joes and we just don’t have enough of them right now.

As long as we win enough games to hold on to a solid 2020 recruiting class, the record doesn’t really matter this year. But it is frustrating to lose games that we should be winning.

What now? Compete for the coastal. We’re 1-0 in conference play and never were a playoff contender which means that OOC losses don’t mean much. Nobody in the Coastal looks very impressive right now. I’m not saying we’ll win it this year, but I think we can be close enough to give this young team something to play for, and an opportunity to gain valuable experience competing for a division title. Clemson is a loss, but every game after that is winnable.

After that, find a way to win a bowl game this year. A bowl win in year one will look like a huge turnaround to recruits when Mack is sitting down with families to build the 2021 class.

If we can lock down Desmond Evans and another few four stars, then next years recruiting class will be stacked. We’ll be young but talented in 2020. I think next year could be an 8 or 9 win season, possibly with a ACCCG berth. 2021 will be even better as next year’s immensely talented recruiting class will have a year of experience and workouts under their belt. And our freshman QB will have two years of experience. Plus hopefully another really good class of freshman ready to make plays. But Sam’s junior and senior year are the end goal here. By then Mack will have 2 and 3 full recruiting classes under his belt and most of the roster will be guys he recruited. 2022 and 2023 could look a lot like 96/97, if not even better.

It sucks to have to think that far ahead but if Mack continues to have success on the recruiting trail then we will be one of the most talented teams in the country in 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Nah, screw em! If they're jumping off the boat THIS early, we absolutely do not need them in the fan base. GO HEELS

Stating facts doesn't mean your jumping, trust me if grown ass Men get on chat boards during beautiful days like today and don't go do something else? That means they probably care too much..

Stating facts doesn't mean your jumping, trust me if grown ass Men get on chat boards during beautiful days like today and don't go do something else? That means they probably care too much..

Or they’re bored at work...

Last 4 years Wake and App have been to 7 bowls between them and won all 7. They have experienced players on both sides of the ball

Truth is I expected to be 2-2 at this point except we beat the 2 teams that we were supposed to lose 2 and lost to the 2 I expected to beat...Mack is playing a bunch of young kids which is fine by me....

Truth is I expected to be 2-2 at this point except we beat the 2 teams that we were supposed to lose 2 and lost to the 2 I expected to beat...Mack is playing a bunch of young kids which is fine by me....
There is a lot of youth and inexperience out there. How it responds to back to back close Ls and then facing Clemson is key. Will it start to give up as it would have under Fedora? Or will it learn from mistakes and fight back the rest of the season?

I think most would agree that we thought 2-2 would be a good start. If we had lost the first 2, and won these last 2 , everyone would be thrilled but those two early wins raised our hopes too quickly.

And there is no doubt in my mind that we win the last two simply with Polino starting at center, forget losing Strowbridge and Rene.

We’ll get waxed this weekend and then go on a modest win streak.

Let’s go shock the world!!

I’m not mailing this one in. Long shot I know but stranger things have happened before.

Let’s go shock the world!!

I’m not mailing this one in. Long shot I know but stranger things have happened before.

Need Lawrence to make some big time mistakes early to give us a shot. If we force three or four turnovers and can actually move the ball then maybe we can hang around

Need Lawrence to make some big time mistakes early to give us a shot. If we force three or four turnovers and can actually move the ball then maybe we can hang around
Trevor has been mistake-prone this season.

Venables will have the defense in prime condition. I just hope there aren't any new injuries.

Clemson 42 UNC 14

Trevor has been mistake-prone this season.

Venables will have the defense in prime condition. I just hope there aren't any new injuries.

Clemson 42 UNC 14

He’s been sloppy for sure. Unfortunately he’s also shown that he can run when necessary which puts our defense in an even bigger hole than it would already be in otherwise.

Might as well try to strip the ball on every tackle because it’s goimg to take a lot of turnovers to keep this even close.

I'd gladly give up the basketball streak if it meant we were beating Clemson in the ACCCG, with a chance to make the playoffs. But I wouldn't want to give it up to beat them this week.

You wouldn’t want to beat the defending National Champion and No 1 team in the Nation and the best program in the Nation right now..You don’t think that would turn some heads and help recruiting...

Reactions: Deezheelz
You better not post that on Tar Heel Radar.

Oh I know but we have a ton of UNC basketball fans and fans who pull for the powerhouse football programs over there...They never have a bad season...Myself I pull for 3 programs...UNC...Whoever is playing dook...Whoever is playing west Raleigh high school...

Also when west Raleigh plays dook I pull for a tie...

I'd gladly give up the basketball streak if it meant we were beating Clemson in the ACCCG, with a chance to make the playoffs. But I wouldn't want to give it up to beat them this week.
Yeah, I think I would ultimately agree with you. That streak is pretty impressive and historical. Beating Clemson this weekend would be a great memory to have and give us some bragging rights until we play them again, but that's about it. I guess you could make the argument that it could help with recruiting, but I think that type of stuff is bigger than one game. If we beat Clemson, but then lose out, does that one game really help recruiting? I doubt it. Recruiting is based more on the relationships these guys build with the coaches.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
You wouldn’t want to beat the defending National Champion and No 1 team in the Nation and the best program in the Nation right now..You don’t think that would turn some heads and help recruiting...
Yeah, I agree with you.

Just to compare. We beat #4 ranked Miami in 2004 and finished the season 6-6 and UM finished 9-3 and #11 in the nation. From what I remember, we didn't benefit from that long term. One game doesn't change your trajectory.

Just to compare. We beat #4 ranked Miami in 2004 and finished the season 6-6 and UM finished 9-3 and #11 in the nation. From what I remember, we didn't benefit from that long term. One game doesn't change your trajectory.

Not the same....

I offered this scenario when we played Clemson in the ACC CG a few years back. That would be the ONLY trade-off for me.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT