ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

When I managed a long John silvers we had an employee call after lunch and say she lost her engagement ring in the 45 gal slaw tub she mixed up that morning. We let her come in and go through what was left…but it was gone. Someone got a 3/4 karat diamond in their coleslaw.
that ain’t bad because i recall that slaw not being terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Agree or disagree?

”Liberty is limited when the exercise of my liberty affects others.”

“The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good. On any other basis organized society could not exist with safety to its members. Society based on the rule that each one is a law unto himself would soon be confronted with disorder and anarchy. Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others.”

that ain’t bad because i recall that slaw not being terrible.
LJS had surprisingly high standards in quality and cleanliness when I did my time with them. Fried food is trash I know but their fried food was fried in the highest quality oil using strict quality control. My biggest complaint: on their menu for orange soda they had a pic of an orange depicting the “O” followed by “range”….orange…get it? Well a lot of people didn’t. Most every day at least one person would ask “what kind of drink is range?” I imagined shooting them in the face a lot

• Haha
Reactions: gteeitup
LJS had surprisingly high standards in quality and cleanliness when I did my time with them. Fried food is trash I know but their fried food was fried in the highest quality oil using strict quality control. My biggest complaint: on their menu for orange soda they had a pic of an orange depicting the “O” followed by “range”….orange…get it? Well a lot of people didn’t. Most every day at least one person would ask “what kind of drink is range?” I imagined shooting them in the face a lot

What was the brand of orange soda? Fanta? Hi-C? Nehi?

No what did they say?

I found the link.. I will say there are quite a few on this board that will blow a freaking gasket if they read the link.

Agree or disagree?

”Liberty is limited when the exercise of my liberty affects others.”

“The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good. On any other basis organized society could not exist with safety to its members. Society based on the rule that each one is a law unto himself would soon be confronted with disorder and anarchy. Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others.”
there is nothing here to disagree with. Most people understand this intuitively. But some people take this further to think that not doing something affects the liberty of others by the same token, and that would be a misinterpretation of what's being posited here.

Not getting a vaccination might be seen as endangering others, and therefor an exercise of liberty that limits the liberty of others. But the person declining vaccination is not by his inaction imposing the danger of a loss of liberty, the danger is coming from elsewhere. The vaccine-refuser is therefor not depriving anyone of any liberty.

Suppose though, that a man who refused the vaccination gets the disease and then possibly passes it on to someone who subsequently passes away because of it. Is that man now guilty of depriving the deceased of his liberty? Not at all. The vaccine-refuser is not required by the above to allow the liberty of others to impose on his own exercise of liberty...he is only required to not impose his liberty on others in such a way that their liberty is diminished.

Then suppose a man drives his car to a bridge to do a little fishing and parks it crosswise the bridge such that traffic can not pass. He refuses to move the vehicle. One could say that his exercise of liberty in parking his car that way infringes on the liberty of others to use the bridge, and that would be a fair assessment and a good example of what is being posited above. And then one might also say that his refusal to move the vehicle was an example of not doing something that affected the liberty of others, and that too would be a fair assessment; but only because in moving the car he would be undoing his own previous liberty-depriving imposition.

If on the other hand a passerby refused to move the vehicle, he could not reasonably be accused of exercising his liberty in a way that interfered with the liberty of others. He didn't create the liberty-depriving situation, and he has no obligation to correct it.

Reactions: timo0402
I found the link.. I will say there are quite a few on this board that will blow a freaking gasket if they read the link.

Wow, what’s actually interesting about this whole thing is what they all say. People in good health, (under the senior citizen threshold), are fine. Something we’ve known from day one. What I still can’t understand is 1. Why isn’t that what they are promoting the most and 2. Why are we so dismissive of early treatments that are not the vaccine (which is not helpful once you’ve tested positive and you’re unvaccinated).

An interview with Lord and Savior Tony Fauci came out from 2019 by Bloomberg where he was asked about stuff like this. He actually said, and I’m paraphrasing, you don’t need masks, you need to eat healthy, exercise, don’t smoke, don’t drink excessively. That’s the way. This was before Covid was something.

Finally, it makes sense that the vaccine was for the original virus.

Wow, what’s actually interesting about this whole thing is what they all say. People in good health, (under the senior citizen threshold), are fine. Something we’ve known from day one. What I still can’t understand is 1. Why isn’t that what they are promoting the most and 2. Why are we so dismissive of early treatments that are not the vaccine (which is not helpful once you’ve tested positive and you’re unvaccinated).

An interview with Lord and Savior Tony Fauci came out from 2019 by Bloomberg where he was asked about stuff like this. He actually said, and I’m paraphrasing, you don’t need masks, you need to eat healthy, exercise, don’t smoke, don’t drink excessively. That’s the way. This was before Covid was something.

Finally, it makes sense that the vaccine was for the original virus.

This was interesting..

"In fact, what is showing is that a booster program, the third shot, not only did not stop the transmission, it exploded the transmission. And we’re arguing that the vaccinated persons are carrying such a high viral load in their mouth, in their oral cavities, and nasopharyngeal passage they’re contributing to the spread. This is not a pandemic of the unvaccinated."

Reactions: nctransplant
This was interesting..

"In fact, what is showing is that a booster program, the third shot, not only did not stop the transmission, it exploded the transmission. And we’re arguing that the vaccinated persons are carrying such a high viral load in their mouth, in their oral cavities, and nasopharyngeal passage they’re contributing to the spread. This is not a pandemic of the unvaccinated."
Right and I will say, to be fair, who knows who these callers are and how legit they are. So I would take everything with a grain of salt. Having said that, my questions above are still pertinent to the overall way this pandemic has been handled from the beginning.

Reactions: uncfootball-
What percentage of people actually got the vaccine when it first came out? And was the vaccine emergency use or was it something that had a normal time frame? Not sure if that was something the government approved back then, so that second question may be a n/a.
Google Polio Pioneers.

Hey guys let’s stay over here and talk about shit that doesn’t matter so we don’t have to actually address the real stuff! That’ll show em!

1. if you’ve already had covid why do you need a vaccine shot?

2. why are we dismissing treatments early on that work?

3. why are we not pushing people to be healthy as the number one risk outside of age is obesity?

Hey guys let’s stay over here and talk about shit that doesn’t matter so we don’t have to actually address the real stuff! That’ll show em!

3. why are we not pushing people to be healthy as the number one risk outside of age is obesity?
Because we are Muricans.

On #2 researchers have been looking for the covid version of tamiflu since last spring. If they find it, they'll sell it like hot cakes.

#3 big industry doesn't want you stop eating high fructose corn syrup, their lobbyists are big-time.

Why are you so butthurt over this? You never come to this board anymore and now you’re just here ranting about a vaccine.

On #2 researchers have been looking for the covid version of tamiflu since last spring. If they find it, they'll sell it like hot cakes.

#3 big industry doesn't want you stop eating high fructose corn syrup, their lobbyists are big-time.
But yet big pharma is ok!? Shoving a vaccine down your throat?

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram

I'm stunned this article hasn't sparked more discussion. However, there's a group of folks here probably avoiding it.

Thanks for the link.

We need more info from anonymous calls to conservative talk radio shows before we go further

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
Bc you call everyone pussies that dare ask a question.
No I called you a pussy because you’re afraid of a vaccine.

And you still didn’t answer my question as to why you’re so butthurt that you break your nearly 1 year absence from this board to come over to bitch?

And you still didn’t answer my question as to why you’re so butthurt that you break your nearly 1 year absence from this board to come over to bitch?
Whenever he sees the vaxx needle he flops trying to draw the charge then hops up and screams at the pharmacist

I didn’t realize you monitored my every move on this board, nor did I realize I took a full year off (I didn’t.)

No you, the keyboard warrior, can’t get over yourself. You want everyone to stfu and get the jab and don’t you dare ask a question. And as my buddy, heelman correctly pointed out, I am vaccinated. My fight isn’t against vaccines, it’s against losers like you who can’t understand why someone dare not take it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT