ADVERTISEMENT

Camp weeks...

gary-7

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
Parts Unknown
Lest we forget, this is the first week of the summer basketball camps, which means the accompanying organized pickup games.
Waiting for more info, but the currents vs alums game is happening NEXT week apparently, but they've already had a game with a couple of alums (Danny Green played) mixed in.

Anyway, some quick stuff from a text, and it sounds consistent with what some of us have already been hearing:
High and Withers showed out... EC lit it up from outside... Tyson was as advertised, and the frosh (Jackson & Powell) showed they belong.

Hopefully more later and hopefully some bootlegged vid will show up, as it usually does ;)...

Lest we forget, this is the first week of the summer basketball camps, which means the accompanying organized pickup games.
Waiting for more info, but the currents vs alums game is happening NEXT week apparently, but they've already had a game with a couple of alums (Danny Green played) mixed in.

Anyway, some quick stuff from a text, and it sounds consistent with what some of us have already been hearing:
High and Withers showed out... EC lit it up from outside... Tyson was as advertised, and the frosh (Jackson & Powell) showed they belong.

Hopefully more later and hopefully some bootlegged vid will show up, as it usually does ;)...
Nothing really to take from today just from reports I have seen from TOS….Sounds like next week the guys are coming into town…Only 2 guys played today that will not be on the roster next year…Green and Paxton….I did like what I heard about High…

Thanks Gary,
Any/all info is great!

Got me thinking about which alums show and which typically don't.

I live outside of Sacramento so I usually wonder if Black Falcon ever trips back to UNC. Has Dayron ever come back? Bullock? Ellington?

I remember hearing Colby and Cole come back but who else usually comes to play?

"JWash didn't play" -- ummm, this is probably the only interesting thing you could take away from a camp game, IMO based on the performances of Terrance Newby many summers ago.

"but nothing to worry about" -- Huge if true. 🤞

"JWash didn't play" -- ummm, this is probably the only interesting thing you could take away from a camp game, IMO based on the performances of Terrance Newby many summers ago.

"but nothing to worry about" -- Huge if true. 🤞
He didn't play in last year's either.

If he plays both sports he would be on football scholarship by rule, so that's a freebee.
Yes you are correct…I really like him in basketball…He is a true old school Power forward that controls the paint..I could very well see him picking Basketball as his future…

Reactions: tarheels0015
Speaking of camps Coach Davis stoped by the Football Field today with 7vs7 going on and offered 26 Power Forward Kendre Harrison a Basketball Scholarship…
I was going to start a new thread on this.... anything close to what Julius Peppers achieved would be amazing.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I hope 11 in white is one of our frosh. Looks really good.
White is Jackson (11), RJ (obvious), Lubin (headband), Tyson (obvious), High (obvious), Pax (headband), JV player
Blue is Cadeau, Trimble, DG (14), Withers (obvious), Powell (21), Hubert's son (25), Brown (0)

Last edited:
White is Jackson (11), RJ (obvious), Lubin (headband), Tyson (obvious), High (obvious), Pax (headband), JV player
Blue is Cadeau, Trimble, DG (14), Withers (obvious), Powell (21), Hubert's son (0), Brown (25)
I think all of those are correct except Brown is 0…Hubert’s son is 25! Brown is 2 years away from getting any PT imo

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and gary-7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT