ADVERTISEMENT

Call your Dad

nctransplant

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2015
Nebraska
If any of you are lucky enough to still have your Dad living, call him or go see him. Cancer took mine two years ago today. Even though I moved 1500 miles away in 2009 I called him everyday. Wish I still could.

Originally posted by nctransplant:

If any of you are lucky enough to still have your Dad living, call him or go see him. Cancer took mine two years ago today. Even though I moved 1500 miles away in 2009 I called him everyday. Wish I still could.
I wish I could . . . nothing would make me happier. Lost my father shortly after he turned 53.

RIP Dad

I love you.

Originally posted by JuleZ '02 HEEL:

I hear that! Been four years since I lost my mom, tomorrow's her birthday. It tears me up that she never got to meet my daughter, and vice versa.
Much the same for me, J-Man . . . my dad never met his grandson or granddaughter.

Sorry about your loss, transplant.

I am glad to see you had a good relationship with your dad. I hope my daughter feels the same way as she gets older. I call her almost every day and try to see her as much as possible when I am in NC.

As for my dad, F him. He made his choice for a new family when I was a kid and rarely , if ever, called or wrote. He would come to our home town and not even let me know he was coming. I would then hear about it after the fact through other relatives who thought he had told me he was coming. Imagine how that feels to a kid.

He tried to make up for it later, but I couldn't care less if he drops from the face of the Earth. He's been dead to me for a long time.

st8 sorry to hear about your lack of relationship with your dad. My late father passed away 12/12/08 hard to believe it has been that long. He was a GREAT man and my greatest role model, with Coach Smith a close second.

I miss them both now and always will.

Lost my dad the same day I found out I was having a baby girl. Was a very crappy day to say the least. When the wife told me she was pregnant I just lost it. Every UNC, Dodgers, or Panthers game I watch I still feel like I am watching it with my old man.

Originally posted by ROYANDDEAN:

Lost my dad the same day I found out I was having a baby girl. Was a very crappy day to say the least. When the wife told me she was pregnant I just lost it. Every UNC, Dodgers, or Panthers game I watch I still feel like I am watching it with my old man.
I have a similar story. My granddaughter was born Dec. 1st. My dad died Dec. 11th. He knew his great granddaughter was coming, but never got the chance to meet her. I miss him every day.

Tough reading this thread. I had avoided it for a day or two. I'm really sorry for those that still hurt because of this. Real sorry for St8's situation too. My dad and I are very close. My folks live a mile or so away so I see them regularly. They're the primary reason I moved back home when I was living in SC. My wife and I knew we wanted a family and I knew I wanted my parents to be a huge part of their life.

My mom and dad are 77 years old. They are both very healthy for 77 year olds and they do a lot more than most 77 year olds. But when you get to that age, it can be any day. And I am scared to death of that day. But I'm very, very thankful for having them as long as I have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT