ADVERTISEMENT

Afgan withdraw

I saw some tweet recently (can't find it now) about how Hunter Biden got some stripper or hooker pregnant while he was dating his recently deceased brother's (Beau's) wife. Classy AF.

Zos8xTr.png

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
I was really hoping that America could produce something better than a rematch, but I'm going to have to accept the fact that America will always suck at producing good candidates. In a country this big, we should be able to find at least one person that is better than Hilary, Trump and Biden. You know, I don't think there is a requirement that the person has to be alive. How about we start a campaign for George Washington? That would be great. WASHINGTON 2024!

I was really hoping that America could produce something better than a rematch, but I'm going to have to accept the fact that America will always suck at producing good candidates. In a country this big, we should be able to find at least one person that is better than Hilary, Trump and Biden. You know, I don't think there is a requirement that the person has to be alive. How about we start a campaign for George Washington? That would be great. WASHINGTON 2024!
Did he vote Democrat the last election?

Honestly, I'm enjoying watching the Florida governor. Maybe he will run. Or be vp for ttump

I don't think Trump will run unless he is 100% sure he would win. If Biden keeps going as he is that might happen. I still think DeSantis, Noem, or Haley will be the next GOP candidate.

Reactions: Archer2
I don't think Trump will run unless he is 100% sure he would win. If Biden keeps going as he is that might happen. I still think DeSantis, Noem, or Haley will be the next GOP candidate.
I don't think he will. But you have to imagine he will be in the middle of the primaries somehow. His base is too big to ignore

Reactions: nctransplant
Did he vote Democrat the last election?

Honestly, I'm enjoying watching the Florida governor. Maybe he will run. Or be vp for ttump
I think Trump would be most likely to run with a minority or woman on the ticket. That would help him with groups he needs.

I don't think he will.

A couple months ago I would have 100% agreed with both of you. Now, I'm not so sure. Right now things seem to be going his way. Of course 2024 is a long time from now. I think the midterms will play a big roll. If a lot of Trump backed people win, then I think he throws his hat in the ring. That could be a mistake depending on where those people win. If those people win in Nebraska that's not a big deal, because he's going to win that state no matter what. It would need to be in states he didn't win last time. The question is will the people around him tell him that.

A couple months ago I would have 100% agreed with both of you. Now, I'm not so sure. Right now things seem to be going his way. Of course 2024 is a long time from now. I think the midterms will play a big roll. If a lot of Trump backed people win, then I think he throws his hat in the ring. That could be a mistake depending on where those people win. If those people win in Nebraska that's not a big deal, because he's going to win that state no matter what. It would need to be in states he didn't win last time. The question is will the people around him tell him that.
Biden may have blown the dems up with this thing. If they don't move him soon, it will be a cake walk

Biden may have blown the dems up with this thing. If they don't move him soon, it will be a cake walk
If the R's run anyone halfway decent it will be a cakewalk win especially if Biden doesn't make it till '24 and Harris is the head of the ticket.

I'm going to pretend he was not slighting the great Cornhusker state.
Nah, just saying that's a Trump state already. A trump candidate winning there doesn't give you any indication of how he would do in a general election. I could have picked a bunch of states, just figured I'd pick Nebraska because that's where you are.

I can't see myself voting for a set of wooden teeth. Ross Perot is available and has only been mouldering a couple of years now.

Reactions: Grayhead
If I had to bet today, I don't think Biden or Kamala will be top of D ticket in 2024. Biden is pretty much toast - it'd be hard for a well-functioning smooth politician and negotiator like Bill Clinton or Obama to recover from the depths of where Biden is... and Biden is basically an invalid at this point, and it will only get worse.

Kamala was polling at 2% nationally, 7% in her own state, and dropped out before or after the first state primary...and that was before people "got to know her". She is a runaway train wrecking into a nuclear waste dumpster fire... and all the D power brokers know it.

But the D bench is light, too. Maybe a guy like Butteigieg?

Of the three you listed for Rs... I think DeSantis has the best chance IF he decides to run. I've heard some rumblings about TX Gov Abbott too.

Haley doesn't have the backing of the MAGA / conservative / DJT base. Noem I track pretty closely, I like her OK, but she is sort of a lightweight, and has floundered when a tough issue comes up. Not at all ready for prime time.

DeSantis has performed really well I believe, if you turn off the media and look at accurate polling on what the residents of FL think of him. And he follows the policies that the DJT base enjoy, without all the too many to list baggage, intelligence, competence issues of DJT. He can appeal to the DJT crowd, and very much to indies and even moderate Dems - without him being a full throated Trumpster prominently 24/7. Keeps a good balance / distance and is his own man. I don't think DeSantis is saying or thinking "what would DJT do or say in this situation?" but instead does what he thinks is right, for his constituents.

I do think it will be between DeSantis and DJT - and it seems DJT could do really well to endorse DeSantis. I don't see DeSantis going wobbly or soft. And he is 5X more intelligent, qualified, higher-character than DJT.

Trump won’t run. He will endorse DeSantis and Tim Scott. And I will vote for them. I just hope the Libtards haven’t completely destroyed our country by then.

Reactions: bluetoe
If I had to bet today, I don't think Biden or Kamala will be top of D ticket in 2024. Biden is pretty much toast - it'd be hard for a well-functioning smooth politician and negotiator like Bill Clinton or Obama to recover from the depths of where Biden is... and Biden is basically an invalid at this point, and it will only get worse.

Kamala was polling at 2% nationally, 7% in her own state, and dropped out before or after the first state primary...and that was before people "got to know her". She is a runaway train wrecking into a nuclear waste dumpster fire... and all the D power brokers know it.

But the D bench is light, too. Maybe a guy like Butteigieg?

Of the three you listed for Rs... I think DeSantis has the best chance IF he decides to run. I've heard some rumblings about TX Gov Abbott too.

Haley doesn't have the backing of the MAGA / conservative / DJT base. Noem I track pretty closely, I like her OK, but she is sort of a lightweight, and has floundered when a tough issue comes up. Not at all ready for prime time.

DeSantis has performed really well I believe, if you turn off the media and look at accurate polling on what the residents of FL think of him. And he follows the policies that the DJT base enjoy, without all the too many to list baggage, intelligence, competence issues of DJT. He can appeal to the DJT crowd, and very much to indies and even moderate Dems - without him being a full throated Trumpster prominently 24/7. Keeps a good balance / distance and is his own man. I don't think DeSantis is saying or thinking "what would DJT do or say in this situation?" but instead does what he thinks is right, for his constituents.

I do think it will be between DeSantis and DJT - and it seems DJT could do really well to endorse DeSantis. I don't see DeSantis going wobbly or soft. And he is 5X more intelligent, qualified, higher-character than DJT.
What about someone a little more moderate like Chris Christie?

Assuming he doesn’t get caught up in the mat gaetz stuff I could see de Santis being president. He’s got a very marketable image. Not sure about his stances on certain issues so I can’t say if I would vote for him yet. He does at least seem to be a qualified candidate which we haven’t seen in last couple elections

Reactions: plm
Assuming he doesn’t get caught up in the mat gaetz stuff I could see de Santis being president. He’s got a very marketable image. Not sure about his stances on certain issues so I can’t say if I would vote for him yet. He does at least seem to be a qualified candidate which we haven’t seen in last couple elections

Now that looks like a poast from someone who calls themselves an "independent".

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Agreed.

Re: "Matt Gaetz stuff" - I haven't followed it too closely, and don't care enough to, but I thought I saw a headline about the charges / claims against Matt Gaetz (and maybe his dad? IDK) falling apart. That the person trying to entrap MG was using false accusations, and may even be in legal trouble for criminal attempt to falsely slander / incriminate MG.

ETA - I added a link to a short article on the guy (Alford) indicted of extortion of the Gaetz family, and the charges / investigation against Gaetz have all been dropped

Just saying.... I am not a fan of MG, but I think it merits clarification of what "the Matt Gaetz stuff" is - before MG or anyone who knows him, is loosely incriminated.

Gaetz extortionist indicted

Last edited:
Agreed.

Re: "Matt Gaetz stuff" - I haven't followed it too closely, and don't care enough to, but I thought I saw a headline about the charges / claims against Matt Gaetz (and maybe his dad? IDK) falling apart. That the person trying to entrap MG was using false accusations, and may even be in legal trouble for criminal attempt to falsely slander / incriminate MG.

ETA - I added a link to a short article on the guy (Alford) indicted of extortion of the Gaetz family, and the charges / investigation against Gaetz have all been dropped

Just saying.... I am not a fan of MG, but I think it merits clarification of what "the Matt Gaetz stuff" is - before MG or anyone who knows him, is loosely incriminated.

But according to some Facebook friends, he and DeSantis are guilty as hell.

Lol boy you really enjoy getting as much mileage out of me having lunatic Facebook friends as you can. But that’s fine. In this case though I simply conveyed a convo I had in person with the aunt of the guy at the center of this. And i didn’t say she said was “guilty as hell” either. I said She claimed he would be implicated in the investigation according to her nephew. That could mean a lot of different things.

Lol boy you really enjoy getting as much mileage out of me having lunatic Facebook friends as you can. But that’s fine. In this case though I simply conveyed a convo I had in person with the aunt of the guy at the center of this. And i didn’t say she said was “guilty as hell” either. I said She claimed he would be implicated in the investigation according to her nephew. That could mean a lot of different things.
I'll wait on the FB fact-checkers before I make my opinion.

LOL well, there you go then, case closed. Facebook geniuses. Social media "experts" are the worst. They reflexively hate Gaetz or DeSantis or anyone conservative, so anything bad claimed about him must be true. Fk any need for even one piece of evidence. Its all about emotion and how they feel about people like DeSantis. "I feel like his conservatism triggers me, so I feel like whatever crimes or character flaws we make up about him, feel like they must be true. Let's run with it! Libel and slander the sh-t out of him."

I saw some people resurrect more stuff just in the last week trying to take Justice Kavanaugh down. New evidence from that bitter deranged wack job Ford? or some other evidence? Nah - Kavanaugh just ruled a way on a Supreme Court case (the TX abortion law) they didn't like, so it's "REEEEEE! We have to find a way to make him guilty! A man this evil must be guilty of everything (every weak, slanderous pile of crap) thrown up against him"

These people are out of their minds. Not stable. Not mentally healthy.

Vote for them because you like them or because Trump told you to?
will that question be on the ballot? I wish questions like that were part of he voting process, because I'd really like to know what the hell so many people were thinking (or not thinking) when they filled in the little square for Biden. Sheep aren't always responding to a shepherd, mostly they just move along with the other sheep which is why they are referred to as herd animals. It's actually a sign of higher intelligence to respond to a leader you have learned to trust, compared to just doing what the other sheep are doing. Who is the trusted leader that led all those sheep to vote for Biden?

Here is where many wags will say it was Trump who unintentionally got Biden elected, and I say it was the dem/media cooperative that conjured up a negative image of Trump to vote against. Even sheep shouldn't have fallen for that.

will that question be on the ballot? I wish questions like that were part of he voting process, because I'd really like to know what the hell so many people were thinking (or not thinking) when they filled in the little square for Biden. Sheep aren't always responding to a shepherd, mostly they just move along with the other sheep which is why they are referred to as herd animals. It's actually a sign of higher intelligence to respond to a leader you have learned to trust, compared to just doing what the other sheep are doing. Who is the trusted leader that led all those sheep to vote for Biden?

Here is where many wags will say it was Trump who unintentionally got Biden elected, and I say it was the dem/media cooperative that conjured up a negative image of Trump to vote against. Even sheep shouldn't have fallen for that.
i hear this media conspiracy a lot. But here’s the thing. Fox News wouldn’t be included in this and Fox News has more viewers than the next three Admittedly left leaning outlets COMBINED. So I’m not buying this claim that the media conjured up an image that cost trump the election. Fox News was more than adequate as a counter balance.

Reactions: blazers
i hear this media conspiracy a lot. But here’s the thing. Fox News wouldn’t be included in this and Fox News has more viewers than the next three Admittedly left leaning outlets COMBINED. So I’m not buying this claim that the media conjured up an image that cost trump the election. Fox News was more than adequate as a counter balance.
I think you know that's bullshit. Fox news can't counter bogus investigation after bogus investigation and fraudulent impeachment after fraudulent impeachment, and that's just for starters. Next, try acknowledging that the 'next three' outlets are just the top of the yellow journalistic heap.

But that aside, then the question remains who DID convince all those sheep to vote for a man who mostly hid in the basement during the campaign? It couldn't have been him.

Agreed.

it amazes me that any but the dullest of the dull continue to give credence to the latest round of crap-slinging. What does it take to learn the lesson that what comes out now is probably the rank smell of a fresh media turd that will dry up and crumble into dust with time. The media, and some affected parties, want to make a splash; the truth of the matter is an afterthought.

No matter how many times we are taken in by this appeal to our stupidity, we are more than willing to wallow in dirt than appreciate the truth wherever we might be fortunate enough to find it.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT