ADVERTISEMENT

A Fedora disciple...

I agree with you strumming ram. I'm thankful we are a power in basketball by far. It's odd for me. Personally I am more of a college football fan by far than a college basketball fan. Especially these day's. I thoroughly enjoy Saturday and watching college game day and looking at national games. As big a fan I am of the sport of football, Tar Heel basketball is my bread and butter. I live and die in March.

But thankfully and conveniently I have rooting interest in teams other than the Heels in football. I also root for Oklahoma, Oregon, Florida State, and even EU when they aren't playing the Heels.

I agree with you strumming ram. I'm thankful we are a power in basketball by far. It's odd for me. Personally I am more of a college football fan by far than a college basketball fan. Especially these day's. I thoroughly enjoy Saturday and watching college game day and looking at national games. As big a fan I am of the sport of football, Tar Heel basketball is my bread and butter. I live and die in March.

But thankfully and conveniently I have rooting interest in teams other than the Heels in football. I also root for Oklahoma, Oregon, Florida State, and even EU when they aren't playing the Heels.
UNC can be a force in the ACC.

A friend of mine asked me the other day, when we were watching Georgia Tech play a game: "Would you be Georgia Tech? As a UNC fan, if you could switch programs and have Paul Johnson's scheme?" I said "Hell yeah! It's primitive, and even predictable... but they are fun to watch and they can win and give fits to even the most elite teams." They're never going to be National Champions, but they will be competitive and GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO!

UNC can be a force in the ACC.

A friend of mine asked me the other day, when we were watching Georgia Tech play a game: "Would you be Georgia Tech? As a UNC fan, if you could switch programs and have Paul Johnson's scheme?" I said "Hell yeah! It's primitive, and even predictable... but they are fun to watch and they can win and give fits to even the most elite teams." They're never going to be National Champions, but they will be competitive and GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO!
I'm pretty sure you're the first person in history that said GT is fun to watch.

You know the worst part about it to me is the suspension of the players and so many of them. Combine that with Austin, Little etc with improper benefits, agents, Butch Davis, sham classes etc and frankly all the cheating and scandal news coming from the program. And we have absolutely nothing to show for it. Nada, zilch, ZERO in the big scheme of things
If you are gonna cheat and gave so many scandals at least it should translate to more actual wins on the field. We even do a poor job of breaking the rules. Thus is the sad state of Carolina football.

You know the worst part about it to me is the suspension of the players and so many of them. Combine that with Austin, Little etc with improper benefits, agents, Butch Davis, sham classes etc and frankly all the cheating and scandal news coming from the program. And we have absolutely nothing to show for it. Nada, zilch, ZERO in the big scheme of things
If you are gonna cheat and gave so many scandals at least it should translate to more actual wins on the field. We even do a poor job of breaking the rules. Thus is the sad state of Carolina football.
Dude, just stop.

It can, and it will under the right head coach. Fedora is not that HC.
coaching is a high-paid profession that attracts some very smart people. i've seen enough to say that larry fedora is not in that category, and i'm tired of seeing my tar heels out-coached week after week by guys who are. larry is a good person, energetic, but he's just not that bright.

Not trolling. Serious. You guys made a determined stand and the NCAA went running like the mutts they are. We bent over and took it with nary a peep of protest. UNC showed everybody how to deal with the NCAA.

Actually we messed it from the beginning and tried to play nice, and all that bought us was more BS and misery from those gutless weasels. After far too long UNC finally said fish or cut bait, we know you have nothing and will fight it in court. Then only, with a full understanding that they would be demolished in court - did the NCAA do what they should have done several years earlier, admit they were outside their jurisdiction and drop the matter.

I’ll just leave this stat here for digestion.

“In the last 12 games, UNC has committed 101 penalties for 961 yards. In those games, UNC's opponents have committed 58 penalties for 544 yards.”

I’ll just leave this stat here for digestion.

“In the last 12 games, UNC has committed 101 penalties for 961 yards. In those games, UNC's opponents have committed 58 penalties for 544 yards.”
That screams one thing: no team discipline.

And that is all on the coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT