ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

My employer says travel is part of my job. If I say I’m afraid to fly because I’m trying to have more children so I can’t die and my employer fires me because I won’t do what’s required of my job that’s on me.

For being a conservative you are eerily sounding like a whiny liberal my body my choice type.
hat's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. But I do agree that a business can do it if it wants. I'm not sure that's the case here though. I think it's more like blackmail for a lot of businesses.
Which issue are you guys arguing? Employers having the right to set standards for their employees and employees deciding whether or not to work there OR the federal government mandating that employers must set certain standards or be fined? Or both? They are different issues on which people can differ.

Really though, the first question is whether Biden even has that authority or whether it has to come from the legislative process.

Which issue are you guys arguing? Employers having the right to set standards for their employees and employees deciding whether or not to work there OR the federal government mandating that employers must set certain standards or be fined? Or both? They are different issues on which people can differ.

Really though, the first question is whether Biden even has that authority or whether it has to come from the legislative process.
I don't think the president has the authority... or, he shouldn't have it, in my opinion.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I also don't think Pres should have the auth.

Biden seems to give no fvcks regarding some hard decisions that could hurt public opinion. Could have easily kicked Afghanistan down the road, now this vax push.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
My employer says travel is part of my job. If I say I’m afraid to fly because I’m trying to have more children so I can’t die and my employer fires me because I won’t do what’s required of my job that’s on me.

For being a conservative you are eerily sounding like a whiny liberal my body my choice type.
On the contrary. A private organization can mandate whatever it wants. The issue is the federal government in a non science based tyrannical move is forcing private organizations to mandate them or face the consequences. $14k/per instance per employee. They also for any employee who does not get vaccinated must provide a negative test every week. Those tests aren’t cheap. If Bob doesn’t get the vaccine, who pays for the $50 weekly test, a test that by nature is moronic because what if you test negative on Monday morning and contract the virus on Monday afternoon and work the rest of the week there?

This whole thing is so in the weeds it’s comical. If YOU are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn’t? Everyone has the ability to get vaccinated that wants it, over the age of 12, the least at risk population with a survivability rate of over 99.997%.

Over 200M Americans have had at least one shot so far. So why the dictator moves from an administration that said they’d never do this? Why from an administration that said that those types of moves are not the role of the federal government? Is it about the economy? If it is, the answer to this move is to fine and/or have companies fire employees? That will help the economy? How? We have what, 9M+ open jobs out there. We have thousands upon thousands of small to medium size businesses who can’t hire who WANT to hire, and your solution is to put these mandates on them? Yeah, that’ll save the economy from a self inflicted shutdown, while inflation continues to be on the rise.

If we are so worried about the kids! Mandate that all teachers get vaccinated. That would be logical, from a group (teachers unions) who bitched about their own safety for a year and refused to go back.

Why are their certain industries that are exempt from this? USPS (hundreds of thousands of workers who have face to face interactions with every day people), other Union workers, etc? Can someone explain that logic? I mean it’s about “saving lives right!?” Why are congressional offices and their staffers exempt? Anyone?

Instead, we have a more divided nation than ever before. We are turning on each other left and right, because everyone thinks the other is killing people.

It’s only the conservatives who aren’t getting the vaccine! Blame Tucker! Blame Trump! Oh wait, the data doesn’t reflect that at all? Why are only 43% of African Americans vaccinated? Roughly the same amount as Hispanics, hardly groups that vote conservative. Maybe instead of calling anyone who doesn’t get vaccinated a pussy and a killer, you can ask them their reasonings. Instead of chastising them maybe encourage them to speak to a doctor about what is best for them.

And for the blanket statement question of why “most of the medical establishment wants you to get vaccinated,” one, probably because they believe the vaccines work, in a blanket answer. However, why did so many medical workers including front line workers refuse the vaccine? Why are there many that are quitting in refusal?

Finally, after 18+ months of this, can Lord and Savior Tony Fauci, still not answer the question of, IF YOUVE HAD COVID WHY DO YOU NEED THE VACCINE?

Her employer has the right to require one and she has the right to not get it but that comes with a cost that she needs to be willing to pay.
I bet this didn't occur to anyone. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Biden seems to give no fvcks regarding some hard decisions that could hurt public opinion. Could have easily kicked Afghanistan down the road, now this vax push.
Easily kick Afghanistan down the road? You think people will forget that? 😕

On the contrary. A private organization can mandate whatever it wants. The issue is the federal government in a non science based tyrannical move is forcing private organizations to mandate them or face the consequences. $14k/per instance per employee. They also for any employee who does not get vaccinated must provide a negative test every week. Those tests aren’t cheap. If Bob doesn’t get the vaccine, who pays for the $50 weekly test, a test that by nature is moronic because what if you test negative on Monday morning and contract the virus on Monday afternoon and work the rest of the week there?

This whole thing is so in the weeds it’s comical. If YOU are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn’t? Everyone has the ability to get vaccinated that wants it, over the age of 12, the least at risk population with a survivability rate of over 99.997%.

Over 200M Americans have had at least one shot so far. So why the dictator moves from an administration that said they’d never do this? Why from an administration that said that those types of moves are not the role of the federal government? Is it about the economy? If it is, the answer to this move is to fine and/or have companies fire employees? That will help the economy? How? We have what, 9M+ open jobs out there. We have thousands upon thousands of small to medium size businesses who can’t hire who WANT to hire, and your solution is to put these mandates on them? Yeah, that’ll save the economy from a self inflicted shutdown, while inflation continues to be on the rise.

If we are so worried about the kids! Mandate that all teachers get vaccinated. That would be logical, from a group (teachers unions) who bitched about their own safety for a year and refused to go back.

Why are their certain industries that are exempt from this? USPS (hundreds of thousands of workers who have face to face interactions with every day people), other Union workers, etc? Can someone explain that logic? I mean it’s about “saving lives right!?” Why are congressional offices and their staffers exempt? Anyone?

Instead, we have a more divided nation than ever before. We are turning on each other left and right, because everyone thinks the other is killing people.

It’s only the conservatives who aren’t getting the vaccine! Blame Tucker! Blame Trump! Oh wait, the data doesn’t reflect that at all? Why are only 43% of African Americans vaccinated? Roughly the same amount as Hispanics, hardly groups that vote conservative. Maybe instead of calling anyone who doesn’t get vaccinated a pussy and a killer, you can ask them their reasonings. Instead of chastising them maybe encourage them to speak to a doctor about what is best for them.

And for the blanket statement question of why “most of the medical establishment wants you to get vaccinated,” one, probably because they believe the vaccines work, in a blanket answer. However, why did so many medical workers including front line workers refuse the vaccine? Why are there many that are quitting in refusal?

Finally, after 18+ months of this, can Lord and Savior Tony Fauci, still not answer the question of, IF YOUVE HAD COVID WHY DO YOU NEED THE VACCINE?
I was going to highlight your first paragraph and laud you for it, but in fact virtually the entire post is excellent.

you mean he could have easily kicked it down the road as opposed to leaving it lying in the ditch like he did?

Blackmail???
Yes, because...

the federal government in a non science based tyrannical move is forcing private organizations to mandate them or face the consequences. $14k/per instance per employee. They also for any employee who does not get vaccinated must provide a negative test every week. Those tests aren’t cheap. If Bob doesn’t get the vaccine, who pays for the $50 weekly test

Reactions: toophly1124

Aren’t you one of the Dookies on DI that make fun of DSouth for the length of his posts?

Aren’t you one of the Dookies on DI that make fun of DSouth for the length of his posts?
Solid retort. No clue, possible I did in the past and if I did I stand by that, for nonsensical comments about hoops.

Here I’m replying to about 15 replies to me at once. Sorry to inconvenience you.

Reactions: uncfootball-
Easily kick Afghanistan down the road? You think people will forget that? 😕
Every pres term since W has said they'd end our presence in Afghanistan, but all postponed and put it off because it is easier politically to put it off. 'kick the can down the road'. Biden ending that occupation is super ballsy politically in my opinion, just like this vaccine mandate.

Every pres term since W has said they'd end our presence in Afghanistan, but all postponed and put it off because it is easier politically to put it off. 'kick the can down the road'. Biden ending that occupation is super ballsy politically in my opinion, just like this vaccine mandate.
ballsy? Is that what you call it when you blame your withdrawal fiasco on the previous President who instigated a withdrawal action that in Biden's words he was only adhering to as required? There might be some balls involved, but if so they are firmly tucked between his legs.

Ballsy makes it better in your opinion? You are far left of the left. Keep defending his actions. It's a good looking for you

Allison Williams, long time ESPN sideline reporter. Declined the vaccine at this time after consultation with her physicians because she and her husband are trying to have more children. She left/lost her job because of it. You think that’s fair? She’s making a decision with consultation from her doctor, for a pretty understandable reason. But I’m sure she’s an asshole and pos for having the audacity to break with the groupthink we’ve developed.
You still haven’t answered why you think the medical community is pushing so hard for vaccinations. I hear lots of whining about how unnecessary the vaccine is and so on so once again…why is the medical community lying?

Well it’s correct
It may well be correct, but nctransplant's point about quality journalism was that strum was getting his hard hitting statistic from a comedy show known for their liberal agenda consistent with dnc talking points. That's the sad state of our sources of "news" and "information", whether it is correct in a specific instance or not.

You still haven’t answered why you think the medical community is pushing so hard for vaccinations. I hear lots of whining about how unnecessary the vaccine is and so on so once again…why is the medical community lying?

Reactions: Heelicious
It may well be correct, but nctransplant's point about quality journalism was that strum was getting his hard hitting statistic from a comedy show known for their liberal agenda consistent with dnc talking points. That's the sad state of our sources of "news" and "information", whether it is correct in a specific instance or not.
I don't sit around watching "news/propaganda" channels, so I couldn't cite them as a source. I just happened to see this particular monologue in a YouTube clip. My apologies for citing my source. The point was to simply share the fact that 75% of American adults have gotten at least one shot.

Look up and stop putting words in my mouth, while also changing your question.
It’s a blanket statement/loaded question which isn’t exactly an accurate portrayal, but yet, I answered it above.

I don't sit around watching "news/propaganda" channels, so I couldn't cite them as a source. I just happened to see this particular monologue in a YouTube clip. My apologies for citing my source. The point was to simply share the fact that 75% of American adults have gotten at least one shot.
I wish the number was that 95% had both shots (just randomly allowing 5% for actual medical reasons not to get it), but no need to apologize. To the contrary, citing is a good thing as it often provides insight to the possible agenda(s) of the publisher of the information. There are certainly plenty of sites tracking these types of statistics so it's an easy one to vet. The observation was that it's not a good thing that we are all getting information from places like YouTube. This is one of the main problems we are having and cause for all the crap and spins that are out there. Anyone seen the pictures of spoons and other metal objects sticking to you after the vax? I mean, really.

Does anyone remember the Dims talking shit about the vaccine when Trump was President? No way could that have had an effect on how many people have taken the shot.

I don't know that it's an absolute, incontrovertible fact, no matter where I saw, heard, or read it.
It's not, which is the point. Methodology varies, but Mayo Clinic says as of yesterday that 63.3% had at least one dose, but you knew 75% to be fact because Colbert said so.

Date At least 1 dose Fully vaccinated
09/12/2021 63.3% 54.0%
09/11/2021 63.2% 53.9%
09/10/2021 63.0% 53.8%

Open the + (plus sign) that says "View US COVID-19 vaccines over time as a table"

Ballsy makes it better in your opinion? You are far left of the left. Keep defending his actions. It's a good looking for you
No, imo ballsy doesn't make something better. A bad decision done while being ballsy is still a bad decision.

But I do like that a politician is willing to do something politically difficult (aka unpopular). Biden is basically creating ammo, talking points, for the GOP while he could easily have just postponed afghanistan for the exact same reasons past pres used. Or he could have easily just let governors control the policy around masks/vaccines, etc.

No, imo ballsy doesn't make something better. A bad decision done while being ballsy is still a bad decision.

But I do like that a politician is willing to do something politically difficult (aka unpopular). Biden is basically creating ammo, talking points, for the GOP while he could easily have just postponed afghanistan for the exact same reasons past pres used. Or he could have easily just let governors control the policy around masks/vaccines, etc.
Or, you could just acknowledge that it was the bad orange man who campaigned on, followed through on, made the decision to, and implemented the process to withdraw from Afghanistan (instead of claiming that this was all Joe).

Indeed, the botched final withdrawal was on "ballsy" Biden and is universally laid at his feet, but you simply want to claim that would have been the case regardless of who was in office at the time. In his defense, you keep asserting that he could have kicked the can and postponed, but that would have required a huge reversal of numbers, etc. There was no support, no political will, and no reason to do so other than from those with a vested interest in the war continuing. Really, Biden had no choice and those that he made with regard to the withdrawal were poor ones at best.

New guy should change his name to pooponblazers or pooponstrum. Because that's exactly what he's doing in this thread.
Think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Blazers and I have had some fun over on premium in the past - Andrew didn't always appreciate us doing so, lol. The absolutes of people's positions and how it guides them can drive me insane. I will freely admit to supporting many of his positions from a policy standpoint, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that the orange menace is personally a total narcissistic douche. For our country, I value policy more than personality. And with our current office holder (yes, he is my president too), I believe we got exactly what we should have expected. Both of them, like all of us, are severely flawed. We cannot and should not be blind to those faults.

Look up and stop putting words in my mouth, while also changing your question.
It’s a blanket statement/loaded question which isn’t exactly an accurate portrayal, but yet, I answered it above.
Wtf are u talking about “putting words in your mouth”.
It’s a question. If you answered it was in response to someone else…not me. I don’t read all the posts.

okay so I “looked up” and found your response buried in a long diatribe responding to dadika. Sorry for missing that.

as for why some in the medical community are resisting the vaccine I would imagine it’s for the same reasons that other people are doing the same.But I’m glad to see you admit that the medical community is pushing for it because they believe it works and not some idiotic conspiracy theory

What a load of horseshit. This is the exact type of stupidity and rhetoric that makes it seem like we’re doomed to never get through this. This question has been answered 1000 times and literally 15 seconds of research would reveal the answer as well. you may not like the answer… obviously from your posts you’re in denial of a lot of facts… but just cause you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean it hasn’t been answered…because it has…this was nearly a year ago

Think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Blazers and I have had some fun over on premium in the past - Andrew didn't always appreciate us doing so, lol. The absolutes of people's positions and how it guides them can drive me insane. I will freely admit to supporting many of his positions from a policy standpoint, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that the orange menace is personally a total narcissistic douche. For our country, I value policy more than personality. And with our current office holder (yes, he is my president too), I believe we got exactly what we should have expected. Both of them, like all of us, are severely flawed. We cannot and should not be blind to those faults.
Sensible post. I would only add that for me it’s policy vs qualifications. I don’t like trump personally. That’s for sure. There’s been several presidents I haven’t liked in that regard but still voted for. But in all fairness you do have to be a bit of a narcissistic jack ass to want to be president anyway. I recognize that. But with Trump it was more of such a flawed personality in my opinion that it affected his decision making in a negative way. As for Biden I just think he’s mentally incompetent

Last edited:
Sensible post. I would only add that for me it’s policy vs qualifications. I don’t like trump personally. That’s for sure. There’s been several presidents I haven’t liked in that regard but still voted for. But in all fairness you do have to be a bit of a narcissistic jack ass to want to be president anyway. I recognize that. But with Trump it was more of such a flawed personality in my opinion that it affected his decision making in a negative way. As for Biden I just think he’s mentally incompetent
I can agree with the vast majority of this - especially all of them being self important. I mean really, can you imagine the PIA it would be to be president? And certainly, there were times when I felt like Trump did something just because he was pissed in some manner. Fortunately, it was usually political and very short term. I will beg to differ on the policy v. qualifications portion, however. While I would see your pitch initially (disagree, but concede one could make the argument), after four years experience of being president, other than a very, very select few, I'd say there is almost no one more "qualified" to be in that office.

What a load of horseshit. This is the exact type of stupidity and rhetoric that makes it seem like we’re doomed to never get through this. This question has been answered 1000 times and literally 15 seconds of research would reveal the answer as well. you may not like the answer… obviously from your posts you’re in denial of a lot of facts… but just cause you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean it hasn’t been answered…because it has…this was nearly a year ago

Did you read your own link? If so, it's an odd choice to back up your point. He basically says "I don't know" 27 times in different ways.

Do we have anything from the current calendar year that's a bit more solid?

Did you read your own link? If so, it's an odd choice to back up your point. He basically says "I don't know" 27 times in different ways.

"I don't know" is a big part of all of this, and it's actually refreshing to have someone say so rather than flat speculating as if they have definitive information. Without pulling them together (a simple google search will give you plenty to read), my non-doctor summation of this is that generally they are recommending getting the vax 90 days after having recovered from covid. My basic take is that they believe that the downside to getting it is so low that you should because you get additional benefits. Simple risk versus reward type thinking. Whether this is ultimately true or just best guess type stuff, I think we need more time and lab study. In the interim, one can only do what they think is best.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

He said they weren’t sure how long immunity lasts from having the virus. That’s why you should go ahead and get the vaccine. That’s fauci’s answer to “why do we need to get the vaccine if we’ve already had covid” the answer timo claims we’ve never heard from fauci.

but here’s something more recent fwiw

I will say though that If I were certain I’d had covid within the last year I wouldn’t have gotten vaxxed

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT