ADVERTISEMENT

2022 UNC Transfer Thread

@NBBears20124ACHAMPS, you hearing anything about more transfers happening soon or are people holding off to see if any changes are made?
I thought Silver and Bingley Jones were on the fence, but the longer time goes by and they're not in the portal, the better, obviously. Gray and Duck are getting info back from the NFL, but Duck might also transfer if he doesn't hear what he wants. The only other few I see are Olson at WR and Green at RB. Possibly you might have a Sutton transfer on the OL, but he'll probably wait to see how it shakes out with the starters on the OL and their decisions.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Criswell, Kim, RaRa, Nash, Hollins, Collins, Taylor, Karr, Brown, Kelly, Grimes, Balfour.

Warren wants his own guys.

Criswell, Kim, RaRa, Nash, Hollins, Collins, Taylor, Karr, Brown, Kelly, Grimes, Balfour.

Warren wants his own guys.
I don't mind him having his own guys. That's pretty much what they all do, but I always worry about depth. Have they started looking for guys in the portal yet? I can't imagine that they aren't going to use it. Pretty much have to with the new rules.

I don't mind him having his own guys. That's pretty much what they all do, but I always worry about depth. Have they started looking for guys in the portal yet? I can't imagine that they aren't going to use it. Pretty much have to with the new rules.
Yea they always vet guys going into the portal and reach out to the ones they like to see if there is an interest and go from there. You don't have time to build much of a relationship so it's all hands-on deck. No question they have to go after DB's in the portal and I suspect they get at least two older proven starters.

Any names that you know of?
Alijah Huzzie (CB) out of ETSU, he's visiting this weekend. Was first team all-conference and had 22 pass breakups and 6 INT's in 2022.

Drae McCray out of Austin Peay and Elijah Spencer out of Charlotte are the WR's. McCray is a slot guy whereas Spencer is an outside guy

Drake Metcalf and Drake Nugent are the OL, both out of Stanford. Nugent had the 6th highest PFF grade for the Center position in 2022.

Criswell porting is actually good news for us. I believe that if he knew or even strongly suspected that Maye was leaving he would not have jumped into the portal this early.

Alijah Huzzie (CB) out of ETSU, he's visiting this weekend. Was first team all-conference and had 22 pass breakups and 6 INT's in 2022.

Drae McCray out of Austin Peay and Elijah Spencer out of Charlotte are the WR's. McCray is a slot guy whereas Spencer is an outside guy

Drake Metcalf and Drake Nugent are the OL, both out of Stanford. Nugent had the 6th highest PFF grade for the Center position in 2022.
Add Josaiah Stewart from Coastal Carolina to the list. Had 12 sacks as a freshman last year.

If those OL guys end up coming, that's a lot of Drakes on offense. Going to get confusing.

If those OL guys end up coming, that's a lot of Drakes on offense. Going to get confusing.
enhanced-9037-1438703795-2.jpg

• Haha

And his name is Drake? Yes pleeeze

Duck feels like the first painful xfer. Did someone tell him he might lose pt to Allen or Lejond?

Might be hard to land recruits like OL from HS and portal without an offensive coordinator.

Interesting. Is he expecting more playing time now that others have transferred or do you think some changes in the staff are going to happen?
Lean towards the former but wouldn't be surprised if more changes come. Great time to just start over with the staff instead of hiring folks for 1-2 years and then having to do it again when Mack retires.

Silver too? Sheesh!
Yea, heard he was unhappy before the season started and then the whole number change situation happened followed by him not getting any playing time. 4/5 stars are leaving and UNC is looking at Akron/ECU/Elon/Charlotte etc recruits right now.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: chickenhunter
Yea, heard he was unhappy before the season started and then the only number situation happened followed by him not getting any playing time. 4/5 stars are leaving and UNC is looking at Akron/ECU/Elon/Charlotte etc recruits right now.

Well those players were not exactly burning it up.

I was just stating that everything UNC has done with the 4/5 stars has been wrong, so maybe the ECU/Elon/Akron/Charlotte route, might be right. Jokingly, of course.
I'm just now being made aware of how little $$$ UNC has, or is willing to spend. Maybe they can sell "The Blue Zone" to Coastal Carolina.

• Love
Reactions: gteeitup
I don't think Silver and Grimes are big losses, but they sure are big recruiting misses OR signs of horrific development.
The real question is who the heck are ranking these players. We all assume because they have a certain amount of stars beside their name they WILL BE stars. Fact is our best defensive player this season was a three-star wide receiver. You can't make this stuff up. LOL

The real question is who the heck are ranking these players. We all assume because they have a certain amount of stars beside their name they WILL BE stars. Fact is our best defensive player this season was a three-star wide receiver. You can't make this stuff up. LOL
Was Silver's HS yr the yr things shutdown? It's possible his body and frame changed enough that he might've dropped to 4*, i guess.
He never looked very twitchy or athletic once he got here... i guess you can partly blame injury and weight gain if you didn't want to blame parts of the program.

It feels like another in the long line of cursed DL recruits at UNC he come with high accolades then never perform... or are aren't great but still wind up in the NFL somehow (i think Dalton is still collecting a check).

Reactions: hossheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT