ADVERTISEMENT

Afgan withdraw

i hear this media conspiracy a lot. But here’s the thing. Fox News wouldn’t be included in this and Fox News has more viewers than the next three Admittedly left leaning outlets COMBINED. So I’m not buying this claim that the media conjured up an image that cost trump the election. Fox News was more than adequate as a counter balance.

That's not how that works. Everyone watching Fox was already voting for Trump (theoretically). The other media outlets - the ones you name and many more - are speaking to the left and/or moderates or more appropriately stated, the moderate left. Those are the ones that were fed a huge serving of "Trump sucks". Fox can't do anything about the manufactured hate on those stations, which I truly believe was significantly influential in the election and why many - including myself - will refer to the 2020 election as bogus. The media should not play that kind of role. And if you want to close up Fox along with those others, I'm in favor of that too.

That's not how that works. Everyone watching Fox was already voting for Trump (theoretically). The other media outlets - the ones you name and many more - are speaking to the left and/or moderates or more appropriately stated, the moderate left. Those are the ones that were fed a huge serving of "Trump sucks". Fox can't do anything about the manufactured hate on those stations, which I truly believe was significantly influential in the election and why many - including myself - will refer to the 2020 election as bogus. The media should not play that kind of role. And if you want to close up Fox along with those others, I'm in favor of that too.
Actually, a significant amount, if not a majority, of independents/moderates watch Fox. I think most people actually tune in to a couple different networks. Not the hardcore sides, but I think the people who actually watch the news part probably tune into more than one station.

this.

Plus - comparing Fox News (and throw in a few smaller media sites, papers, etc...) to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and nearly every major paper in the US (NYT, WaPo, USA Today, etc) all left leaning to hard left....all more left leaning than Fox is right leaning at least in their straight news reporting, isn't really an equal comparison. It is likely at least 10 to 1, maybe 20 to 1, in terms of reach.

But then there are colleges and what almost all left leaning profs push endlessly on voting age kids. You are worse than a child molester or terrorist if you vote for DJT.

But wait there's more! I think fewer and fewer people watch broadcast or network TV, especially those under age 40. But where things were drastically slanted in favor of Biden over DJT for these people was in social media - FB, Google, YouTube, Twitter. The way they filtered and slanted their coverage, and what they would and would not allow people to see - these social media companies and their leaders, is what got Biden elected. Some have actually come out and admitted it. It was their noble action to save US and the world from the armegedon of Evil Orange Man

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Actually, a significant amount, if not a majority, of independents/moderates watch Fox. I think most people actually tune in to a couple different networks. Not the hardcore sides, but I think the people who actually watch the news part probably tune into more than one station.
I cannot understand WHY. I have never understood the appeal, on any level, of "News Channels." I can say this from personal experience; I never watch them, and when I am forced to- like, when I visit my mom and stepdad, who watches it constantly- I can firmly attest that the bullshit and bias is blatantly obvious. It's a constant stream of propaganda, fear and paranoia. That is all my stepfather watches. It's like some rite-of-passage, I guess. After age 70 (or 60, or 40), for some people. They watch it incessantly.

Reactions: gteeitup
this.

Plus - comparing Fox News (and throw in a few smaller media sites, papers, etc...) to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and nearly every major paper in the US (NYT, WaPo, USA Today, etc) all left leaning to hard left....all more left leaning than Fox is right leaning at least in their straight news reporting, isn't really an equal comparison. It is likely at least 10 to 1, maybe 20 to 1, in terms of reach.

But then there are colleges and what almost all left leaning profs push endlessly on voting age kids. You are worse than a child molester or terrorist if you vote for DJT.

But wait there's more! I think fewer and fewer people watch broadcast or network TV, especially those under age 40. But where things were drastically slanted in favor of Biden over DJT for these people was in social media - FB, Google, YouTube, Twitter. The way they filtered and slanted their coverage, and what they would and would not allow people to see - these social media companies and their leaders, is what got Biden elected. Some have actually come out and admitted it. It was their noble action to save US and the world from the armegedon of Evil Orange Man
I'm sorry you think the "news" sources managed to CREATE Donald Trump's image as a full-blown asshole. But, that asshole was an asshole from childhood. He was a shitheel long before he ever decided to aggrandize his brand by pretending to want to be president. It doesn't really take much effort to realize who and what he truly is, objectively. I can understand how his patented bullshit appeals to a lot of people, but the news media didn't create that. He LOVES it when the news media talks about him. Good, bad, doesn't matter. He is the epitome of a sociopath.

@gunslingerdick said

“That's not how that works. Everyone watching Fox was already voting for Trump (theoretically). The other media outlets - the ones you name and many more - are speaking to the left and/or moderates or more appropriately stated, the moderate left. Those are the ones that were fed a huge serving of "Trump sucks". Fox can't do anything about the manufactured hate on those stations, which I truly believe was significantly influential in the election and why many - including myself - will refer to the 2020 election as bogus. The media should not play that kind of role. And if you want to close up Fox along with those others, I'm in favor of that too”.

Whatever amount of manufactured hate provided by the left learners was more than offset by pro trump propaganda by the right. As for the independents I’m thinking they didn’t become independent by sitting in front of one or the other outlets exclusively. But I agree the media should not play a role either way.

Whatever amount of manufactured hate provided by the left learners was more than offset by pro trump propaganda by the right. As for the independents I’m thinking they didn’t become independent by sitting in front of one or the other outlets exclusively. But I agree the media should not play a role either way.
I'm pretty sure the first paragraph is plagerized.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
I cannot understand WHY. I have never understood the appeal, on any level, of "News Channels." I can say this from personal experience; I never watch them, and when I am forced to- like, when I visit my mom and stepdad, who watches it constantly- I can firmly attest that the bullshit and bias is blatantly obvious. It's a constant stream of propaganda, fear and paranoia. That is all my stepfather watches. It's like some rite-of-passage, I guess. After age 70 (or 60, or 40), for some people. They watch it incessantly.
Well, you just have to ignore the commentary and watch the actual news. I find it funny when people say that all the reporting on a news channel is bias by pointing to the prime time shows or morning shows. That's not the actual news part of the channel. I haven't watched cable news in a long time (other than for big events like elections), but I think Hannity and Cuomo aren't on in the middle of the day when the actual news part is aired.

I'm sorry you think the "news" sources managed to CREATE Donald Trump's image as a full-blown asshole. But, that asshole was an asshole from childhood. He was a shitheel long before he ever decided to aggrandize his brand by pretending to want to be president. It doesn't really take much effort to realize who and what he truly is, objectively. I can understand how his patented bullshit appeals to a lot of people, but the news media didn't create that. He LOVES it when the news media talks about him. Good, bad, doesn't matter. He is the epitome of a sociopath.

You should start these poasts with "IMO" so that it's apparent that the drivel you are spewing is just one small man's opinion rather than the way you want to portray it as universal. Consider this free advice.

Well, you just have to ignore the commentary and watch the actual news. I find it funny when people say that all the reporting on a news channel is bias by pointing to the prime time shows or morning shows. That's not the actual news part of the channel. I haven't watched cable news in a long time (other than for big events like elections), but I think Hannity and Cuomo aren't on in the middle of the day when the actual news part is aired.
My stepdad watches MSNBC and CNN. The TV stays on one or the other. I just don't get it. I get bits-and-pieces online... as far as "the news." But, all I need to know is the weather.

@gunslingerdick said

“That's not how that works. Everyone watching Fox was already voting for Trump (theoretically). The other media outlets - the ones you name and many more - are speaking to the left and/or moderates or more appropriately stated, the moderate left. Those are the ones that were fed a huge serving of "Trump sucks". Fox can't do anything about the manufactured hate on those stations, which I truly believe was significantly influential in the election and why many - including myself - will refer to the 2020 election as bogus. The media should not play that kind of role. And if you want to close up Fox along with those others, I'm in favor of that too”.

I'll throw the legal paperwork away now.

• Haha
Show me a link that says that please.
This is a little old, but I doubt viewing habits have changed much.

"Independents, who according to the data consume the three cable news networks at a lower rate than Republicans or Democrats and are often a decisive voting bloc, are slightly more likely to consume Fox News. It’s the most-watched cable channel among independents in 306 districts by a 2-point margin, while independents in 56 districts watch CNN the most. MSNBC was not the most-watched cable news outlet among independents in any district."

https://morningconsult.com/2019/12/...year-the-countrys-eyeballs-down-to-districts/

maybe you should consider not assuming that everybody watches something. Those who don't watch Fox, myself included, are constantly exposed to liberal bias coming from somewhere.

and there you go being the dimwit you can't help being. The media didn't create an image of him being an asshole, and no one but you Anti-Trump tards dwell on this. Those of us who supported him couldn't have cared less about his abrasive personality except when it was properly dished out to the well-deserving. The media created an image of him being bad for the country over conjured-up concerns of collusion with Russia and racism and various improprieties and more bullshit things than come to mind at present.

I don't care if Donald Trump is President again. But I can only hope against hope that whoever is the next President serves to do for the country what he set out to do. The REAL assholes are the pieces of excrement who bucked him at every turn regardless of the detrimental effect that had on our country.

so do people become dem/repub voters cause of the news they watch or do people choose the news they watch cause they vote dem/repub?

I think you know that's bullshit. Fox news can't counter bogus investigation after bogus investigation and fraudulent impeachment after fraudulent impeachment, and that's just for starters. Next, try acknowledging that the 'next three' outlets are just the top of the yellow journalistic heap.

But that aside, then the question remains who DID convince all those sheep to vote for a man who mostly hid in the basement during the campaign? It couldn't have been him.
Does tv have influence or not?

"Fox News had four of the top five most-watched shows in cable news, with Tucker Carlson Tonight in first place among total viewers, followed by Hannity (2.653 million viewers), The Five (2.632 million viewers), MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show (2.504 million viewers) and FNC’s The Ingraham Angle (2.071 million viewers)."

Also Trump was his own media horn. He'd be pres today simply by staying off Twitter.

The point remains that the media concocted lies and covered Trump unfairly in an effort to remove him from office. And I’m of the opinion that many on the left made behind-closed-doors deals with media companies for that very reason. That’s cheating. That’s what many of us are referring to when talking about a rigged election (along with the fear tactics the Dems and media pushed so that COVID could be used to change election processes).

Back on point, kinda, I saw something pretty crazy about the Afghan military. Majority of officers couldn't read, many couldn't count. The officers didn't know what it meant when you said I need 25 guys to patrol this area. US instructors had to point to a contained area or draw an area in the dirt saying "enough men to fill this area".

The point remains that the media concocted lies and covered Trump unfairly in an effort to remove him from office. And I’m of the opinion that many on the left made behind-closed-doors deals with media companies for that very reason. That’s cheating. That’s what many of us are referring to when talking about a rigged election (along with the fear tactics the Dems and media pushed so that COVID could be used to change election processes).
So it wasn't the dominion machines that did the rigging part?

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
We should just order vaccine mandates for the Taliban and when they don't comply, we can arrest them.
Same for would-be rapists in texas. Here's Gov Abbot's quote from the other day:
E-tX7KKXsAAVR9Q

So it wasn't the dominion machines that did the rigging part?

Probably that too. There's certainly some smoke there. But I don't need to chase that down. The other ways in which the Dems cheated are apparent enough.

Same for would-be rapists in texas. Here's Gov Abbot's quote from the other day:
E-tX7KKXsAAVR9Q

Thanks for the quote that doesn't have to do with COVID or Afghanistan. Not sure what point you're attempting to make with that comment.

Does tv have influence or not?

"Fox News had four of the top five most-watched shows in cable news, with Tucker Carlson Tonight in first place among total viewers, followed by Hannity (2.653 million viewers), The Five (2.632 million viewers), MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show (2.504 million viewers) and FNC’s The Ingraham Angle (2.071 million viewers)."

Also Trump was his own media horn. He'd be pres today simply by staying off Twitter.
TV and media in general having influence is what we're talking about. You're not acknowledging that Fox news is an 'all conservative eggs in one basket' sort of thing, whereas there are a gaggle of various liberal 'opinion posing as news' outlets. If you want to dissect it further, Hannity's viewers/listeners, e.g., tune in to hear what amounts to a dog barking. Tucker Carlson fans love to see that look of incredulity. I love it too, but I don't watch any of that crap. The point though is that Fox viewers are pretty much already about as influenced as influenced can be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
Not Afghanistan news but this clearly speaks to the topic of the media bias. This is just another day in the liberal media.

Can you imagine if this same thing had happened to Obama? There’s one set of rules for Dems and one for everyone else.

Reactions: Heelicious
Reactions: Archer2
OMG

That article references NYTimes, weren't you just discarding them earlier? Fakenews?

Anyway, US drone strikes have killed an estimated 300-900 civilians in Afghanistan.

Bad Intel happens

Well, I guess it's easier to kill them instead of evacuating them.
and they even manage to bungle that with a half-cocked one-at-a-time approach. Should have been an 'OK, all you who helped us go get in that hangar over there at the edge of the field and wait for further instructions...'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT