ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Notre Dame game thread 🧵Wednesday 22 Feb 2023

The law of averages means that... sometime soon... UNC is due for at least DECENT shooting game!

Oh my goodness this is hard to watch. I can’t recall ever seeing such low skill, low game plan, low heart and energy play from any Heels team ever - or really from any D1 team.

Any top 25 team on their home court would be ahead of the heels by 20 points minimum.

This ND team is playing out the given up season but still could beat this prior year title runner up.

How freaking humiliating. Every player and coach should be embarrassed and should provide the fans and past Heels coaches and players a public apology.

This team is an ugly and embarrassing black scar on the great brand that is UNC basketball. Unacceptable. People need to demand answers. Not just the same old “golly gee shucks we’re trying hard and things are bound to turn around”.

They won’t. Our coaching sucks, and our play sucks, outside of one random player on any given night. Facts.

Reactions: Tarheels39
Is Washington's only move on offense the turnaround 15 footer? That's really not a winning shot most of the time, even if he is good at it.

Can't believe Hubert is both trying to win and playing a lineup with Trimble, Leaky, and Nance. They can't both be true. There is just not enough shooting in that lineup.

I don't understand the obsession with Tyler Nickel... whenever he is in there, he is one of the guys who just passes it around to the other guys, afraid to shoot.
Because the kid can shoot, he hustles on defense and exactly... He keeps the ball moving. I would love for him to hunt his shot a little bit more because he can obviously score but leaky and oh-for-four puff give us nothing on offense. When we can't score, he seems like a pretty logical option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2
Utterly embarrassing how low this team and coaching staffs basketball iq are. Bout ready to call it a season and stop watching this trail wreck that never never improves. Sure Hubert will stay positive though! Someone needs to call his ass out!!!!

It really is pretty bad... this team is so far in the hole

0 assists
0 3 point shots
numerous turnovers

No sense of urgency AT ALL

To early to say this game is over?

Not sure which I hate worse - 5 guys on the court who look and play like they were first introduced to the game of basketball this morning

…or all the Heels coaches sitting there silent with stupid confused observers looks on their faces - who look like they’re from some remote island and have never seen a basketball game before and are trying with wonder and amazement to understand the game.

Terrible. Unacceptable. Humiliating

Trimble in the game no Styles. looking at this is Hubert just banking on everybody coming back? Watching this offense and what's coming in next year. The only thing that will save him is the point guard. He is not building a cohesive team. Without deadly shooting this will be a repeat of this year. This is ridiculous.

UNC: so far, 0 assets, 0 3-pointers, and playing no D on the perimeter.

It all has nothing to do with inferior coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT