ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting and commitments

I think that we will see Beatty, hopefully Evans and 1-2 more out of state DL commit. I believe that the SEC will steal KBJ and Cowan away from us.
SEC will also steal Simpson.

Evans is a must, must, must, must have in this class. We've got to start turning the tide on losing elite in-state DL to SEC / SCar / Moo or we'll never be anything better than a team that flirts with breaching the Top 25.

SEC will also steal Simpson.

Evans is a must, must, must, must have in this class. We've got to start turning the tide on losing elite in-state DL to SEC / SCar / Moo or we'll never be anything better than a team that flirts with breaching the Top 25.

Wouldn't rule out Simpson going to UNC before it's all said and done. Mallard Creek guys say he loves UNC and staff, which were the first to show interest in him. A strong year would definitely help.

Wouldn't rule out Simpson going to UNC before it's all said and done. Mallard Creek guys say he loves UNC and staff, which were the first to show interest in him. A strong year would definitely help.
If he wants to keep the door open with us, then he needs to get back with Thigpen and our staff. Word is that he has cutoff all communication with us after the Auburn visit. Very disappointing.

The sooner we start winning, the sooner we start landing guys like Evans. If the kid is smart he will hold out to see how we look in year one under Mack. I don’t see what he’d have to lose by just waiting it out. The spot is his if he wants it, regardless of how long he waits. So why commit before you can see what you’re getting yourself in to?

Bingly jones is a unc lean its a toss up for cowan right now but we are in the thick of it
It would be huge to get both. In fact, if we were to sign both but lose Evans, most of the sting of the Evans loss would barely be felt.

The DL is what we must build up most to come to dominate the Coastal and become par with Clemson.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
It would be huge to get both. In fact, if we were to sign both but lose Evans, most of the sting of the Evans loss would barely be felt.

The DL is what we must build up most to come to dominate the Coastal and become par with Clemson.
We are aitting pretty with evans simpson has burned brodges here with the way he treated aome of the staff. Not sure we will take him even if he backs off his pledge to auburn

Jefferson Boaz of Pilot Mountain East Surry, son of former UNC punter Jay Boaz, who played for Mack in the early 1990s, has committed. Jefferson is playing QB, but is 6-8 and also has played DE and TE.

That height could be a big help at either DE or TE.

Jefferson Boaz of Pilot Mountain East Surry, son of former UNC punter Jay Boaz, who played for Mack in the early 1990s, has committed. Jefferson is playing QB, but is 6-8 and also has played DE and TE.

That height could be a big help at either DE or TE.
This young man is really intriguing. As Woad said, a very versatile athlete. Going to be interesting to see what position he winds up playing. Here’s a good article on him, seems like a high quality kid.

https://247sports.com/college/north...n-Boaz-Commits-During-Showtime-Camp-132872663

Playing QB means he has to have good hands. Could be a beast at TE with his height.

Reactions: Archer2
6-6 260 pound 3* SDE Sean Martin has committed, over assumed favorites WVU and Penn St, with VT also in the running.

Our accepting his commitment may mean that Myles Murphy is headed elsewhere.

6-6 260 pound 3* SDE Sean Martin has committed, over assumed favorites WVU and Penn St, with VT also in the running.

Do Martin and Beatty mean no Murphy and jacolby Cowan?

17 hard commits this early is a really good sign. Throw in Desmond Evans and a few more four star guys and this could be one of the best recruiting classes we've ever had. Maybe even the best if you don't count the Butch years. But I've never been huge on following recruiting so maybe I'm completely off base here...

We have a commitment from Lee County NC CB Jayden Chalmers. He is a lower 3*, and UNC is his first P5 offer. He is a UNC fan and has camped at UNC in order to try to win an offer.

I'l always take a hard working guy who really wants to be a Tar Heel. And in this case, that recruit plays HS football with 5* Des Evans.

Lots of noise on Twitter about another commitment coming soon and it sounds like a Big 1....Also saw where Mack and crew are keying in on the DL to fill out this class...

More DL depth, crucial to us.

I hate auto correct

Rucker, from GA, earned the offer with his performance at the Showtime Camp. My guess is that he is going to be a scrappy hustle hound.
Very good speed and seems strong. Very sure tackler. Could play LB. Another nice pickup for the defense we’re building. I’ll bet Bateman loves this guy.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
End of the day I don’t know what Mr. Evans is going to do but I feel like we have a chance...He could be the start of something if he picks the Heels...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT