ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

how many people take their cues from Cuomo? Is it a bunch, some or a few?

Everyone I know thinks he’s a complete asshat and hack. Does anyone disagree?
Its all an attempt to get trump to blow his top. Media types always paint him in the absolute most unflattering way possible. Cuomo is just pushing buttons. Normal people do not blame trump for covid. Normal people took their own precautions. Normal people still do. Sheep have to be lead to water

Its all an attempt to get trump to blow his top. Media types always paint him in the absolute most unflattering way possible. Cuomo is just pushing buttons. Normal people do not blame trump for covid. Normal people took their own precautions. Normal people still do. Sheep have to be lead to water

I agree. The question I have is how many abnormal people are there out there?

How many people read this quote from Cuomo and nod their heads and agree? Cause those people are idiots.

I agree. The question I have is how many abnormal people are there out there?

How many people read this quote from Cuomo and nod their heads and agree? Cause those people are idiots.
Unfortunately, people will read that and blame trump. People here blame him also. But the same people have taken precautions in their own lives concerning covid. Had trump shut the country down in march, he would have been crucified for doing so. Covid was the dems saving grace for the white house. You want a prime example of dems running things, follow California. Look what they are doing for their reopening. If that was the model to use, we wouldnt have a country left to reopen.

how many people take their cues from Cuomo? Is it a bunch, some or a few?

Everyone I know thinks he’s a complete asshat and hack. Does anyone disagree?

He was universally hated pre-Covid by everyone but the far left. Some people started liking him when he was giving the Bush-esque post 9/11 tough NYer "we will beat Covid" but now I think everyone is back to hating him.

Unfortunately, people will read that and blame trump. People here blame him also. But the same people have taken precautions in their own lives concerning covid. Had trump shut the country down in march, he would have been crucified for doing so. Covid was the dems saving grace for the white house. You want a prime example of dems running things, follow California. Look what they are doing for their reopening. If that was the model to use, we wouldnt have a country left to reopen.
The best covid approach for health (deaths) and economics is to take it really seriously as soon as possible to keep spread from getting so pervasive that test / trace / isolate stops working well. Cuomo was at least a week late in taking action (compared to some other governors). Trump is at least 8 months (compared to many other world leaders).

I don't know about haircut availability, restaurant capacity or economic differences across states, but CA is doing well according to this map here:

Last edited:
The best covid approach for health (deaths) and economics is to take it really seriously as soon as possible to keep spread from getting so pervasive that test / trace / isolate stops working well. Cuomo was at least a week late in taking action. Trump is at least 8 months.

I don't know about haircut availability, restaurant capacity or economic differences across states, but CA is doing well according to this map here:

I know. Trump should have banned travel from China instead of encouraging people to go out and pretend like nothing was going on.

Reactions: bluetoe
122184363_705065397095849_8913725951375188028_n.jpg

Glad to hear y’all are doing well. I hope this isn’t inappropriate to ask but any idea how you contracted it?
My wife manages a bank. Everyone that works at her branch but one tested positive. It was traced back to one of her tellers...she contracted it at church. Fellowship can be dangerous.

Reactions: gteeitup
My wife manages a bank. Everyone that works at her branch but one tested positive. It was traced back to one of her tellers...she contracted it at church. Fellowship can be dangerous.

I told you @Archer2

Glad to hear you're over the hump man. Sounded fairly awful.

Reactions: blazers
Well glad to hear y’all are on the mend. Hope everyone at the bank and church is okay as well.
One of the loan officers has a very young daughter with several health issues. She's been hospitalized since last week. As far as I know everyone else from the bank is OK. My wife was the last one to return. The loan officer continues to work from home and told my wife he would quit before working from the office full-time again.

I told you @Archer2

Glad to hear you're over the hump man. Sounded fairly awful.
It's no problem as long as you enjoy breathing through a straw and feeling as if you're about to die for a few days. If I've ever had a worse headache I can't recall it. Honestly, when my wife tested positive I was scared to death for her; but my second thought was, "Oh shit...this time I'm dead." Things turned out much better than I had expected, lol.

My wife was tested yesterday afternoon. She had pretty much all of the symptoms, but (luckily?) it turned out to be the flu. Held my kids out of school yesterday though. Didn't want them to go without knowing.

My wife was tested yesterday afternoon. She had pretty much all of the symptoms, but (luckily?) it turned out to be the flu. Held my kids out of school yesterday though. Didn't want them to go without knowing.
china flu, kung flu or regular?

And did she get the flu shot? I might do that this yr.

There is an aspect of this virus you don’t hear a lot about and that is how it is affecting our love ones. I buried my 90 year old mother last week. She was able to live at home (with a lot of help) up until three weeks before she died. Of course when she went into the hospitial we were not able to go see her and we tried and tried to explain why to her but I’m not sure she ever really understood why we weren’t there. It’s keeps me up at night thinking she may have died thinking that we just abandoned her. This virus is touching everyone to one extent or the other.

There is an aspect of this virus you don’t hear a lot about and that is how it is affecting our love ones. I buried my 90 year old mother last week. She was able to live at home (with a lot of help) up until three weeks before she died. Of course when she went into the hospitial we were not able to go see her and we tried and tried to explain why to her but I’m not sure she ever really understood why we weren’t there. It’s keeps me up at night thinking she may have died thinking that we just abandoned her. This virus is touching everyone to one extent or the other.
Im sorry to hear about you loosing your mom. It makes it hard when people you love are seperated from us in times of need. I really feel the outfall from this virus will be far reaching well beyond the actual sick. Its changed our society as a whole, and from the top down there hasnt been a good answer to it.

If you had stood at the door and raised enough crap, threatened to bring the news reporters down about them keeping you from you dying mom, you would ha e gotten a response. I e had friends do just that locally. This is a prime example of the system in place being over bearing.

Sorry about your mom

Reactions: prlyles
Whatever rivals has done recently to change their format has given me a fit trying to poast. It cuts my poast off, or if i edit it during the poast, it stops wherever i edit it

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
Spain was one of the hopefuls for low Herd Immunity threshold and they're struggling too. At least by now the world knows dexamethasone works and hydroxycholorquine doesn't (or flashlights).

i mean damn, just how big is this corner we’re rounding???

Yeah, I tend to ignore the case counts because I thought the strain was actually getting weaker and people were testing positive and just sorta sick. I think that's still somewhat true.

The hospital count is what starts to get concerning. You can't have them overrun because that's what causes shutdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT