ADVERTISEMENT

Afgan withdraw

Biden knew.
The world knew Taliban would probably take control in weeks, months or half a yr. But your link indicates neither Ghani or Biden knew it would fall in just 11 days:

"The American leader’s words indicated he didn’t anticipate the massive insurrection and collapse to come 23 days later. "

The world knew Taliban would probably take control in weeks, months or half a yr. But your link indicates neither Ghani or Biden knew it would fall in just 11 days:

"The American leader’s words indicated he didn’t anticipate the massive insurrection and collapse to come 23 days later. "
Sleepy Joe wanted to 'change the perception", that means lie to the public. How does it feel to be Joe's fluffer?

You keep arguing this point as if that's some excuse. It actually makes it worse. Why didn't we know? That's a failure in and of itself.

Reactions: Archer2
You keep arguing this point as if that's some excuse. It actually makes it worse. Why didn't we know? That's a failure in and of itself.
It is absolutely a failure that after 20 yrs on the ground, a trillion bucks and 2,400 American lives, our intel wasn't better. Time the GTGO and stay out of Afghanistan.

And bad Intel is part of the excuse for why the evacuation was extra messy.
Sleepy Joe wanted to 'change the perception", that means lie to the public. How does it feel to be Joe's fluffer?
Politics is all about perception, regardless of party. Sorry to break this news to you. This doesn't change the fact that Biden nor Ghani nor much of our military/Intel knew how quickly Afghans would fall over.

It is absolutely a failure that after 20 yrs on the ground, a trillion bucks and 2,400 American lives, our intel wasn't better. Time the GTGO and stay out of Afghanistan.

Politics is all about perception, regardless of party. Sorry to break this news to you. This doesn't change the fact that Biden nor Ghani nor much of our military/Intel knew how quickly Afghans would fall over.

If Biden didn't know how quickly it would fall apart, IT IS A FAILURE ON BIDEN AND BIDEN ALONE.

Please take your mouth off the dick and man up and admit that Biden and his admin have shown through the Afghanistan debacle to be incompetent morons, like many of us knew would be the case.

are you just insane? The link CLEARLY indicates that Biden knew things were caving faster than desired for his political purposes, which is why he was bribing Ghani to put a happier face on it. He obviously wanted to be able to pin this abortion on Ghani, being able to say he was relying on Ghani's say-so. Saying Biden didn't know it was going to be 11 days is such third-grade bullshit. NOBODY knew if it would be 11 or 13 or 33 or 365. But the link clearly indicates that Biden knew it could and apparently would be sooner rather than later, and that's what the argument is.

"In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan."

that is, not actually have a plan, or show any action, just 'project' that there was a plan.

"In much of the call, Biden focused on what he called the Afghan government’s “perception” problem. “I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said. “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.” "

to paraphrase Hillary Clinton, 'He (Biden) better be glad bluetoe isn't in charge of the law in this country'. Because I honestly believe Biden has acted criminally in this matter.

A ton of Intel / Military thought the Afghans would hold up longer than they did. You can't "fire" half the CIA and half the military.

I'd fire the person who thought leaving Bagram airfield was wise, but were they relying on "solid" Intel that was just bad?
Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
" The Flag Officers said that Milley and Austin should have strongly pushed back on Biden’s plans..."

this can't be right. We've been told, on the utmost authority, that it wasn't Biden's plan; it was the military and bad intelligence that's responsible for this.
Well, maybe for those in the know!!!

Reactions: bluetoe
"I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban," Biden said. "And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture."

From the transcript of the phone call between Sleepy Joe and the Afgan President in July.

"I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban," Biden said. "And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture."

From the transcript of the phone call between Sleepy Joe and the Afgan President in July.

Any President would have said that.

that's the point, it was politics and not an attempt to withdraw reasonably and effectively. Sorry to lay some common sense and reality on you. And there you go again with your tired-ass deflecting mantra of nobody-knew-how-quickly. I don't know how fast the approaching train is speeding toward me, but I heard the whistle and I'm not going to roll the dice and assume it's going slow enough for me to sneak around the crossing gate arms. Because I'm not Biden.

I don't know how fast the approaching train is speeding toward me, but I heard the whistle and I'm not going to roll the dice and assume it's going slow enough for me to sneak around the crossing gate arms. Because I'm not Biden.
Hindsight is 20/20. If 2,400 Americans had already died on your side of the tracks, and you'd spent a few trillion dollars, and the train experts tell you the train is a few hours away, rather than minutes...

Kellogg noted that President Biden said this week that it was “the unanimous recommendation of the Joint Chiefs and of all of our commanders on the ground to end our airlift mission as planned.”

“If it was unanimous, that means all of them are accountable for the action,” Kellogg said. “If they all thought it was a good idea and it’s a bad idea, then maybe they should all leave.”
---

Wait, I thought Biden was the guy making every single step of the plan. The commanders on the ground actually do stuff and make recommendations and advice? I wonder who they are advising since Biden is the expert on every military detail in every brigade, every special ops unit, the CIA ops, air support etc, etc.

Good to see you are still getting your world updates from facebook & ben shapiro.

Hindsight is 20/20. If 2,400 Americans had already died on your side of the tracks, and you'd spent a few trillion dollars, and the train experts tell you the train is a few hours away, rather than minutes...
except the train experts did nothing of the kind. The train experts heard the whistle and said it could be two minutes or it could be two seconds. Even if I know it might be only two seconds, I'm not going for it with blinders on, hoping for the best. Your numbnutted approach to avoiding the gist of the situation is beyond obnoxious. We aren't talikng about a decision to withdraw or not withdraw, as you very well know. We are talking about the manner/timing of the withdrawal. How many dead and how many trillions of dollars previous to a withdrawal is not part of that discussion.

Don't you get tired of being such a disingenuous jackass?

At some point you're going to realize that those numbers actually hurt your argument. Well, judging by your past, you won't ever recognize how bad your arguments are.

His link ends in utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

So you can shove your links up your vag.

Of course there’s blame to go around. But the ultimate responsibility lies with Biden, Austin, and Milley. If this happened on Trump’s watch, you wouldn’t even be debating this. You’d put the blame squarely on Trump. The best word to describe Libs is hypocritical.

Reactions: bluetoe
It's universally accepted that Biden's cock-up here is going to cost women in Afghanistan their freedoms and respect. I'm surprised this thread is still going. Who's arguing that Biden's poor decision making isn't going to get more women murdered and beaten? I can't imagine anyone thinking it was OK for Biden to order the beatings and killings of women trying to get an education.

Biden tells people in Louisiana "They won't be left behind." I'm sure they all feel much better now.
I saw some tweet recently (can't find it now) about how Hunter Biden got some stripper or hooker pregnant while he was dating his recently deceased brother's (Beau's) wife. Classy AF.

The question was posed in the tweet - "who in the family has the worst 'pull out game' - Hunter or Joe?" Funny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT