ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Vs Syracuse game thread——Tuesday 24 Jan 2023

We're not doing the same stuff. We're not making the entry pass to the high post where everything good happened.
We did a bunch of times to Nance but he had two turnovers, two missed shots, and a bunch of other plays he just kicked it out to Leaky or Trimble who couldn't take an open three.

Would be really surprised if Trimble played at all in the second half. Just can't have a guard who won't even take an open three against a zone. We need more Nickel and Washington as subs. Dunn too maybe, although the first half wasn't a good one for him.

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
I like Nickel in this game. Gives a threat from the three that has to be addressed by Syracuse and is not afraid to make an entry pass

Reactions: gauchoheel
I love the zone personally. Wish more teams played it. Always a fan of schematic variation in sports.

If Nance can’t or won’t hit the shot from the free throw line the please put Washington in that role.
Nance seemed to unnecessarily speed things up after looking very calm and controlled the first few possessions. When things sped up he made bad decisions and missed shots. He has plenty of time to pivot, assess, and knock those shots down.

Zone defense is so easy. Nance is basically wide open at the foul line 24/7... if he would just take the shot instead of passing..

Reactions: Camacot
And nance and nickel allow the breakaway dunk after bacot’s fast break dunk. Just sloppy lazy no hustle defense by them. Our defense is giving up WAY too many easy shots, layups, dunks, open 3s

I know he complains often but the amount Bacot gets constantly hammered, hacked fouled, mauled / no calls - is near Shaq treatment. HD needs to get in officials grill on this.

Edwards over Bacot but NICKEL BOOM from Love but Edwards responds 44-44 . Nickel tries again but it is blocked. Love a floater from Nickel 46-44

Gonna need some more shots from our guards - but even more we need more stops on defense. I know zone is hard to rebound against but it seems like cuse is getting most loose balls. Getting away with a ton of contact too. No way does this game ever get to bonus fts for UNC. Unless they pound it inside like they should.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT