ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

You clearly didn't read the article or you're unable to grasp the content if you believe it says anything related being overweight.

Lol. Don’t be a moron. I know it’s tough for you as you’re predisposed.

No, it doesn’t reference being overweight. However, the article states plainly, that body fat is the front door to your immune system. Hence, I was simply pointing out that @heelmanwilm ’s premise that the overweight guy’s heaviness would negatively impact his immune system was faulty. And then you stuck your nose in the discussion and end up looking like the idiot you are.

Reactions: nctransplant
However, the article states plainly, that body fat is the front door to your immune system. Hence, I was simply pointing out that @heelmanwilm ’s premise that the overweight guy’s heaviness would negatively impact his immune system was faulty. And then you stuck your nose in the discussion and end up looking like the idiot you are.
You are not smart.

The article has nothing do say regarding heaviness, being overweight, being "fat", or even quantity of fat cells in relation to immune system.

Gold star for effort though.

The article has nothing do say regarding heaviness, being overweight, being "fat", or even quantity of fat cells in relation to immune system.

So you're saying that @heelmanwilm 's comment made no sense. I agree.

You get no stars. In fact, because of you're repeated idiocy shown in this discussion, any stars you've ever earned have been taken back.

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
because you’re a bitch at heart?...because you’re transitioning?...you have wap?

idk, that’s a you problem...the world accepts you, though.

Ree4732fc0b9770293611e63cd9437507

"Don't worry, scro. There are plenty of tards out there living kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now."
"Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're f-ed up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded."

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
in case you were wondering what the "etiquette experts" are working on these days ...

also, i love being asked if i got my vaccine, i get to use my ever-popular "for what?" answer .. draws the best sheep stares 😆

are you allowed to ask??

My wife’s best friend since childhood’s husband died yesterday. He had been hooked up to a ventilator for just two days. His last Facebook post was about how many more people had died of car wrecks, flu, smoking, etc. then had died from COVID 19. He was 56 years old and would not get a shot....

My wife’s best friend since childhood’s husband died yesterday. He had been hooked up to a ventilator for just two days. His last Facebook post was about how many more people had died of car wrecks, flu, smoking, etc. then had died from COVID 19. He was 56 years old and would not get a shot....
and I assume he didn't refuse to drive a car, etc. Expose yourself to danger or don't, we are all gonna die some day......so before that we should live like there's no tomorrow, sort of. Do you want to live in a protected cave until you're ninety, or burn out like a Roman candle at 32 (the age of Alexander the Great at his death)? Most people live and leave us somewhere in between those extremes and I'm not sure I see anything remarkable about that. What IS remarkable is that the subject of your post was able to make free choices and just as freely deal with the consequences.

America....while it lasts.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
and I assume he didn't refuse to drive a car, etc. Expose yourself to danger or don't, we are all gonna die some day......so before that we should live like there's no tomorrow, sort of. Do you want to live in a protected cave until you're ninety, or burn out like a Roman candle at 32 (the age of Alexander the Great at his death)? Most people live and leave us somewhere in between those extremes and I'm not sure I see anything remarkable about that. What IS remarkable is that the subject of your post was able to make free choices and just as freely deal with the consequences.

that’s kind of an extreme and subjective way to look at how people live.

sure, some people don’t want to expose themselves to a virus like this, especially if they are vulnerable or are around vulnerable people...so they wear a mask and get the shot...others dgaf about further protecting themselves or anyone else, but that’s their nature already.

and besides, i know only a couple of people on ootb that live in a cave and it’s not because of a virus.

Reactions: blazers and prlyles

Did you just compare dying of Covid to living like Alexander the Great?

“Burn like a Roman candle” lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram

to someone as stupid as you, it wouldn't matter what I was comparing so sure, why not? Hell, let's say I was comparing a Martian to a marshmallow, and you can puzzle over that for a few days. Idiot.

It was actually comparing it to dying like Alexander the Great. I don't think Alexander ok knew better.

Knowingly going against your better judgement because... Hey! You gotta die somehow. Why not go out being hardheaded and irresponsible.

Knowingly going against your better judgement because... Hey! You gotta die somehow. Why not go out being hardheaded and irresponsible.

That's what you're not getting. Those choosing not to get the vaccine are not going against their best judgement. Their best judgement is telling them NOT to get the vaccine. So it's not being hardheaded and it's only "irresponsible" to those that feel differently, But you're not right. You just differ in opinion.

That's what you're not getting. Those choosing not to get the vaccine are not going against their best judgement. Their best judgement is telling them NOT to get the vaccine. So it's not being hardheaded and it's only "irresponsible" to those that feel differently, But you're not right. You just differ in opinion.
I was actually referring more to the mitigation methods. Mostly staying away from large crowds of people indoors. I'm not planning on getting the vaccine anytime soon. I don't really trust a fast-tracked vaccine like this... at the moment. But, we DO know that there is a potentially-deadly virus running around, and the way we catch it is pretty obvious, too. If you wanna disregard those things and risk it, and then catch it and die (which is not likely, but possible), then, by my measure, you're being irresponsible and you contributed directly to your own demise. It's like driving while drunk, or chain-smoking your whole life. When you're dying of COPD, or emphysema, or lung cancer, or a combination of all three, you're not wondering "how did this happen?"

It was actually comparing it to dying like Alexander the Great. I don't think Alexander ok knew better.

it was a different time with different ways of looking at things, but I'm pretty sure Alexander knew what the ramifications were. But thanks for understanding the extremely simple notion that somehow managed to confuse @uncboy 's razor-sharp mind.

On the other hand, the greater point is that we CAN make choices, good or bad or indifferent, as long as they are legal. That isn't something to brush off lightly while you worry about every little particle that enters your nose with some virus attached to it. The guy prlyles was talking about lived 56 years, but the implication of his post is that it's an ironic tragedy of some sort because maybe it could have been prevented and he might have lived a few more years. I don't see it as any more of a tragedy than anyone else's passing. I see it like the deceased guy saw it, maybe you get your second shot and then you accidentally step out in front of a bus.

I see it like the deceased guy saw it, maybe you get your second shot and then you accidentally step out in front of a bus.
Is that how "the deceased guy saw it?" I guess we'll never know. But, I have no doubt that's how you see it.

No need to go and get a colonoscopy or any kind of health checkup. You could be leaving the doctor's office, with a clean bill of health, and then drown in your kiddie pool that afternoon. It takes the living out of life. "Maybe you get your second shot and then get hit by a bus" is up there with "All men die, but few men truly live!"

I was actually referring more to the mitigation methods. Mostly staying away from large crowds of people indoors. I'm not planning on getting the vaccine anytime soon. I don't really trust a fast-tracked vaccine like this... at the moment. But, we DO know that there is a potentially-deadly virus running around, and the way we catch it is pretty obvious, too. If you wanna disregard those things and risk it, and then catch it and die (which is not likely, but possible), then, by my measure, you're being irresponsible and you contributed directly to your own demise. It's like driving while drunk, or chain-smoking your whole life. When you're dying of COPD, or emphysema, or lung cancer, or a combination of all three, you're not wondering "how did this happen?"

Yep, that's what I said. It's only irresponsible to you.

Is that how "the deceased guy saw it?" I guess we'll never know. But, I have no doubt that's how you see it.

No need to go and get a colonoscopy or any kind of health checkup. You could be leaving the doctor's office, with a clean bill of health, and then drown in your kiddie pool that afternoon. It takes the living out of life. "Maybe you get your second shot and then get hit by a bus" is up there with "All men die, but few men truly live!"
from the post I responded to...."
"His last Facebook post was about how many more people had died of car wrecks, flu, smoking, etc...."
So I think we do know how he saw it. The ability to read is a such a gift.

This..." "Maybe you get your second shot and then get hit by a bus" is up there with "All men die, but few men truly live!" "....... is one of the dumbest things I've seen posted, if you are being sarcastic. Your sarcasm is completely off the mark if so.

And you insist on ignoring the point, which is that I have the freedom to think that your choices are bullshit while you have the freedom to think mine are just as stupid. Because we have choices we can make, and we don't have (so far most) choices made for us by some entity that has the collective intelligence of a toadstool.

And you insist on ignoring the point, which is that I have the freedom to think that your choices are bullshit while you have the freedom to think mine are just as stupid. Because we have choices we can make, and we don't have (so far most) choices made for us by some entity that has the collective intelligence of a toadstool.
I'm not really ignoring it. I'm looking for a translator.

I definitely agree that it's a person's choice and everyone is going to have their opinion on it. I've already said I think those that choose not to get a vaccine are idiots and you've already said you think people that do are sheep. It's fine - we disagree and neither of us really gives a shit if the other is vaccinated or not.

My main issue though is the governments (federal and state) are using vaccine numbers to dictate whether or not they open things up more and more. Agree with that or not, and I'm sure we all have varying opinions on if that should be the bar, it is the way it is. So by you (by you I mean anyone who won't get a vaccine) choosing to not get one it does impact everyone.

I know you said you don't give a shit about leaving America...but some of us do. And if some of us can't do something they want because (right or wrong) another country says we aren't vaccinated enough of our population then that is shitty.

So I guess I don't give a shit if you or anyone personally get a shot but I do give a shit if a lot of you don't because then that starts to F with things I want.

I definitely agree that it's a person's choice and everyone is going to have their opinion on it. I've already said I think those that choose not to get a vaccine are idiots and you've already said you think people that do are sheep. It's fine - we disagree and neither of us really gives a shit if the other is vaccinated or not.

My main issue though is the governments (federal and state) are using vaccine numbers to dictate whether or not they open things up more and more. Agree with that or not, and I'm sure we all have varying opinions on if that should be the bar, it is the way it is. So by you (by you I mean anyone who won't get a vaccine) choosing to not get one it does impact everyone.

I know you said you don't give a shit about leaving America...but some of us do. And if some of us can't do something they want because (right or wrong) another country says we aren't vaccinated enough of our population then that is shitty.

So I guess I don't give a shit if you or anyone personally get a shot but I do give a shit if a lot of you don't because then that starts to F with things I want.

As you would expect, I don't make choices in life based on what it does for other people. Sorry. Yes, I find it absurd that the govt will continue with restrictions until the masters are pleased with the percentage of people vaccinated. But if you're waiting on me to get on board, then you're going to disappointed. And your ire shouldn't be directed at me. It should be directed at those implementing the restrictions.

As you would expect, I don't make choices in life based on what it does for other people. Sorry. Yes, I find it absurd that the govt will continue with restrictions until the masters are pleased with the percentage of people vaccinated. But if you're waiting on me to get on board, then you're going to disappointed. And your ire shouldn't be directed at me. It should be directed at those implementing the restrictions.
Yeah, I don't think anything you said there is wrong. I guess it's just easier to bitch at people on a message board than our elected officials, which is another problem all together.

Personally, I think vaccinated people should be treated differently. Don't want to wear a mask, get vaccinated. Want to go to get shitty on Chianti wine and eat insanely good pasta? Show your vaccine card and you're in. Want to go to that concert? Show the vaccine card.

You're quick to say if you're scared stay home. I'll be equally quick to say if you want to go out then get vaccinated.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
It's pretty rich that all the Dem's were so against the vaccine when Trump was in office because it was rushed through and now you are an idiot if you don't get it. I guess all the long-term worries have been settled in 4.5 months.
dont expect a logical response from the never-Trumpers on this one ... it's hypocrisy at its finest.

Yeah, I don't think anything you said there is wrong. I guess it's just easier to bitch at people on a message board than our elected officials, which is another problem all together.

Personally, I think vaccinated people should be treated differently. Don't want to wear a mask, get vaccinated. Want to go to get shitty on Chianti wine and eat insanely good pasta? Show your vaccine card and you're in. Want to go to that concert? Show the vaccine card.

You're quick to say if you're scared stay home. I'll be equally quick to say if you want to go out then get vaccinated.
but money always wins ... so very soon everything will open back up, even though we wont reach the mythical herd immunity (moving) target.

there will ALWAYS be covid deaths, get used to it. they will be reported annually just like flu deaths. lots of unvaccinated folks die from the flu every year ... same will happen with covid. time to move on.

Reactions: bluetoe
but money always wins ... so very soon everything will open back up, even though we wont reach the mythical herd immunity (moving) target.

there will ALWAYS be covid deaths, get used to it. they will be reported annually just like flu deaths. lots of unvaccinated folks die from the flu every year ... same will happen with covid. time to move on.
I agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT