ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

He just decommitted from Auburn. I have a feeling our staff is on him like white on rice and that he just may wind up a Tar Heel.

ETA: TOS’s lead recruiter just made a CB pick for UNC.

:D

Last edited:
Miami began that great run by being able to keep at home a huge number of the top recruits from south FL. Simpson added to Evans, Murphy, Bingley-Jones, Roseman-Sincliar, and Conley would be a major amount of NC talent on one side of the ball in one class.

Reactions: Archer2
He just decommitted from Auburn. I have a feeling our staff is on him like white on rice and that he just may wind up a Tar Heel.:D
i hope so. decommitting from auburn, walking away from whatever illegal inducements they offered, is a sign of intelligence and character.

i hope so. decommitting from auburn, walking away from whatever illegal inducements they offered, is a sign of intelligence and character.
Auburn being Auburn, it is all but certain that a top recruit nationally who does not have Auburn family ties was offered, perhaps obliquely, some nice entering gifts.

Simpson belongs at UNC with all those other NC guys on D in the class of 2020.

He just decommitted from Auburn. I have a feeling our staff is on him like white on rice and that he just may wind up a Tar Heel.

ETA: TOS’s lead recruiter just made a CB pick for UNC.

:D

There were rumblings last week he was decommiting and coming here. I dismissed it as wishful thinking. But dang it just might happen. This would give us 4 of the top 5 in the state and thats never happened for any school.

Reactions: tarheel0910
that's why we had a decommit at safety I believe is from va was encouraged to pursue other avenues.
You are saying we asked Lamareon James to decommit to make room for Simpson? Possible. But rumor is that he wants to play WR and we only wanted him for cornerback. AND that we have a million cornerbacks on the roster next yr - Rene, Storm, Morrison, Kyler McMichael, Bryce Watts, Obi, maybe Greg Ross, Tre Shaw, Javon Terry.

You are saying we asked Lamareon James to decommit to make room for Simpson? Possible. But rumor is that he wants to play WR and we only wanted him for cornerback. AND that we have a million cornerbacks on the roster next yr - Rene, Storm, Morrison, Kyler McMichael, Bryce Watts, Obi, maybe Greg Ross, Tre Shaw, Javon Terry.
All i was told was that he was encouraged to pursue other options I dont know how it came about. but that would make the most sense... kid wants to play receiver our reciever class is already really really good...

How much of a chance do you think that we have in getting Oxendine? I haven't heard much about him recently.

Baker’s father was a 3 year starter under Bowden at FSU. His son is reported to have as much talent as his dad, but is rawer at the same stage because he continues to play other sports instead of concentrating on football. In fact, he won’t be an early enrollee because he plans to play basketball this year. I think he’ll become a very good OL. He’s just recently become an OL, he was playing TE/DL before. Could be a diamond in the rough.

Baker’s father was a 3 year starter under Bowden at FSU. His son is reported to have as much talent as his dad, but is rawer at the same stage because he continues to play other sports instead of concentrating on football. In fact, he won’t be an early enrollee because he plans to play basketball this year. I think he’ll become a very good OL. He’s just recently become an OL, he was playing TE/DL before. Could be a diamond in the rough.
I have the same feeling that he could blossom on the OL after he gets his weight. Playing TE and basketball should mean he has good footwork, and can use his arms in conjunction with his height and weight.

Wuffies have started to discuss a rumor that Adorno is going to de-commit and then announce his love of all things Carolina Blue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT