ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

The staff knows way more about recruiting than I do but I would not be sad if the Heels did not take a TE in this class.

Reactions: Archer2
I get your concern but fortunately, he's a Heel, 100%. Him and JJ Jones are locks.

Patterson just announced he's committing in 2 weeks. Afraid it's gonna be Clemson.
Insider at clemson isn't so sure.... and its a big one no one knows what Patterson is gonna do now if the clemson troll lurking looking right at you @darylcu wants to try and call me a liar again I will just simply copy and paste and apologize later

The staff knows way more about recruiting than I do but I would not be sad if the Heels did not take a TE in this class.
It is not a requirement. And not just because we threw so rarely to the TE last year. If Boaz is moved to TE (and that is my guess, though the move may not be official until Spring or summer 2021), then we have 4 frosh TEs on the 2020 team.

There is no TE we can sign for this class who has more upside than guys on the OL like Colby Smith, Logan Taylor, and Yousef Mugarbil.

Well, we aren't finished with OL or TE. Taylor is quiet, but has narrowed things down behind the scenes from what I understand, and he's not our only option. Then we're working on Bryson Nesbit at TE. Thinking we save the ship if nothing works out with younger Gosnell in '22 class. Just my gut.

Insider at clemson isn't so sure.... and its a big one no one knows what Patterson is gonna do now if the clemson troll lurking looking right at you @darylcu wants to try and call me a liar again I will just simply copy and paste and apologize later
You're right on this one. Our guy stated you guys feel good about Patterson, we'll see. As for calling you a liar, if you didn't make svit up I wouldn't have to. Can't help it if you don't know what you're talking about.

You're right on this one. Our guy stated you guys feel good about Patterson, we'll see. As for calling you a liar, if you didn't make svit up I wouldn't have to. Can't help it if you don't know what you're talking about.
I didn't make crap up I did read it on a vip message board form a supposed insider it wasn't a big one like the one I just referenced but I did read it... now scurry back to Tigger land winnie

Reactions: uncfootball-
Anybody have anything on George Wilson out of VA? Just offered him and not sure if we're doing so for insurance in case Patterson goes to Clemson.

I hate to use the term "source" because everyone seems to have one but most are folks just guessing... but my buddy said Patterson is going to Clemson. Never got the feeling he was real excited about staying in state. Wilson is a good player ranks just a few spots behind Patterson. Heels would be fine if they land Wilson.

Patterson could've let the UNC staff know he was going to commit elsewhere, who knows. Some people I talk to feel good about Patterson to us. Will be interested to see where the crystal balls go the next few days.
Patterson did not do that now it looks like the tiggers but as late as this morning unc felt as if he had a very real shot

Reactions: uncfootball-
Good news is JJ Jones is a lock, but it is hard to get a read on Patterson. He has a very close circle. If I had to bet rn I would say Clemson, but that could be subject to change. As for Nesbit. I believe he goes to South Carolina. His dad went there and he has visited several times.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Good news is JJ Jones is a lock, but it is hard to get a read on Patterson. He has a very close circle. If I had to bet rn I would say Clemson, but that could be subject to change. As for Nesbit. I believe he goes to South Carolina. His dad went there and he has visited several times.

Yes, Jones is a lock. Deep ball threat who makes some crazy catches and also will be deadly in the screen game. Starting to hear that we have some traction with Ingram-Dawkins.

Not UNC recruiting, but more than a bit interesting: how the Hell did Moo convince Aaron McLaughlin to commit?

I assume he is highly interested in starting as a true freshman, and that he figures he has a good shot doing that as a mighty Wuf. But it is MooU, in Rawlee.

Maybe this will make some Wuffies happy, knowing that they have another QB on campus who has a sound shot at making the NFL. He will win nothing of any merit in college, and many Moo fans will boo him when he plays and loses to UNC. But right now they are happy.

Not UNC recruiting, but more than a bit interesting: how the Hell did Moo convince Aaron McLaughlin to commit?

I assume he is highly interested in starting as a true freshman, and that he figures he has a good shot doing that as a mighty Wuf. But it is MooU, in Rawlee.

Maybe this will make some Wuffies happy, knowing that they have another QB on campus who has a sound shot at making the NFL. He will win nothing of any merit in college, and many Moo fans will boo him when he plays and loses to UNC. But right now they are happy.
Great pickup for them. Good luck to him, he’s gonna need it.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11

I hope it leads to Doeren staying for a few more years!

Like Nesbit for his size. I was thinking both parents had a connection to South Carolina but might be mistaken.

He has significantly more credibility than you do. At this point, it’s all guesswork, some more knowledgeable guesswork than others.
Nothing concrete, but I think we get Patterson.
Sure hope you’re right. If we could add Ritzie, Jones, and Patterson I’d be on cloud nine.

^ and even if he was accusing Clemson of that, it's our board @HumasButthole

Clemson's fanbase is in a weird spot right now. Half of them have embraced their recent success and are thumping their chest to every other fanbase. The other half still seem to have an inferiority complex and any time anything remotely negative concerning Clemson is mentioned, they come running in to cry foul.

Serious question, and I’m not trying to be a dick, but why would we have an inferiority complex when it comes to UNC?

Serious question, and I’m not trying to be a dick, but why would we have an inferiority complex when it comes to UNC?

Serious question, what part of that poast referred to UNC? He’s talking about clemson fans reacting to negative comments, it had nothing to do with UNC specifically.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
lmao. UNC is not our biggest threat and you’re projecting. Clown
Strictly looking at the ACC, who would you consider your biggest competition? Miami, VT, Louisville, FSU? Obviously, from a national point of view, Bama, OSU, LSU, etc are the ones that you are worrying about.

lmao. UNC is not our biggest threat and you’re projecting. Clown
You should not want to make Clemson fans sound ignorant. Miami is down, and has been for many years. Miami is not the biggest ACC threat to pull even with Clemson, and he Canes may be on the coaching market again very soon. Jimbo let go of the reins his final year at FSU, and the program has not recovered. FSU is not the biggest ACC threat to pull even with Clemson right now. VT is having all kinds of recruiting trouble, which could mean a deeper dip. VT is not the biggest ACC threat to pull even with Clemson.

UNC is recruiting extremely well and has a Hall of Fame coach who has won a National Championship. Right now, UNC is the biggest ACC threat to pull even with Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT