ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Imo Coleman Hawkins is better than any of the bigs we’ve offered so far! With the exception of rebounding he is Much better than Bacot. If we’re not in contact with him…what are we doing? PF/and 5.

Reactions: Sk1310 and Bur-Heel
That may be so but judging by the interview that he recently had with Goddman, I don’t think NIL will be the main focus in making his decision. He seem to be more interested with his career long term, getting to the league, oppose to receiving just 1 year of NIL. And I think he’s smart enough to know playing major minutes at the 4/5 position for UNC could be that boost needed to get him over the hump.

Unlike the others, with Colman, NIL really seem to be less of a factor.

Last edited:
He also lists Arkansas as a suitor. Meaning we have no chance of winning that bidding war.
That may be so but judging by the interview that he recently had with Goddman, I don’t think NIL will be the main focus in making his decision. He seem to be more interested with his career long term, getting to the league, oppose to receiving just 1 year of NIL. And I think he’s smart enough to know playing major minutes at the 4/5 position for UNC could be that boost needed to get him over the hump.

Unlike most of the others, with Colman, NIL really seem to be less of a factor. Dude trying to get to the league!

Matt Norlander of CBS sports believes 6'10 forward Coleman Hawkins of illinois will withdraw from the draft and lists UNC as a suitor.
He would fit the Ingram role very nicely. Likes the perimeter, the 3/4 style is his only path to the league.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Can you make the UNC BOD, or Athletic Department, or Rams Club aware of your prowess and ability? I mean... before they ruin UNC basketball for perpetuity. I blame you for sitting here wasting your time, talent and ingenuity.
Hubert Davis goes all in on Adou Thiero, flies the whole staff to Lexington to meet with him, and can't even get Thiero to visit UNC because our NIL can't compare with the NIL Arkansas has gotten from their 3 billionaire donors.

Hubert Davis does multiple zoom calls and an in-home visit with Durham native Jonas Aidoo. But can't even get Aidoo to visit UNC before committing to Arkansas, where he'll have to split time at Center with 7'2" Zvonimir Ivisic.

I point out that our NIL leadership has left the UNC staff unable to compete with Arkansas, who has multiple billionaires backing their NIL and a coach with a long history of convincing top recruits to split playing time and platoon at their college positions. strummingram insults me for some reason.

Hubert Davis goes all in on Adou Thiero, flies the whole staff to Lexington to meet with him, and can't even get Thiero to visit UNC because our NIL can't compare with the NIL Arkansas has gotten from their 3 billionaire donors.

Hubert Davis does multiple zoom calls and an in-home visit with Durham native Jonas Aidoo. But can't even get Aidoo to visit UNC before committing to Arkansas, where he'll have to split time at Center with 7'2" Zvonimir Ivisic.

I point out that our NIL leadership has left the UNC staff unable to compete with Arkansas, who has multiple billionaires backing their NIL and a coach with a long history of convincing top recruits to split playing time and platoon at their college positions. strummingram insults me for some reason.
Why are you wasting time telling ME this stuff?I don't have any money!

In fairness, you're very insultable. It's just your way. The way you act like you have it all figured out. Your incessant whining and complaining. The way you synchronize your gripes here with your gripes at IC under a different name. The way you try to condescend other poasters for daring to disagree with you.

I'll admit that I agree with a lot of your takes. But I almost don't want to because you're such an unlikable sort. You seem like the kind of guy at a party that literally no one wants to talk to.

In short, just try not to be such an ass. We're all fans here. We don't all have to agree with you and like another poaster told you in a response yesterday, say your peace and then move on. Stop harping on the same things over and over. You obviously want to be a part of this community because you joined yet the way you respond to people makes it seem like you were forced to be here.

Last edited:
A Kansas transfer commit just reopened his recruitment. He's not a big so it doesn't help us. But it does reiterate that none of these decisions are final. If we could do a big donor fundraiser, we might be able to flip one of the bigs we missed out on these past few weeks.

A Kansas transfer commit just reopened his recruitment. He's not a big so it doesn't help us. But it does reiterate that none of these decisions are final. If we could do a big donor fundraiser, we might be able to flip one of the bigs we missed out on these past few weeks.
Maybe you should spearhead it, would be a first for you putting your money where your mouth is.

Can you make the UNC BOD, or Athletic Department, or Rams Club aware of your prowess and ability? I mean... before they ruin UNC basketball for perpetuity. I blame you for sitting here wasting your time, talent and ingenuity.
I just wish that his kindergarten teacher would take the keyboard away from him.

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
Maybe you should spearhead it, would be a first for you putting your money where your mouth is.
Tell me exactly where to send my money. Go ahead, show me our amazing NIL collective's website. I've already been supporting RJ, Cadeau, and Trimble by buying the t-shirts. Show me where I go to donate to the NIL fund to help Hubert buy a starting front court.

Tell me exactly where to send my money. Go ahead, show me our amazing NIL collective's website. I've already been supporting RJ, Cadeau, and Trimble by buying the t-shirts. Show me where I go to donate to the NIL fund to help Hubert buy a starting front court.

So no money more mouth right.

? I keep hearing from AJ here and TOS that money is not the issue…Also that UNC is using the brand to try to get guys to come down on what they are asking…Now if that is truly what is going on we are in trouble…

? I keep hearing from AJ here and TOS that money is not the issue…Also that UNC is using the brand to try to get guys to come down on what they are asking…Now if that is truly what is going on we are in trouble…
The other site keeps reiterating "our NIL is competitive." Which is just a funny way of saying we're getting outbid because the people in charge of our NIL aren't working hard to fundraise. So our coaches have to try and sell the brand and the "potential" to make a lot of money like Bacot did.

For Pete's sake, we have millions of passionate fans. Why hasn't the collective set up a website where fans can donate directly to the NIL fund for Hubert to use. Put a reward system in place. You donate X amount, you reach a certain tier, you get a reward like a meet and greet with the team or a ticket to watch a practice. Our NIL head is sleeping on the job. It's a nuclear arms race and they are giving Hubert a bronze dagger to fight with.

Reactions: Panthers2550
So you can't show me any evidence the NIL collective has a strong fundraising presence, and resort to insults because you can't stand to admit I'm right?
What other evidence do you want? Guys who do this for a living say it’s not money but yet you say it is. Who in the crap are people going to believe? And that’s a rhetorical question because we all know the answer.

You pull this negativity routine all the time and clearly enjoy the attention. It's tired AF and only you enjoy it.
I was positive supporting Cadeau, Davis, Trimble, Ryan, Ingram, and Bacot all season long. Even when people were blasting Ryan during a shooting slump, I was talking about how great his defense was.

You're making excuses. I'm making very real and legitimate points about the state of our NIL. You're resorting to personal attacks. I'm giving you every opportunity to show evidence that our NIL collective is doing a good job and has a large online fundraising presence. You are unable to do so, so you again resort to personal attacks.

The Lubin kid who was at Vandy after leaving Notre Dame seems to be gaining some traction.
I fully expect him to be our starting center. He's short for a center. But he does the things that Hubert was looking for in a center this offseason. He's a low post scorer, he's a physical presence, and he's a solid shot blocker. Most of all he's far enough down the portal rankings that our NIL should be able to afford him.

And before someone jumps in to say "he's a PF" just remember what it takes to be a successful stretch 4 in Hubert's system. You've got to be a 3pt weapon and you've got to be able to defend the perimeter.

You are unable to do so, so you again resort to personal attacks.

The mods be like:

giphy.gif

• Haha
I fully expect him to be our starting center. He's short for a center. But he does the things that Hubert was looking for in a center this offseason. He's a low post scorer, he's a physical presence, and he's a solid shot blocker. Most of all he's far enough down the portal rankings that our NIL should be able to afford him.

And before someone jumps in to say "he's a PF" just remember what it takes to be a successful stretch 4 in Hubert's system. You've got to be a 3pt weapon and you've got to be able to defend the perimeter.

Wasn't Thiero Huberts top choice for the 4? He isn't really a stretch 4. Right or wrong, I think Hubert is thinking he has his stretch forward with Washington. If you can't get a center who is physical, get a PF that is.

Wasn't Thiero Huberts top choice for the 4? He isn't really a stretch 4. Right or wrong, I think Hubert is thinking he has his stretch forward with Washington. If you can't get a center who is physical, get a PF that is.
Thiero was definitely going to be a gamble. There are a lot of coaches and analysts who think Calipari used him wrong and that he was primed for a breakout season in a new system. He's very athletic. He does everything you could want from a modern stretch 4 on the defensive side of the ball. I still remember the
UNC/UK game where Washington had the ball directly under the rim and started to score, only for a flatfooted Thiero to use his springs to reject Washington in a most disrespectful manner. The form on his corner 3s looks good, he just rarely shot them.

So it was going to be a gamble. We'll never know if Hubert was right in his assessment that Thiero could be a great fit as our starting 4. He chose to never even visit UNC, instead going back to play for the coach that everyone seems to believe misused him. But that Arkansas NIL is dominating recruiting right now. Hard to see anyone passing it up unless they suddenly run out of money.

Reactions: Sk1310
I really wish we could get a lob threat for Cadeau. He's such a special passer.
I said this before I think we will see more lob passes this year with EC…I truly believe he will improve so much on his 3 point shooting…When that happens his man will not be able to lay back in the lane….When that happens it’s not a guard in the country that can stay in front of him…I expect Withers to have a more than a few highlight dunks…

Reactions: thompsjj
For the record, athletes have been getting paid for years with thousands of dollars worth of free education. So those clamoring for NIL weren't saying athletes needed to be paid. They were saying athletes need to be paid more. I disagreed but it is what it is.
Some of us looked at it a little differently. I thought the schools should share some of the sports profits with the student athletes.

You know, like profit sharing for workers in a company.

That still isn't happening. Or is it?

I really wish we could get a lob threat for Cadeau. He's such a special passer.
I only started paying attention to this facet of his game late in the season, and I was surprised that he wasn't all that good at lobs. He had a couple of excellent ones, for sure, but also some pretty bad efforts. I expect that he could be really good at lobs, but from that small sample, it's something he needs to work on.

I only started paying attention to this facet of his game late in the season, and I was surprised that he wasn't all that good at lobs. He had a couple of excellent ones, for sure, but also some pretty bad efforts. I expect that he could be really good at lobs, but from that small sample, it's something he needs to work on.
It's a lot easier when you have an athletic long armed forward to throw lobs to like John Henson. Ingram and Bacot were both below the rim guys. The one lob I remember that was successful was to Withers on a fast break.

Yeah that type of thing is what I wanted all along. I wanted schools to have to share the revenues generated with the athletes who helped generate it! I wanted something like a trust fund set up that a % of all gear sales, ads, TV fees, tourney revenue, etc would go in the players' names. Then they could access it when they leave to graduate or go Pro. If they transferred, it rolls over to the new location. I would also have then get 1 free undergrad transfer + 1 free Grad Transfer if applicable.

I don't like the confusing and apparently unregulated system we have, but it is a step in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT