ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

UNC football fans are currently all over that kids tweet about his top 5

How about Malik Hornsby committing? Great pickup. Immensely talented.

boom01.jpg.cf.jpg

We now have 2 QB for the class...Is this a sign that somebody is moving on after this season...

We now have 2 QB for the class...Is this a sign that somebody is moving on after this season...
Perhaps before school starts.

Or perhaps not. It may be that QBs just want to play in this offense for Longo.

My guess since Howell signed has been that 1 of the 3 will announce his transfer no later than the end of the 2019 season.

I personally think Hornsby will end up playing a different position. Criswell may end up somewhere else too. Lots of big programs recruit guys that start out as QBs and end up playing other positions. Former QB's can make great safeties.

I personally think Hornsby will end up playing a different position. Criswell may end up somewhere else too. Lots of big programs recruit guys that start out as QBs and end up playing other positions. Former QB's can make great safeties.

I seriously doubt both Hornsby and Criswell end up at different positions. There's a decent chance one could though. And it may not be until after the season, but I would imagine whoever is third on the totem pole amongst the current QBs will eventually transfer.

Reactions: uncboy10
I seriously doubt both Hornsby and Criswell end up at different positions. There's a decent chance one could though. And it may not be until after the season, but I would imagine whoever is third on the totem pole amongst the current QBs will eventually transfer.

Ideally one would stick to QB so we have one in each class. Personally I think Ruder will win the starting job, and Fortin will transfer. Howell takes a redshirt. That’s just my guess. Howell could win the job this year, then Fortin and Ruder will both probably transfer

Reactions: tarheel0910
Ideally one would stick to QB so we have one in each class. Personally I think Ruder will win the starting job, and Fortin will transfer. Howell takes a redshirt. That’s just my guess. Howell could win the job this year, then Fortin and Ruder will both probably transfer
I think Ruder wins the job as well, but his dad is on record here as saying he's not transferring. Obviously his feelings could change down the road though.

I think Ruder wins the job as well, but his dad is on record here as saying he's not transferring. Obviously his feelings could change down the road though.

I remember that, and I respect it. But I would also have no hard feelings towards anyone who wants to go somewhere else to find PT. These guys are all too talented just to be backups.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Criswell has already stated he might be willing to shift positions. Can’t see the other QB be willing to do so. At any rate on paper , these five QBs reflect quality as well as quantity

If Ruder starts and Fortin transfers, and Howell redshirts? Can’t do the season with one QB.
I think everyone is saying Fortin would transfer after the season. A redshirt can be pulled at any time, so that means nothing as far as depth. This is all just speculation though. No need to worry.

Reactions: lerario
If Ruder starts and Fortin transfers, and Howell redshirts? Can’t do the season with one QB.

Yeah I meant one of them or both would leave after 2019.

Maybe Malik Hornsby will turn out to be the next Vince Young and put the entire conversation to bed for three years...

Reactions: Heelpride
Bryce Watts, DB from VT xferring to UNC. Started 12 games. Led them in PBU's and had an interception. Slotted as a starter for them again headed in the summer.

I like it.
Yep

I bet he has to sit a year, but then he will be fully in tune with team for 2020.

Good frame, and he still has room to put on a lot of weight from what I can tell. We need all the guys we can get on that side of the ball.
Yeah, not an amazing offer list, but i agree, we've been relying on frosh for so long, that we need to stockpile all the dl positions and let em grow.

Yeah, not an amazing offer list, but i agree, we've been relying on frosh for so long, that we need to stockpile all the dl positions and let em grow.
Aint that the truth.

Beatty is not likely to ever make 1st team All ACC, but he can be the type to start on a really good D. A 1st rate D does not require 11 starters who were 4 or 5 * recruits. It requires 2 or 3 or 4 dominating players, 1st rate coaching, and a host of guys who are blue collar tough and who work hard to make the D as a unit better.

But you must have bodies on the DL: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team bodies.

Reactions: Archer2
He’ll be very solid. You think the talking heads can evaluate better than this staff?

IMO its hard to predict how linemen on both sides of the ball will perform in college, because they usually need to learn a lot of technique, and bust their @sses in the weight room. I'll gladly take a 3-star DE with a great work ethic.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
IMO its hard to predict how linemen on both sides of the ball will perform in college, because they usually need to learn a lot of technique, and bust their @sses in the weight room. I'll gladly take a 3-star DE with a great work ethic.
True.

If you not sign and develop the hard working 3 * guys, you aren't likely to have any shot to start landing a string of high 4* and 5* recruits.

If the staff can land Desmond Evans and either Jacolbe Cowan or Kedrick Bingley-Jones to go along with Beatty, then we will have made a great start to rebuilding the DL into something that can go head to head with Clemson.

True.

If you not sign and develop the hard working 3 * guys, you aren't likely to have any shot to start landing a string of high 4* and 5* recruits.

If the staff can land Desmond Evans and either Jacolbe Cowan or Kedrick Bingley-Jones to go along with Beatty, then we will have made a great start to rebuilding the DL into something that can go head to head with Clemson.
Bingly jones is a unc lean its a toss up for cowan right now but we are in the thick of it

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT