ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting

Couple of our guys picking up some hardware:

Tayon Holloway (Green Run) - All-Beach District OPOY, 1st Team Offense WR, 1st Team Defense DB

Tychaun Chapman (Princess Anne) - All-Beach District 1st Team Offense WR, 2nd Team Defense UT

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
Do we have a legitimate shot with Travis Shaw, Zack Rice, and Shawn Murphy? Our class is ranked 25th by Rivals, but we only have four commits. I guess getting all those early commitments last year spoiled me. I’m jonesin’ for more commits.

Do we have a legitimate shot with Travis Shaw, Zack Rice, and Shawn Murphy? Our class is ranked 25th by Rivals, but we only have four commits. I guess getting all those early commitments last year spoiled me. I’m jonesin’ for more commits.
Shawn Murphy has already eliminated UNC. I like our chances with Rice. Shaw is a Clem lean.

Reactions: bobcrane14
I expect the NCAA to file a lawsuit to stop various states from enacting their own NIL legislation as early as July 1st, but if not we're going to be at a serious disadvantage recruiting because ours doesn't go into effect until 2024 - NC needs to get on the ball.

I expect the NCAA to file a lawsuit to stop various states from enacting their own NIL legislation as early as July 1st, but if not we're going to be at a serious disadvantage recruiting because ours doesn't go into effect until 2024 - NC needs to get on the ball.
I'm not sure we'll be at a big disadvantage yet. If I remember correctly, the laws just allow the students to make money. It doesn't keep the NCAA from declaring the school/athlete ineligible. My guess is a federal law will emerge that will supersede state law and make everything uniform.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I'm not sure we'll be at a big disadvantage yet. If I remember correctly, the laws just allow the students to make money. It doesn't keep the NCAA from declaring the school/athlete ineligible. My guess is a federal law will emerge that will supersede state law and make everything uniform.

Definitely hoping that's the case and they come up with something uniform. Basically, the NCAA is arguing that they should be the one deciding amateurism as opposed to a judge, state lawmakers, etc - that's what's in front of the Supreme Court. Some states, like GA for instance, have passed legislation that will allow student athletes to be compensated for NIL beginning July 1st - in GA that money would be held in escrow until they graduate or exhaust eligibility. It's already giving some schools an edge - FSU is pitching kids on the idea of getting paid immediately because that's how their law works. That and they've put a ton of money in this APEX NIL program.

UNC should be really strong in this area with the business school, branding, etc. I just hope they can get it together and that the state government doesn't put us at a disadvantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT