ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

No...Fedora never took a full class
Deana, maybe you can double-check, but I think Fed took full classes 3 of his 7 yrs here.
His early yrs we were capped at 20 due to sanctions, maybe that is why you think he never took a full class?

Also, 2016 we signed 27 (rivals list is missing Tom Sheldon) - Kyree and James Pierre couldn't make the grades... so wound up at 25.

Fed badly undersigned 2015, but in 2017 he took 24 (Truitt, Khalied, Dillard and Brandon are missing from rival's list).

Reactions: Raising Heel
Cue the Fed mafia.
sure:
Plenty of teams go multiple yrs in a row with less than 25 - this isn't the thing to bind your panties over.
Clemson 2012 - 20
Clemson 2013 - 23
Clemson 2014 - 22
Clemson 2015 - 25
Clemson 2016 - 22
Clemson 2017 - 14
Clemson 2018 - 17
Clemson 2019 - 28

sure:
Plenty of teams go multiple yrs in a row with less than 25 - this isn't the thing to bind your panties over.
Clemson 2012 - 20
Clemson 2013 - 23
Clemson 2014 - 22
Clemson 2015 - 25
Clemson 2016 - 22
Clemson 2017 - 14
Clemson 2018 - 17
Clemson 2019 - 28
If you sign 2 or more 5*s and 10 or more 4*s in a class, class after class, there is no reason to sign a few extra 3*s to make certain you have depth of talent. On the other hand, when you sign no 5*s and few 4*s, you must rely on developing 3*s in order to have depth of talent. Failing to fill class, year after year, means you have fewer 3*s to try to develop.

Into which category did UNC fit best under Fedora?

If you sign 2 or more 5*s and 10 or more 4*s in a class, class after class, there is no reason to sign a few extra 3*s to make certain you have depth of talent. On the other hand, when you sign no 5*s and few 4*s, you must rely on developing 3*s in order to have depth of talent. Failing to fill class, year after year, means you have fewer 3*s to try to develop.

Is this a trick question?

Is this a trick question?
A certain number of posters would say it is. A large number of the pro-Bunting crowd remained nastily opposed to those who wanted Bunting fired right through the Butch years and after. Fedora has the same type followers.

Reactions: heelfan1961

Clemson was one example, but there are 128 other teams that look very similar. Plenty of things from the past 6 yrs to be upset about, but not hitting 25 every yr wasn't one of them.

A certain number of posters would say it is. A large number of the pro-Bunting crowd remained nastily opposed to those who wanted Bunting fired right through the Butch years and after. Fedora has the same type followers.

Fedora has zero followers here. But there are plenty of people who are bored with watching this dead horse get beaten over and over and over again.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Fedora has zero followers here. But there are plenty of people who are bored with watching this dead horse get beaten over and over and over again.
You mean the ones who fought tooth and nail defending Fedora, doing so often, especially as it became clear that they had been dead wrong about his abilities and vision, with a childish viciousness worthy of junior high girls?

That crowd is almost exactly like the pro-Bunting crowd, including in simultaneously claiming that they think everyone should move on while also creating (not merely stumbling into) opportunities to take shots at the backs of those who opposed their beloved failing coach. Bored readers do not act like that.

I lost any interest in reading any of the posts of the worst of them well before this season began.

You mean the ones who fought tooth and nail defending Fedora, doing so often, especially as it became clear that they had been dead wrong about his abilities and vision, with a childish viciousness worthy of junior high girls?

That crowd is almost exactly like the pro-Bunting crowd, including in simultaneously claiming that they think everyone should move on while also creating (not merely stumbling into) opportunities to take shots at the backs of those who opposed their beloved failing coach. Bored readers do not act like that.

I lost any interest in reading any of the posts of the worst of them well before this season began.

2019-05-Edith-eNews-broken-vinyl-record.jpg

The firing of Chad Morris could mean that Jacolby Criswell rethinks his commitment. He is from AR. The firing of Morris means that his son is unlikely to stay committed to Arkansas, which means that the new Hawg coach surely will focus on getting a QB commit.

If Criswell likes the new Arkansas HC, he could make the move to stay at home.

The firing of Chad Morris could mean that Jacolby Criswell rethinks his commitment. He is from AR. The firing of Morris means that his son is unlikely to stay committed to Arkansas, which means that the new Hawg coach surely will focus on getting a QB commit.

Auburn is the more serious threat.

Auburn is the more serious threat.
Right now, but Arkansas does not have a new HC.

The attraction to Auburn for Criswell is at least a bit about AR. Malzhan became a great HS coach in AR - maybe the best ever. And he was an assistant at Arkansas and HC at Ark St. I think Criswell is like most players from AR in that he has a strong feeling for both the state and people from the state.

The attraction to Auburn for Criswell is at least a bit about AR. Malzhan became a great HS coach in AR - maybe the best ever. And he was an assistant at Arkansas and HC at Ark St. I think Criswell is like most players from AR in that he has a strong feeling for both the state and people from the state.

Good news is Criswell is a projected early enrollee.

Malzahn could very well end up as Arkansas' head football coach.

Malzahn could very well end up as Arkansas' head football coach.
Auburn boosters are as unreasonable as any in the country. Malzahn may be ready to get out of their. But Auburn people being what they are might well decide to hold Malzahn to the huge buyout even though they want to fire him.

Hopefully he makes it to campus if not we need a capable replacement
We may already have another very good QB prospect coming in. I know it's against low level competition but here are Jefferson Boaz's QB numbers this year, in his first year as starter at QB:

183-248 attempts
3719 yards
74% completion percentage
54 TD's
5 INT's

They have outscored their opponents 682-236. Against Reidsville, always a tough opponent, his numbers were:
25-36, 479 yards, 5 TD's and 1 INT.

He has good feet because he plays three sports. But he can really sling the pigskin, is an excellent student, and is a very good leader on and off the field. BTW, his favorite target is coming to UNC as well.

Woad is tilting at windmills, or perhaps getting confused by his cross-board poasting on IC. There are few, if any, people here who "fought tooth and nail defending Fedora." When you're so dug in, everyone looks like an enemy.

I mean really, look at the tripe quoted above. "Childish viciousness." "Junior high girls." "Take shots at the backs." "Their beloved failing coach." Oh, the humanity! So melodramatic.

[Seinfeld voice] Who are these people? If they "so often" defended Fedora, there should plenty of evidence to support these accusations. The search history on this board goes back to 2015, so I'd like to see the receipts. Of course you'd never see Woad actually engage any of these people head on, because his opinions are impervious to criticism. Also, he's a coward who likes to lob insults at unnamed adversaries because performative indignation is all the rage these days.

Woad is tilting at windmills, or perhaps getting confused by his cross-board poasting on IC. There are few, if any, people here who "fought tooth and nail defending Fedora." When you're so dug in, everyone looks like an enemy.

I mean really, look at the tripe quoted above. "Childish viciousness." "Junior high girls." "Take shots at the backs." "Their beloved failing coach." Oh, the humanity! So melodramatic.

[Seinfeld voice] Who are these people? If they "so often" defended Fedora, there should plenty of evidence to support these accusations. The search history on this board goes back to 2015, so I'd like to see the receipts. Of course you'd never see Woad actually engage any of these people head on, because his opinions are impervious to criticism. Also, he's a coward who likes to lob insults at unnamed adversaries because performative indignation is all the rage these days.
I was going to quote all of @ticket2ride04's posts, but apparently he deleted them, because only three posts showed up when I searched.

Reactions: ticket2ride04

10 points to gryffindor for the Don Quixote reference.

Looks like pinder may be taking other visits hope to keep him

Also lil Carolina seems to be thinking they still have a shot at Murphy. Don’t think they do though. Some on signing day hurry and get here.

Looks like pinder may be taking other visits hope to keep him

Also lil Carolina seems to be thinking they still have a shot at Murphy. Don’t think they do though. Some on signing day hurry and get here.
murphy is solid as it gets pinder on the other hand is from florida and so he is listening i still expect him to sign with unc though

ADVERTISEMENT