ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

I've got a really good friend who is well in the know over at Mallard Creek and sees Trenton everyday. Word is Trenton has given UNC a silent verbal but will continue taking officials. This week is UNC, followed by LSU.

Reactions: Archer2
I've got a really good friend who is well in the know over at Mallard Creek and sees Trenton everyday. Word is Trenton has given UNC a silent verbal but will continue taking officials. This week is UNC, followed by LSU.
never heard about a silent verbal but was told we are in very good with him. a silent verbal doesnt hold much weight in my eyes watch what they do in this case... he keeps coming back to unc. and clemson may have done what they did with Evan's ans suggested coming to unc

never heard about a silent verbal but was told we are in very good with him. a silent verbal doesnt hold much weight in my eyes watch what they do in this case... he keeps coming back to unc. and clemson may have done what they did with Evan's ans suggested coming to unc

Just means we're in a good spot with him. Doesn't hurt that he's close to a lot of current 2019 commits.

Just means we're in a good spot with him. Doesn't hurt that he's close to a lot of current 2019 commits.
Anybody should understand the deep fascination with Clemson. But at some point, guys like him must stop waiting on a program like Clemson to signal that the long standing offer is finally commitable.

I couldn't resist taking a peak at what our beloved Wufs have to say about this. Here is my favorite, from a guy dubbed 'FeloniousQ':

Holes are hosting Trenton Simpson from Mallard Creek for an official visit this weekend too. Seems like he loves Clemson but who knows what will be passed under the table.

He calls him himself 'felonious' and assumes that we must pay Trenton Simpson to stay home, with no mention of Auburn's history of super boosters.

Howl on, Wufs, howl on. We feel your pain of irrelevance in everything. Except bass fishing.

I couldn't resist taking a peak at what our beloved Wufs have to say about this. Here is my favorite, from a guy dubbed 'FeloniousQ':

Holes are hosting Trenton Simpson from Mallard Creek for an official visit this weekend too. Seems like he loves Clemson but who knows what will be passed under the table.

He calls him himself 'felonious' and assumes that we must pay Trenton Simpson to stay home, with no mention of Auburn's history of super boosters.

Howl on, Wufs, howl on. We feel your pain of irrelevance in everything. Except bass fishing.
Right after Mack was hired, the common refrain from them was that Mack won't be able to recruit, because he's old and no one wants to play for an old man. Now that it's obvious that isn't the case, the line from them is that we are paying recruits. It's always an excuse with them.

Right after Mack was hired, the common refrain from them was that Mack won't be able to recruit, because he's old and no one wants to play for an old man. Now that it's obvious that isn't the case, the line from them is that we are paying recruits. It's always an excuse with them.
Gotta hand it to 'em: they are always entertaining in their ceaseless envy and spite.

The 2 main things that they are griping about are us over signing and running kids off and Mack paying recruits, lol! $tate fans have a short memory. They just got busted for paying DSJ and Doeren signed 31 players in his 2014 class! They are going absolutely crazy that we might sign 28-29 players, but 31 was just fine for them a few years ago.

Two predictions. Trenton will be a Tar Heel and will commit very shortly after we whip the Hoos. He will be the best LB we’ve had since LT.

As my buddy from Wisconsin used to say “All’s I’m sayin’...”.

Must be taking a full class and then some. Would love to add Simpson and oxendine.
Moo now has offered James Pagorelc, who would be a nice replacement for having lost Adorno. But I just don't see him at Moo. I think we would take him still, and have 5 OL commits. If that does not happen, Michigan, Stanford, and home state UVA all want him.

IMO, we will be full well before Pagorelc is ready to make a decision.

No...Fedora never took a full class and so to rebuild this program they need every player they can get.

No...Fedora never took a full class and so to rebuild this program they need every player they can get.
Fedora not taking a full class was discussed on here more than a few times. The Fedora defenders always had excuses.

fyi, that next yr's class will probably less than 25. Please don't jump ship when that happens.
Fedora's problem is this regard was not in failing to take a full class one year, but, as Deana notes, failing to ever take a full class.

When you have depth issues at a number of positions most years, your failure to sign full classes is likely to be part of the problem.

I would expect 2021 class in the 15 to 20 players range and that class will be very selective with offers, etc. It’s a fluid process subject to change with who stays or goes.

Crystal Ball predictions for Trenton Simpson. Me likey.

Crystal Ball® Predictions

• North Carolina 93%
  • Auburn 7%
8389465.jpg

Lead Expert
Steve Wiltfong
8120602.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT