ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

Lol How are other people’s choices a “pain in the ass” to you or anyone else?

You fit well into that category of not minding your own affairs and worrying about other people’s choices.

I don't really care about other people's 'choices' really. What to wear, what to eat, their job, etc.

But I do care when a highly transmissible, deadly pathogen is going around and people who have the opportunity to get vaccinated refuse to for idiotic reasons or no reason at all. Moderna and Pfizer are safe. J&J likely is too.

In other words, this is a situation where it affects everyone. And while vaccines are technically a choice, the fewer people who get vaccinated the more difficult time we're going to have finally moving past the pandemic.

That's why I care. I couldn't give two fuks what else you do with your life.

I don't really care about other people's 'choices' really. What to wear, what to eat, their job, etc.

But I do care when a highly transmissible, deadly pathogen is going around and people who have the opportunity to get vaccinated refuse to for idiotic reasons or no reason at all. Moderna and Pfizer are safe. J&J likely is too.

In other words, this is a situation where it affects everyone. And while vaccines are technically a choice, the fewer people who get vaccinated the more difficult time we're going to have finally moving past the pandemic.

That's why I care. I couldn't give two fuks what else you do with your life.

If you get vaccinated, then it shouldn't matter if I do. Also, you may have what is called a home. You might want to stay there. It's dangerous out here in the real world.

If you get vaccinated, then it shouldn't matter if I do. Also, you may have what is called a home. You might want to stay there. It's dangerous out here in the real world.
The longer you stay obtuse, the longer it takes for the economy to improve and for in-person attendance to open at dean dome, kenan, music venues, etc.

I'm going to see live music in a few weeks. I'm good. Thanks though.
giphy.gif

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?

Are you incapable of seeing anything outside of what's convenient to you personally in a given moment?

It does matter if you get vaccinated. Less opportunity for it to spread, fewer people in the hospital, the sooner we don't have to wear masks and actually get back to normal. It's very simple.

Are you incapable of seeing anything outside of what's convenient to you personally in a given moment?

It does matter if you get vaccinated. Less opportunity for it to spread, fewer people in the hospital, the sooner we don't have to wear masks and actually get back to normal. It's very simple.

But if everyone else gets vaccinated, there is no need for me to get vaccinated.

How about this...get everyone else in the world a shot first and I'll be the last human on earth to get one. See, I'm putting others first. I'm a hell of a guy.

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
But if everyone else gets vaccinated, there is no need for me to get vaccinated.

How about this...get everyone else in the world a shot first and I'll be the last human on earth to get one. See, I'm putting others first. I'm a hell of a guy.

I know you're trolling and you know as well as I do there are many others like yourself that won't take it for God knows what reason. Especially in the Deep South. F**kin A, Mississippi has barely given 30% of their population one dose.

I know you're trolling and you know as well as I do there are many others like yourself that won't take it for God knows what reason. Especially in the Deep South. F**kin A, Mississippi has barely given 30% of their population one dose.

Yet you, as a presumably healthy 20 something, along with @dadika13 (for reasons he won't disclose on a public message board) were first in line while elderly and other vulnerable folks couldn't get the vaccine. Some died before they could get the vaccine. You're so thoughtful.

ETA - @dadika13 is not 20 something. I believe he is a presumably healthy 30 something. I'm a stickler for details too.

Last edited:
Mississippi has only administered 30%? Where did you get that info? I wanna compare the other states with that, if possible.

Yet you, as a presumably healthy 20 something, along with @dadika13 (for reasons he won't disclose on a public message board) was first in line while elderly and other vulnerable folks couldn't get the vaccine. Some died before they could get the vaccine. You're so thoughtful.
I'm not a 20 something.

but if all the other States get vaccinated....

Yet you, as a presumably healthy 20 something, along with @dadika13 (for reasons he won't disclose on a public message board) were first in line while elderly and other vulnerable folks couldn't get the vaccine. Some died before they could get the vaccine. You're so thoughtful.

ETA - @dadika13 is not 20 something. I believe he is a presumably healthy 30 something. I'm a stickler for details too.

Bro, I didn't get my vaccine until I was eligible. Don't spin this narrative back on me. I definitely was not first in line.

Reactions: bobcrane14
My daugher is graduating from early college highschool. She is finally attending her very first prom tonight. Thanks covid

So i find myself not watching shows that are currently basing around covid. Ive always enjoyed wicked tuna, but just cant bare to watch it this year. Being a small business owner, i have lived first hand what effects of this virus has done to my company. I was making the most money ive ever made up till that week the entire country shut down. Ive since shifted my workload back to residential work, but with much less pay and still maintaing my employees thru this. PPP didnt help since all of my guys opt for 10-99 instead of w-2 (common in construction field). Things seem to finally be settling for me, but with major shifts in how i conduct my business. I am in the field doing more labor work now and handling the other end duties at night and weekends. 80+ hour weeks are getting old.
Seeing some of these shows now featuring the timeframes when it started and right in the middle of things brings back a ton of bad memory. I just cant watch them.
Now i am facing massive surges in material prices and horrible delays in receiving products. It seems everything is a threat to my company these days

So i find myself not watching shows that are currently basing around covid. Ive always enjoyed wicked tuna, but just cant bare to watch it this year. Being a small business owner, i have lived first hand what effects of this virus has done to my company. I was making the most money ive ever made up till that week the entire country shut down. Ive since shifted my workload back to residential work, but with much less pay and still maintaing my employees thru this. PPP didnt help since all of my guys opt for 10-99 instead of w-2 (common in construction field). Things seem to finally be settling for me, but with major shifts in how i conduct my business. I am in the field doing more labor work now and handling the other end duties at night and weekends. 80+ hour weeks are getting old.
Seeing some of these shows now featuring the timeframes when it started and right in the middle of things brings back a ton of bad memory. I just cant watch them.
Now i am facing massive surges in material prices and horrible delays in receiving products. It seems everything is a threat to my company these days
Hang in there, you'll get through it. Owning a business is tough even in the best of times.

Totally makes sense. That sucks.

sorry @gunslingerdick, you'll have to beat me for that "last human on earth to get" vaxxed award.

My wife is refusing the vaccine. I’m still undecided. Imo there’s sound arguments against it. But if you think it contains a tracking device or alien dna as I’ve heard claimed then you’re basically too fuking stupid to live and hopefully the Darwin effect extracts you from the gene pool.

My wife is refusing the vaccine. I’m still undecided. Imo there’s sound arguments against it. But if you think it contains a tracking device or alien dna as I’ve heard claimed then you’re basically too fuking stupid to live and hopefully the Darwin effect extracts you from the gene pool.

I have no plans to get it either.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Didnt you gets catch the virus? I had enough of a case to change my outlook. Once i spread it to my whole family, i figured enough was enough. Both shots and no side effects

we're not anti-vaxx. our kids got all their necessary vaccinations when they started school, i've had plenty of vaccinations for my Haiti travel. but we've never gotten the flu vaccine (or had the flu, for that matter).

my wife is in pharmaceutical research and just isnt comfortable with the lack of LONG TERM data on this. our family is healthy, not overweight and have had historically strong immune systems. and we're not going to inject an emergency use drug into our bodies to supposedly protect others. if that makes us seem selfish, so be it. we all walk our own path.

we're not anti-vaxx. our kids got all their necessary vaccinations when they started school, i've had plenty of vaccinations for my Haiti travel. but we've never gotten the flu vaccine (or had the flu, for that matter).

my wife is in pharmaceutical research and just isnt comfortable with the lack of LONG TERM data on this. our family is healthy, not overweight and have had historically strong immune systems. and we're not going to inject an emergency use drug into our bodies to supposedly protect others. if that makes us seem selfish, so be it. we all walk our own path.

yes-gif-12.gif

@bleeduncblue I think what you said here is logical.

Curious - will you and / or your wife get vaccinated if it is required to travel overseas?
I haven't gotten the vaccination yet, but I can envision it being required for the travel and participation in the following events this fall:

I am running in Tokyo Marathon in October
Also am running Boston Marathon, if I get in (waiting to see if my BQ cushion is enough)

I admit I will likely get the vaccine if it is required for me to participate in these events. I am not afraid of it, and it is really important to me to do these events: run in my 6th of 6 World Major Marathons, and run in my 4th Boston Marathon but is the 125th running of Boston Marathon - a big deal .

@bleeduncblue I think what you said here is logical.

Curious - will you and / or your wife get vaccinated if it is required to travel overseas?
I haven't gotten the vaccination yet, but I can envision it being required for the travel and participation in the following events this fall:

I am running in Tokyo Marathon in October
Also am running Boston Marathon, if I get in (waiting to see if my BQ cushion is enough)

I admit I will likely get the vaccine if it is required for me to participate in these events. I am not afraid of it, and it is really important to me to do these events: run in my 6th of 6 World Major Marathons, and run in my 4th Boston Marathon but is the 125th running of Boston Marathon - a big deal .

we really do not think it will be required to travel overseas. money is WAAAAAY too important to airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, etc etc ... no way they're going to immediately nix 35%+ of their business. any news alluding to that is simply a scare tactic, IMO. that talk will evaporate once the CDC says herd immunity has been reached.

they're going to blend this into the flu vaccine bc, like the flu, Covid is here to stay, permanently. so most folks will end up getting a Covid vaxx/booster annually ... and Covid deaths will be around forever.

Reactions: Heelicious
we really do not think it will be required to travel overseas. money is WAAAAAY too important to airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, etc etc ... no way they're going to immediately nix 35%+ of their business. any news alluding to that is simply a scare tactic, IMO. that talk will evaporate once the CDC says herd immunity has been reached.

they're going to blend this into the flu vaccine bc, like the flu, Covid is here to stay, permanently. so most folks will end up getting a Covid vaxx/booster annually ... and Covid deaths will be around forever.
it’s not the airlines you have to worry about, it’s the countries you will be going to.

Regarding "or had the flu, for that matter"- just fyi, CDC says 1 in 3 cases of flu are asymptomatic... so you might have had the flu, just no symptoms. I don't get the flu vaccine every yr either (partly because i'm too lazy).

"to supposedly protect others" is the only reason I got the covid vaccine. Maybe I could use the same reason for getting flu vaccine every yr, but covid is 10x more deadly than flu, sends lots more people to hospitalization, is more contagious than flu.

I have no desire to travel outside the country or by plane domestically. If they require them elsewhere, then I guess I'll just be doing less. It won't bother me at all.

Im looking for the class action suite against the vax companies for the long term effects im to get:)

I have no desire to travel outside the country or by plane domestically. If they require them elsewhere, then I guess I'll just be doing less. It won't bother me at all.

same here. i'd have to live 3 lifetimes to fill my America bucket list, not giving any thought to whether i'll be able to visit other countries.

but i still dont think high profile tourist destinations will have a Covid vaxx requirement, for the same reasons the airlines and hotels wont have it: $$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Regarding "or had the flu, for that matter"- just fyi, CDC says 1 in 3 cases of flu are asymptomatic... so you might have had the flu, just no symptoms. I don't get the flu vaccine every yr either (partly because i'm too lazy).

"to supposedly protect others" is the only reason I got the covid vaccine. Maybe I could use the same reason for getting flu vaccine every yr, but covid is 10x more deadly than flu, sends lots more people to hospitalization, is more contagious than flu.
how do they know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT