ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

NVSU has to be unhappy about Mack's return to UNC, they now have some strong competition for these homegrown studs.

Looks like Thig is recruiting Quentin Williams, a 6-3/230# SDE from Mallard Creek.

Do we have any interest in Jacolbe Cowan, a 6-5/265# SDE from Providence Day?

NVSU has to be unhappy about Mack's return to UNC, they now have some strong competition for these homegrown studs.

Looks like Thig is recruiting Quentin Williams, a 6-3/230# SDE from Mallard Creek.

Do we have any interest in Jacolbe Cowan, a 6-5/265# SDE from Providence Day?
Yeah, we want him, Myles Murphy too, I think we want Kedick Bingley-Jones also... bunch of SSDE/DT sized guys that we hope to get. And then there are some out-of-staters who are similar that I think we're recruiting too, like AJ Beatty.

Of course Tenn, Georgia, SoCar and a bunch of others want the same guys.

cowan, evans, kedrick across the top. Murphy and Page, lower, not sure about the other few

We have a commitment from 3 * 2020 TE Kendall Karr of Cramerton, NC. He is 6-4 230 and also has offers from Auburn, LSU, SoCar, Penn St, Michigan, Maryland, Purdue, WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Wake Forest, MooU, and Oregon.

That offer list is impressive.

Also added a 6’4 175 lbs WR from SC...Tylee Craft...3 star on 24/7 not rated on Rivals...

Also added a 6’4 175 lbs WR from SC...Tylee Craft...3 star on 24/7 not rated on Rivals...
Tall WRs cause major headaches for DBs. Get some weight on Craft, and his height can prove to be a potent weapon.

Time now for a couple of DL commitments.

John Copenhaver

@JohnCopenhaver0

·
3h

100% COMMITTED

203c.svg

1f40f.svg
Glory to God.
@Mansell247
@ChadSimmons_
@CoachMackBrown
@TimBrewster
#Mackisback

He is gonna be a 4* soon... and this next tightend we got John Copenhaver idk how he isn't already a 4*
It may include that he is only 210, and many evaluators do not see him as being able to add 25 or more pounds to be the standard weight TE.

But it may be that this offense wants some TEs to weigh at least 235 and other TEs to be stand up pass receivers, and perhaps weigh no more than 220.

Right on.

I wonder if we have a chance with Malik Hornsby. I know we've got a lot of talent at QB but it never hurts to have more.

No, I haven’t seen him play. All I’ve seen are his clips, and I didn’t say he was underrated. But he looks athletic and he looks like he could put on the weight necessary to play linebacker. If the staff believes that he can and the staff believes that he’s a quality pick up, then I trust in their judgment. And I love that we’re addressing the defense. A handful of DL’s and we’re back baby.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
have you seen him play? what leads you to believe he's underrated?
Thigpen was the lead recruiter, and he and Bateman got him on campus and decided he can be a P5 LB. I trust that pair to spot talent that has not been tapped because the guy has been playing WR.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Trenton Simpson is making an announcement tomorrow at 7pm (guessing a commitment) anybody know anything etc.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT