ADVERTISEMENT

Bailed out.....Again!!!

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
For about the 200th time in the last 15 years...the dookies get a bs foul call in the last second to edge Clemson by 1..they commit a foul on the long inbounds with no foul called. Watched this kind of crap for way too many years...man do I wanna kick their sorry asses next Saturday.

Btw afterthe gift fts to win and the no call Girard and Brownell looked ready to rumble anD had to be restrained. Just another day at HIS

It was pretty pathetic. It wasn't just the last few seconds, every time a Duke player on offense drove or backed down they got a foul called on Clemson that was non-existent. I would think the league will need to review this game and the refs in particular.

That was one awful call. The refs almost bailed them out against Pitt. I give Scheyer one more season until that become mediocre.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
No call also on the last play either when clemson tried the throw the full court pass and hall was tackled by Mitchell I believe

They also called a horrible tech on a clemson player in the first half. Refs definately influenced this game.

The foul where proctor was shooting was so late they almost had a tv timeout that’s the problem there and it was so obvious. Then the last play and a no call. Seems the pipeline of money to the refs is still in effect even without rat face there.

Had guest over at the house and had the game on at the time. Couldn’t hear what announcers were saying but was wondering why the hell dook was at ft. line. That’s some serious BS right there and very typical of the BS that dook gets by with… SMDH!

I tried my hardest to not look at that dook game and the way it was being called through my obviously biased light blue glasses. I still came away thinking Clemson got screwed.

Is there any correlation between the national consensus of where the ACC fits and the level of officiating? Meaning are the good refs being used in other conferences and we are left with scraps? This was not the first ACC game where we have all noticed horrible officiating. I watch a lot of college basketball and rarely seem to notice the refs influencing the game outside of the ACC. That very well may be because I'm invested in the ACC more and I'm paying more attention. It really is baffling how poor our officiating is and that the league does nothing about it.

I tried my hardest to not look at that dook game and the way it was being called through my obviously biased light blue glasses. I still came away thinking Clemson got screwed.

Is there any correlation between the national consensus of where the ACC fits and the level of officiating? Meaning are the good refs being used in other conferences and we are left with scraps? This was not the first ACC game where we have all noticed horrible officiating. I watch a lot of college basketball and rarely seem to notice the refs influencing the game outside of the ACC. That very well may be because I'm invested in the ACC more and I'm paying more attention. It really is baffling how poor our officiating is and that the league does nothing about it.

I check box scores frequently to see who is officiating - I will say 2/3 of the refs I didn’t recognize names. Bert Smith I know who he is - the other 2 I don’t know.

What would the best possible outcome for Clemson be if they did? I know nothing of that process?
Have no idea. I know in the NBA they have something like a last 2 min review (not sure of it exactly) that ends up on the refs resume and at least gives the players and coaches the peace of mind that justifies their outrage.

Everyone, except that dookie head coach...who btw was really defensive about the bs call at the end, as well as the indoctrinated dolts that make up the dook fan base...Everyone from Brownell on down knows that Clemson was screwed...but that is the script the last 5 minutes of a dook game at HIS.

Everyone, except that dookie head coach...who btw was really defensive about the bs call at the end, as well as the indoctrinated dolts that make up the dook fan base...Everyone from Brownell on down knows that Clemson was screwed...but that is the script the last 5 minutes of a dook game at HIS.
Yep - 'Coach S' - thou doth protest too much. Vague reference to stuff happening at some random time during the game completely ignoring the fact that the gifts your team received at the end DECIDED the game. He had no specifics to mention whatsoever. No surprise here - feel bad for Clemson. Does make our game v Duke a top 10 matchup at least.

I hate dook as much as anyone but if RJ makes that drive in same situation at the Smith Center I am expecting that call to be made even though I do not think it was a foul on the defender. After the last TV timeout Scheflein (the guy who looked all conference against us) committed a foul and had 4 turnovers. Brownell was justified in his outrage but his team also shot themselves in the foot.

I cannot stand it when the game is decided by a whistle. Proctor made a smart play and created enough contact to force the issue. I was more pissed at the missed travel and how late the call was made than the actual call.

If RJ made that drive it would have been a foul! Because Evil is always foul + Tar Heels are 100% Good!

Clemson is more of a chaotic neutral so the call is 50/50!
(Nerd reference some will get!)

I hate dook as much as anyone but if RJ makes that drive in same situation at the Smith Center I am expecting that call to be made even though I do not think it was a foul on the defender. After the last TV timeout Scheflein (the guy who looked all conference against us) committed a foul and had 4 turnovers. Brownell was justified in his outrage but his team also shot themselves in the foot.

I cannot stand it when the game is decided by a whistle. Proctor made a smart play and created enough contact to force the issue. I was more pissed at the missed travel and how late the call was made than the actual call.
I actually called the travel, before the foul call. I thought it was pretty obvious, but I guess not

This Duke team is missing that dagger player (i.e. Tatum, Lyin Zion) and will not advance far in the Dance. As the cliche goes" If it is to be, it's up to me". Let's first take care of GT tomorrow night, then put up a 15+ victory on Duke on Saturday.

This Duke team is missing that dagger player (i.e. Tatum, Lyin Zion) and will not advance far in the Dance. As the cliche goes" If it is to be, it's up to me". Let's first take care of GT tomorrow night, then put up a 15+ victory on Duke on Saturday.
I agree with the dook comment, but i would add "so far". It was about this time last year when proctor started playing at another level and they have Roach who has been the best guard on the court in some games against UNC.

I have seen a couple of their games and to be honest when healthy they still scare me. Filipowski has played himself out of lottery money but he is still a match-up problem, and the idea of him staying with Flagg coming in as a true post presence makes me throw up a bit.

If the Heels get by GT they are looking at a very hungry dook team coming in with no pressure on them. I really prefer to play the first of these games with them in Durham.

I have seen enough of these rivalry games to know that you can throw out the records because anything can (and has) happen

Duke does not have a rim protector nor the wide shoulders big man that carves space. They do have some shooters that can make harder looks and as well all know, when UNC plays duke throw out what either team has done so far in the season because UNC vs duke is just going to be a war.

Duke does not have a rim protector nor the wide shoulders big man that carves space. They do have some shooters that can make harder looks and as well all know, when UNC plays duke throw out what either team has done so far in the season because UNC vs duke is just going to be a war.
Can't agree with you more. Still can't get over the Austin Rivers buzzer beater in the Dean Dome. :cool:

Can't agree with you more. Still can't get over the Austin Rivers buzzer beater in the Dean Dome. :cool:
Ick - will never get over that. But we clearly had the better squad that year and proved it a few weeks later. This year, who knows - they are brimming with NBA talent, but we have gotten it done a little more often on the court. Should be interesting. I will be there with my telescope in upper level row X.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT