ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

I know this is a thread for 2021, but I saw no where else to put it. This kid from Crest Eli Hall is a monster. Already holds offers from Michigan State, Auburn, and South Carolina among others. He’s only a junior. Here is the chance for UNC to get in early and work on Cleveland County. Scroll down the thread for his sophomore highlights.

https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/crest-soph-eli-hall.43525/

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Yeah, he’s new to the position and is already turning heads. Give him another year or two and he’ll be one of the best WR’s in the country. He’s got a lot of raw talent. That group of WR’s coming in next year may be one of the best we’ve had. With Howell and Maye in the fold, and our talented stable of backs, we just need solid play from the OL and our offense will be prolific.

Keep building those lines and we’re going to legitimately challenge for the conference soon, perhaps even this year.

Jones's teammate at MB, Adam Randall, is a 4 star WR in next year's class.

I know this is a thread for 2021, but I saw no where else to put it. This kid from Crest Eli Hall is a monster. Already holds offers from Michigan State, Auburn, and South Carolina among others. He’s only a junior. Here is the chance for UNC to get in early and work on Cleveland County. Scroll down the thread for his sophomore highlights.

https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/crest-soph-eli-hall.43525/

We've been in contact. I'm sure we'll bring him up once things die down.

This commitment by Jones is great news. He has been a priority recruit for some time. He possesses good speed, great hands, and optimal size for a college WR. The trio of Jones, Blackwell, and Paysour gives us three more outstanding targets for Howell and Maye going forward. It’s extra sweet to go into SC and steal him away.

Now if we can reel in Grimes and Ritzie...

https://www.si.com/.amp-tar-heels/college/unc/football/jj-jones-commits

Looks like Ritzie is looking at Georgia now. We were 100% as of Wednesday but are down to 57%.

MMmmmm....

Looks like Ritzie is looking at Georgia now. We were 100% as of Wednesday but are down to 57%.

MMmmmm....

Where are you seeing this?? On both sites he is 100% to us! Even got a crystal ball on this site today...a lot of ppl think he’s a UNC lock

This should make you guys feel pretty good. Little comparison of our staff vs VT and vs Clemson. So, probably our main competition in the Coastal and in the ACC. We're one of the only schools in the conference going almost toe-to-toe with Clemson.

9773153.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: uncfootball-
We're a lot higher than people think on his list. I'm gonna die on this hill.

He had already notified the school he was going to commit to and it wasn't us. We weren't going to get a visit. So, we're obviously in better shape now, but I wouldn't put us ahead of UT, UGA with him never being on campus. And ultimately it doesn't really matter unless you're in first.

He had already notified the school he was going to commit to and it wasn't us. We weren't going to get a visit. So, we're obviously in better shape now, but I wouldn't put us ahead of UT, UGA with him never being on campus. And ultimately it doesn't really matter unless you're in first.

Things certainly changed which is why I said we have the Big Mo right now. Cross along with current recruits are doing a good job on him. Looking forward to getting him on campus in the next few months as his parents want him to visit other places.

Reactions: Archer2
I hate to use the term "source" because everyone seems to have one but most are folks just guessing... but my buddy said Patterson is going to Clemson. Never got the feeling he was real excited about staying in state. Wilson is a good player ranks just a few spots behind Patterson. Heels would be fine if they land Wilson.

Well the crystal ball folks are a little slow.

Reactions: Archer2
Well the crystal ball folks are a little slow.

We definitely led at one point; his HS coach has said as much. First P5 offer, recruited him hard, he visited multiple times, in fact we we were his last visit. Did everything we could do. Clemson got in his ear, amazing facilities, gameday atmosphere, churning out draft picks, etc. They're gonna win that battle more times than not right now. And I agree, I think Wilson would be a good alternative.

Reactions: uncfootball-
We definitely led at one point; his HS coach has said as much. First P5 offer, recruited him hard, he visited multiple times, in fact we we were his last visit. Did everything we could do. Clemson got in his ear, amazing facilities, gameday atmosphere, churning out draft picks, etc. They're gonna win that battle more times than not right now. And I agree, I think Wilson would be a good alternative.

I am far from a recruiting expert but when I look at film on Wilson and Patterson I see no difference. I'd say a coin flip to which one will be better. If I had to pick I'd go with Patterson because he is from North Carolina. If Wilson played at Green Hope in Morrisville instead of Green Run in Virginia, I might lead toward Wilson.. to me it's that close.

Down to UNC, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Ohio State. He’s supposedly deciding December 1st. UNC and Georgia considered the favorites.

Nothing really new there.

UNC, Penn St, Arizona St and South Carolina. We're in good shape here.
Muschamp's seat is hot. Because of the bowl loss, he had a losing 1st year. His 3rd season ended with a bowl loss and a 7-6 record. Last year, his 4th, he was 4-8. If he does not win at least 6, he is gone.

AZ St is a very long way from VA. Nobody in the family is driving to any of those games, Home or Away.

Yep @WoadBlue, I would think Muschamp is on the hot seat. He may be one of those guys that’s a better DC than HC. He’s 54-46 as a HC, albeit in the tough SEC. As DC, he’s had some very good defenses, including LSU’s championship year in ‘03. That defense was 1st nationally in scoring defense, 1st in total defense, 2nd in defensive pass efficiency, and 3rd in rushing defense.

Last edited:
Yep @WoadBlue, I would think Muschamp is on the hot seat. He may be one of those guys that’s a better DC than HC.....
he's coaching at a school with little to offer socially or academically, little or no football tradition and mediocre h.s. recruiting area, in a conference full of great football schools. taking the job at scar was a stupid move.

Yep @WoadBlue, I would think Muschamp is on the hot seat. He may be one of those guys that’s a better DC than HC. He’s 54-46 as a HC, albeit in the tough SEC. As DC, he’s had some very good defenses, including LSU’s championship year in ‘03. That defense was 1st nationally in scoring defense, 1st in total defense, 2nd in defensive pass efficiency, and 3rd in rushing defense.

I dont doubt your facts but when I read this my first thought is that Muschamp had great players at LSU in 03. He was not taking guys that couldnt walk or only had one arm and winning games. I have said before coaches get too much credit when they win and too much criticism when they lose.

I dont doubt your facts but when I read this my first thought is that Muschamp had great players at LSU in 03. He was not taking guys that couldnt walk or only had one arm and winning games. I have said before coaches get too much credit when they win and too much criticism when they lose.
Of course he had great players. You don’t post those kind of numbers and win the National Championship without them. Jimmies and Joes, not X’s and O’s, remember?

If a coach cannot get the players he needs to win, then he fails. That makes him a failure.

Coaches can and do affect how players develop. That means that even if a coach signs top classes, his failure to oversee development overrules his ability to recruit. Game planning and game management also are essential to wining.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Coaches get too much credit when they win and too much criticism when they lose.

So do Generals and CEO’s. There’s a reason they get paid the big bucks. The buck stops with them. They get paid great money when they’re winning, but have a couple of bad years, and you’re a bum.

Comes with the territory.

Ritzee will announce this evening - it is in conjunction with his parents' wedding anniversary party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT