ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Reddish

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaTarHeel

Hall of Famer
Feb 21, 2017
"Coach K says I'm the leader. I can bring in another class like the 2015 group that won the championship".

This is what dook basketball has become in kay's last days.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
He says literally the same shit to every player. Listen to a Reddish interview, a Duval interview, and a Knox interview.

"Positionless player" "the leader of the team" "let me do my thing"

So if K were honest, his team would be 5 guys with no positions who are all captains and who have zero responsibility to play team basketball.

And they are confused as to why 1/3 of their guys transfer?

Nothing the LOM says would surprise me. Literally nothing. It had to gall him tremendously to watch UNC go to BTB title games and win the title this year.

Those on the outside have no idea how low this program is reaching to stay relevant.
No idea whatsoever.

Reactions: venom660turbo
Nothing the LOM says would surprise me. Literally nothing. It had to gall him tremendously to watch UNC go to BTB title games and win the title this year.

...while playing team basketball with each player in a defined role. Don't understand why recruits don't see that this is how you win.

Reactions: Archer2
Those on the outside have no idea how low this program is reaching to stay relevant.
No idea whatsoever.

Relax over there. They are VERY relevant. They won a title 25 months ago.

A disappointing 2 seasons doesn't mean Duke basketball is irrelevant. Can they win a title playing the way they have the last 2 years? Hell no. But it's kinda crazy to say any blue blood is struggling to say relevant.

He says literally the same shit to every player.
And they are confused as to why 1/3 of their guys transfer?

2018 will end in a similar fashion as 2016 and 2017, a overhyped regular season, and a early tourney exit.
And to make matters worse they will have to watch us make another title run.

"It was the best of times,......"

Relax over there. They are VERY relevant. They won a title 25 months ago.

If winning 26-28 regular season games(with 20 being at home), and losing the first weekend is the blue blood standard, I will be the biggest dook cheerleader until Jesus comes back.

Reactions: Heelicious
If winning 26-28 regular season games(with 20 being at home), and losing the first weekend is the blue blood standard, I will be the biggest dook cheerleader until Jesus comes back.

2012-13 and 2013-14...we won 25 and 24 games respectively and got bounced in the first weekend both years.

We would have screamed to holy hell if someone called us irrelevant because of that. Just try to be rational.

2012-13 and 2013-14...we won 25 and 24 games respectively and got bounced in the first weekend both years.

We would have screamed to holy hell if someone called us irrelevant because of that. Just try to be rational.

The 2013 team just lost Harrison Barnes, Tyler Zeller, Kendall Marshall, John Henson. Any idea what happened to that group?
The starting center was JMM. And that '13 team lost to #1 seed Kansas in a pretty good game.

2014 was much the same, with a freshman crew of Kennedy Meeks/Isaiah Hicks/Natt Britt added to the mix. It actually overachieved considering the best guard in America was ruled ineligible and never played a game. If he plays we are Elite 8 at worst.

I'm rational enough to know that no one was hyping those teams as a NC contenders.

Reactions: Heelicious
Cameron Reddish is Duke bound along with Tyus little brother for 2018. As much as I hate K-Rat, he will continue to get 2-3 OAD types for the rest of his career at Duke. I'm more concerned with Duke getting the 4-5 year type role players like Amile Olajawon Jabbar Jefferson and Quinn Cook's that stick around and don't rock the boat. Other than Tripper, they will not have that next season. Duke will have a good team next year and will compete for the ACC regular season title.

Roy has recruited OADs and just have not landed any of them. As fans, we would have been happy to get some of those OAD players over the past few years. Hindsight is 20-20, but having made to the title game the last two years very few of us are complaining on how things turned out. Bottom line, by default many of our fans are saying we are better off not having several OAD players each year. I'm in that boat now!

If you "can't" get OADs, then a devise another stategy. Roy has done that and it has worked out. Hope he can keep it up. Getting Brooks was big folks because he does have enough skills to start next season and wouldn't embarrass the team.

I would love for the Heels to land Knox, but it will not be the end of the world if we don't land him. Berry and Pinson will be one of the top backcourts in the country. I think the Heels can make it to Sweet 16 with this line-up:

Berry
Pinson
Felton
Maye
Brooks

Last edited:
The 2013 team just lost Harrison Barnes, Tyler Zeller, Kendall Marshall, John Henson. Any idea what happened to that group?
The starting center was JMM. And that '13 team lost to #1 seed Kansas in a pretty good game.

2014 was much the same, with a freshman crew of Kennedy Meeks/Isaiah Hicks/Natt Britt added to the mix. It actually overachieved considering the best guard in America was ruled ineligible and never played a game. If he plays we are Elite 8 at worst.

I'm rational enough to know that no one was hyping those teams as a NC contenders.

Dude...I remember the teams, didn't need a breakdown of the rosters.

What I'm saying is the results were identical to Duke's past two seasons and we weren't irrelevant then just as they aren't now.

Cameron Reddish is Duke bound along with Tyus little brother for 2018. As much as I hate K-Rat, he will continue to get 2-3 OAD types for the rest of his career at Duke.

Reddish and Jones aren't OAD's. These will actually be good recruits for him cuz they will stay 2-3 years.

Reddish and Jones aren't OAD's. These will actually be good recruits for him cuz they will stay 2-3 years.
Reddish is like the 5th rated player in the nation and I'm not making any definitive predictions , but he may very well think he's one and done material. What is driving your opinion that he is a 2-3 year player? Is the 2018 class considered weak?

Dude...I remember the teams, didn't need a breakdown of the rosters.

What I'm saying is the results were identical to Duke's past two seasons and we weren't irrelevant then just as they aren't now.

Dude your argument is weak.
Identical results, with far less pro level talent is a bad comparison.Not mention they were hyped to be the hands down NC this season.

Dude your argument is weak.
Identical results, with far less pro level talent is a bad comparison.Not mention they were hyped to be the hands down NC this season.

My argument is based on facts, yours is based on a biased opinion. Learn the difference.

Underachieving? Absolutely. Ugly to watch? Definitely. A mess? Yup.

Not relevant? No way. They are all every sports media outlet talks about when they bring up CBB.

And the fact that were hyped and #1 preseason means they ARE RELEVANT. Do you know what the word relevant means? I'm beginning to think you may not.

Reactions: tarheel0910
And I'm beginning you question your reading skills.
My original post said they are reaching "low to stay relevant".

Show us where that means they no longer are?

And I'm beginning you question your reading skills.
My original post said they are reaching "low to stay relevant".

Show us where that means they no longer are?

Semantics. You know the point you were trying to make and it's wrong.

Carry on, done with this idiotic argument.

Reactions: carolinablue34
Nice to see K-Rat maintaining the high academic standards at dook. Duval spends a year at API but no problems meeting the rigorous standards of puke U. Sean Dockery would be appalled.

Nice to see K-Rat maintaining the high academic standards at dook. Duval spends a year at API but no problems meeting the rigorous standards of puke U. Sean Dockery would be appalled.
Duval's last 2 schools have been very sketchy academically and the word was always that he was unrecruitable by UNC. dook is a very different story. dook is the new Georgetown.

Reactions: gary-7
Reddish is like the 5th rated player in the nation and I'm not making any definitive predictions , but he may very well think he's one and done material. What is driving your opinion that he is a 2-3 year player? Is the 2018 class considered weak?

Unless he:

1. taking a nosedive in the rankings or
2. comes in and has a Marques Bolden like season
3. Wants to be Grayson Allen 3.0

Zero reason to say definitively he's not OAD.

Dook could lose 20 games and still be relevant, its just the way it is. Partly because of K, thier "culture", espn, and our rivalry also. Theyve also been pretty damn succesful wether I or anyone else likes it or not. Everytime we play its an event regardless of where either is ranked. To say they are reaching low to stay relevant is totally invalid argument.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Duval's last 2 schools have been very sketchy academically and the word was always that he was unrecruitable by UNC. dook is a very different story. dook is the new Georgetown.
That's what the national media refuses to acknowledge, that dook can and will get players in that we couldn't or wouldn't touch. Duval is the sort of kid who went JUCO and/or ended up playing in Vegas for Tarkanian back in the day.

Dude they have 2 titles in 7 years. Jesus Christ this is dumb.
No, you are just mis-reading my (and everyone else's) post. FlaTarHeel said "people have no idea how low they are reaching to stay relevant". In other words, people have no idea how dirty they are playing to stay relevant. He's implying they are paying recruits or something, you are just mis-reading his intent. I asked him to clarify his implication.

I prefer clarity. If you want to say they paid Parker, Ingram, Tatum, Knox to come there then say it, rather than all the vagueness.

Exactly. It was implied that FTH said dook wasn't relative. He said nothing of the sort. Of course they're relevant. Cite one post where someone actually said they weren't.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Exactly. It was implied that FTH said dook wasn't relative. He said nothing of the sort. Of course they're relevant. Cite one post where someone actually said they weren't.

If his point is that they are having to engage in dirty recruiting to stay relevant he's wrong anyways-flat out wrong. For all the reasons I listed in my previous post and then some. It's about as biased an "argument" one could make.

May I have permission to question peeps' writing skills then?

BTW: if puke starts losing 20 games per year they will NOT stay relevant and our rivalry WILL fade...ask Moo if you don't believe me! Please explain how you can be so definitive about whether the SECRET empire at puke is or is not dirty!

May I have permission to question peeps' writing skills then?

BTW: if puke starts losing 20 games per year they will NOT stay relevant and our rivalry WILL fade...ask Moo if you don't believe me! Please explain how you can be so definitive about whether the SECRET empire at puke is or is not dirty!

So you think the 2010 dook title team was gotten by dirty recruiting? That team was pretty untalented. Do you really believe dook wouldn't still do well even if they weren't engaging in this theoretical dirty recruiting?
The original assertion is so out in left field that I used the extreme example of losing 20 games to show that they could survive a season or 3 of that type of awfulness and still be relevant, which they could.

But I suppose some get so enamored with a poster who has imaginary "connections" down Florida way that he could probably tell them the sky is green and they'd dumbly nod in approval.

If his point is that they are having to engage in dirty recruiting to stay relevant he's wrong anyways-flat out wrong. For all the reasons I listed in my previous post and then some. It's about as biased an "argument" one could make.

Sounds to me like he's pretty plugged in to recruiting & what goes on. I appreciate the intel & look forward to the demise of the empire, as we all do. I think some people just don't want to believe that others have some credible info. If I had to put my money on who knows more about the recruiting scene, 46 or Fla TH, I'm going with the latter.

Reactions: gobblercalls
So you think the 2010 dook title team was gotten by dirty recruiting? That team was pretty untalented. Do you really believe dook wouldn't still do well even if they weren't engaging in this theoretical dirty recruiting?
The original assertion is so out in left field that I used the extreme example of losing 20 games to show that they could survive a season or 3 of that type of awfulness and still be relevant, which they could.

But I suppose some get so enamored with a poster who has imaginary "connections" down Florida way that he could probably tell them the sky is green and they'd dumbly nod in approval.

Defending the dookies is a slippery slope...... or a "buttery" one.

Reactions: Archer2
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT