ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

You're asking me questions that take less than 2 minutes to figure out yourself, but ok.

Keion Brooks - UK
Tre Mann - Florida
Vernon Carey - Duke
Anthony Edwards - Georgia
Josh Green - Arizona
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl - Villanova
Wendell Moore - Duke
Zeke Nnaji - Arizona
Boogie Ellis - Duke

There was also Will Baker and James Wiseman, but we already had Mando and Wiseman was never actively pursued so they don't count. Therefore 0/9.

You tell me. I mean, clearly you're the one on the inside looking out. You must know something we don't. Why else would you attempt to downplay any valid concerns?

Nice strawman

My "concern" is that we're losing 5 of our best players without much coming in to replace it with. I think I've said this more than enough times for you to get it by now.

While we're asking questions we already know the answer to, why do so many of you constantly accuse anyone that has any varying degree of concern for our team of being "negative" or a "fake fan", rather than actually providing a legitimate counter-argument that isn't some form of: "This isn't a positive post so let's not discuss it since we have no control over it.", "Roy knows what he's doing", "how dare you criticize Roy" etc.? On a website designed for discussion no less.
I'll answer my part of that privided @RoseHeel doesn't have me on ignore. I got way to carried away in my post and should have never called you a fake fan. For that I do apologize. You and I have agreed and disagreed on quite a bit but not until tonight did it get out of hand. Coles recruitment is like fort Knox there just isnt much there. But he really never set any concrete committment dates. That being said every credible analyst and insider has said Cole will be a heel. Behind the banner from sbnation went as far as calling it a 95% certainty. Precious has a handler situation i was told that. And thats all i know on him. again i apologuze for going off the deep end on you i was wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: DSouthr and TheGLOV
I think many of the posts here sound way more "entitled" then the 18 year old kid does, who is weighing his options by waiting to see what moves from players, coaches, the NCAA, or whoever may do to change the scenario.

To me it's fairly simple, if our courtship of him is contingent on saying yes by a certain date, Roy would have moved on. It is not, I love UNC, but geez get over yourself if we you think a kid is "selfish", "entitled", or wrong for letting things play out.

I like where we stand in our courtship of him and hope he chooses to be Tar Heel, but good for you Cole for doing your due diligence before you say yes to any of your suitors. Situations change quite often and very quickly in the college hoops world.

God forbid a fan simply be frustrated with the situation. That clearly means he has an issue with our HC or the way he does things. That's clearly too abstract an idea for you to comprehend right? I forgot anything that's not circlejerking or posted with tinted sunglasses on is frowned upon here. I'll get back to the simple-minded postivity posting from now on.

UNC good
K-Rat bad
Patience Grasshoppers. Remember Harrison Barnes? :D

Another garbage post from you, imo...

1qbFsr3.png

Ah yes, the ol' reliable of this forum. When in doubt, whip it out.

You're an absolute joke that you have to resort to such low hanging fruit. I don't know what's worse, you thinking anyone who doesn't post the same dribble as you isn't a fan or your terrible impersonation of a source getting information from a "bigwig" insider. Probably the latter.

Consider taking the Archer route and using that ignore button so I can read your stupidity from afar rather than interact with it. Peace!
You make valid points

Rose, I think you’re a good poster but your negativity is tough. You focus so much on recruiting misses rather than our team.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So you think whiffing on 10 recruits in a row without a single hindrance around our program isn't concerning? Man, I wish I could live in the bubble some of y'all live in.

Honestly, I sure hope we land Anthony so y'all can continue with this "negativity" spinjob any time someone raises valid concerns or criticism. I'm honestly tired of having to say "I told you so" every time one of you complains about me calling it like it is and still ending up being right.

The fact that you'd rather harp over word choice rather than address my point is on par with what I'd expect from you.

...not half bad, but all of the way bad from your POV! Your ten could morph into 50 with a little more insane selections, on your part. I am tremendously glad that I do not feel the way that you apparently do...

Recruiting is different today. So many of these kids grow up playing aau ball together and have this idea of forming a college version of the Warriors super team. If you are not all in on OAD then you are out of the running for a lot of guys. There is also the issue with handlers and the influence from show companies. Hopefully Roy never gets involved with those guys.

Maybe I have different perspective since I work with a lot of Wake fans and they just want to sniff the ncaa tourny. If Cole comes then great. If he doesn't then Carolina basketball will continue. Roy was rolling in recruiting then the investigation, cal going OAD completely and k's team USA/Nike relationship came into the picture.

I am pretty sure Roy is not getting lazy on recruiting but perspective is reality, and the perspective is that Roy sits freshmen. His OAD players (until now) have been role players on title teams. I have lived through the low point for UNC basketball (and I mean the total clusterF that was Doherty's last year) and the program survived because of the man in the HC position now. If he thinks he is not the best man for the job he will step down out of respect for Coach Smith and his love for UNC.

Talented players ALWAYS look at playing time and who else will be on the roster. For example, if Coby was still going to be our PG next season, it would be hard to get any other great PG to come in this spring. That is just a fact of life at UNC and elsewhere too...
Did you mean to reply to me? Seems like a non-sequitur to my post.

@RoseHeel is right on target with his assessment of our recruiting vs others!!! K has them lining up at dooks door hell he is currently recruiting over players that he had commit earlier in the same class!! While we have wide open spots that have starting time and Roy cant get people to even look at us!!! Hell Cole what u waiting on?? We probably lose him because we don't have enough talent has that ever happen before to UNC? while K is having people take a number and then take a seat on the bench!!! Just :mad::mad: me off to no end!!

I tend to agree that the recruiting is mind boggling right now. Years ago, people pointed to the ncaa blackcloud and the logjam of talented upperclassmen as roadblocks for why recruits weren’t coming to Carolina. Now we have neither of those issues and can’t land 5* talent that would be walking into 30+ mpg next year. The 2019 recruiting class has been just pitiful thus far.

I tend to agree that the recruiting is mind boggling right now. Years ago, people pointed to the ncaa blackcloud and the logjam of talented upperclassmen as roadblocks for why recruits weren’t coming to Carolina. Now we have neither of those issues and can’t land 5* talent that would be walking into 30+ mpg next year. The 2019 recruiting class has been just pitiful thus far.
Nobody has a concrete answer either I mean what else can u say about it. Wait till Cole picks Oregon then this McKoy kid picks say UVA. I love Roy and don't put blame on him but what is the answer

We aren't landing 4* talent either (minus Bacot).

Reactions: Tarheels39
Nobody has a concrete answer either I mean what else can u say about it. Wait till Cole picks Oregon then this McKoy kid picks say UVA. I love Roy and don't put blame on him but what is the answer

...Cole is not in any hurry to pick UNC at this point it does not seem. Then again, I can see a desired splash effect, probably, on his part. Just my opinion at this time...

...Cole is not in any hurry to pick UNC at this point it does not seem. Then again, I can see a desired splash effect, probably, on his part. Just my opinion at this time...
TOS reporting that Cole's mother and father are visiting Oregon and meeting with the staff today

TOS reporting that Cole's mother and father are visiting Oregon and meeting with the staff today
Good grief, that sounds like terrible news. Cole’s mom has always been the key in this recruitment. That is why Roy went to see her without Cole even being there. Cole and his mom do not fly all the way out there just to tell them “no thanks.”

Reactions: TheFamily22
I hope like hell we get him along with Precious and a GT or two but if we don't then I don't know what to think never thought I see us at this point with no issues that are keeping kids away!!!

They are already out there for the hoop summit, I would expect her to visit bc it's so close..Cole is not there bc recruiting rules! I hate that she is visiting, but I kinda thought she would since the Nike summit is going on this weekend

Reactions: dtodd4475
I put part of the blame on Roy’s assistants. It just seems like they don’t pull their weight. I felt like CB McGrath and Joe Halladay were excellent recruiters. I don’t see any dynamic recruiters on this staff and that includes Hubert.

Reactions: MJUNC
Good grief, that sounds like terrible news. Cole’s mom has always been the key in this recruitment. That is why Roy went to see her without Cole even being there. Cole and his mom do not fly all the way out there just to tell them “no thanks.”
To be fair the Nike Hoop Summit is in Portland so Cole is attending which makes it convenient for his parents to take the visit while they are out their

Reactions: dtodd4475
My thought is it is a thanks, but no thanks. When an announcement is forthcoming, you can bet Greg will be there.

I will start worrying about Cole going elsewhere when Roy starts reaching out to GT PGs...

I think we dont land Hurt or Precious with recent offers Roy has made

Somehow, less than 48 Hours ago, I was just being a negative, fake fan for showing any ounce of concern. Yet now my concerns seem to be coming to fruition. What's that Trump phrase about being tired of winning?

smgdh.

Reactions: MJUNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT