ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

news correspondent for OAN.

That is in essence what is happening i think. Having so many people around me that got it and seeing very mild symptoms, i can see it being treated like the chicken pox. I remember when pare ts would take their kids to other kids houses to expose them to chicken pox. Covid will run its course thru society. We all will be or have been exposed

I now have Covid, I have mild head cold symptoms, loss of taste and smell and a mild headache that seems like in my eyes like sinuses. My wife is also positive she has even less symptoms than I do.

With that said im not worried I will be staying at the house and obeying rules to prevent spread.

I haven't done anything to prevent catching it outside of being a little more concerned about keeping my hands washed, and it has took 9 months to get it.

Reactions: Heelicious
I keep reading about hand washing, it feels too much focus has been on this compared to helpful things like ventilation.

Hand washing isn't very helpful when it comes to airborne respiratory diseases. The primary avenue for catching covid is thru inhalation.

If you lick and ingest the virus it goes into your stomach where it dies. So to catch it from hands you'd have have a bunch of viral cells on your hand and you'd need to snort off your hand. Apparently it takes quite a bit of viral cells for an infection to occur (masks have been shown to lead to less severe infection for this reason). So you'd have to snort quite a bit.

Its amazing what fear of this virus does to people. I was cleared last monday for work. I took the rest of the week off for Christmas as well as to be sure it was all gone. The only people who are willing to get close are those who have or had the virus recently. Missed out on most of my family for the holiday. Come back to work yesterday and my crew stays masked up even if they are 50' away from me. See people i know at the grocery store and they duck my wife and i. I cant go back to my allergy doctor without 2 consecutive negative test.
Its going to take a long time before people get over the psycological aspect of what they have been told about this virus

Its amazing what fear of this virus does to people. I was cleared last monday for work. I took the rest of the week off for Christmas as well as to be sure it was all gone. The only people who are willing to get close are those who have or had the virus recently. Missed out on most of my family for the holiday. Come back to work yesterday and my crew stays masked up even if they are 50' away from me. See people i know at the grocery store and they duck my wife and i. I cant go back to my allergy doctor without 2 consecutive negative test.
Its going to take a long time before people get over the psycological aspect of what they have been told about this virus
What have people been told that was wrong?

All of the doomsday view at the start off this mess. Fear sells. Just spome with another pastor friend of mine. Hes doing a funeral tomorrow. The wife of the man he is burying didnt want to go to put her husband away. Misinfor.ation is deadly. Go back and reread this thread. When they said the US would have millions of deaths, that sealed the fear tactic

All of the doomsday view at the start off this mess. Fear sells. Just spome with another pastor friend of mine. Hes doing a funeral tomorrow. The wife of the man he is burying didnt want to go to put her husband away. Misinfor.ation is deadly. Go back and reread this thread. When they said the US would have millions of deaths, that sealed the fear tactic

dont forget the projections that it would kill 3 to 4% of those who got it ... and for months it has not been even remotely close to that. are you seeing those numbers in the news? nope.

aoJVIrNG.jpeg

yes an anti Vaxxer holistic healing CHIROPRACTOR misintrepting and second guessing data from the cdc in a field of medicine she has ZERO training and education in concerning deaths from a virus and then posting said misinterpretation on Twitter accompanied by an outright lie about the origin of the data is an EXCELLENT example of people peddling bad info about covid.

Last edited:
Who gives a shit who peddles what on social media? No one is forcing anyone to read it or consider it.

yes an anti Vaxxer holistic healing CHIROPRACTOR misintrepting and second guessing data from the cdc in a field of medicine she has ZERO training and education in concerning deaths from a virus and then posting said misinterpretation on Twitter accompanied by an outright lie about the origin of the data is an EXCELLENT example of people peddling bad info about covid.
Soooo, why don’tyou go ahead and interpret the data for us?

Soooo, why don’tyou go ahead and interpret the data for us?

I’ll do way better. Here’s their article they “quietly” posted for all the world to see on their website BACK IN JUNE (not august as the back popper claimed) to explain adding comorbidity data and what it means. Then you can interpret it for yourself.

Reactions: blazers
I’ll do way better. Here’s their article they “quietly” posted for all the world to see on their website BACK IN JUNE (not august as the back popper claimed) to explain adding comorbidity data and what it means. Then you can interpret it for yourself.

TLDR

I now have Covid, I have mild head cold symptoms, loss of taste and smell and a mild headache that seems like in my eyes like sinuses. My wife is also positive she has even less symptoms than I do.

With that said im not worried I will be staying at the house and obeying rules to prevent spread.

I haven't done anything to prevent catching it outside of being a little more concerned about keeping my hands washed, and it has took 9 months to get it.
Hope all goes well with it for you

Reactions: notashelbyfan

Hope you get that taste back for the holidays, and feel fine long-term too.

hope it’s mild for you and your wife.

did you ever wear a mask?...just curious.

i thought it was more like “could kill millions” unless you take measures to prevent the spread.

i personally never read millions, but did see a bottom number at 200k in the united states at the rate it was going in april.

my neighborhood is now a hotspot again because of the holidays and the fomo people seem to live for...had a mom even text us saying “i was little bit more social over the last week with friends than the previous three months”...lol, the fuk!?!?

i thought it was more like “could kill millions” unless you take measures to prevent the spread.

i personally never read millions, but did see a bottom number at 200k in the united states at the rate it was going in april.

my neighborhood is now a hotspot again because of the holidays and the fomo people seem to live for...had a mom even text us saying “i was little bit more social over the last week with friends than the previous three months”...lol, the fuk!?!?
We already have 350k dead. That's more than half of the total US deaths from the 1919 Spanish Flu. Of course, the US population in 1919 was about 104 million, and the US suffered about 675k deaths from Influenza. I dunno how many will die, but I would have NEVER guessed that we'd be at 350k by the end of the year. I thought, at the most, we'd hit 100k after it was all over. It's going to be about 400-500k, the way it's going. The USA is getting gut-punched by this thing.

Now, the "new", more contagious, version is here!

Weird disease, some people don't even know though have it, others are down for months, this 41 yr old died.

Asked if Letlow had any underlying conditions that would have made his death more likely, Dr. G.E. Ghali said: "None. All COVID related."
Died in 11 days!

I’m sorry to report, but people die. I know it’s not fair, but these physical lives of ours don’t last forever. You’ll die too one day. Frankly, we’re all a bit surprised it hasn’t happened yet.
It appears this guy died because he was a fool, like you.

I’m sorry to report, but people die. I know it’s not fair, but these physical lives of ours don’t last forever. You’ll die too one day. Frankly, we’re all a bit surprised it hasn’t happened yet.
Otherwise healthy 41 yrs old die all the time, but this dude invited risk apparently. It's like ignoring the impact of helmets and alcohol on motorcycle accident severity/death. You similarly create unnecessary risk (for everyone including yourself) by being a mask denier or covid denier.

hope it’s mild for you and your wife.

did you ever wear a mask?...just curious.

Nope not once before catching it, took me 9 months and with my work I am very exposed to large crowds. Now of course until my time is up and I am no longer contagious I will be wearing a mask if I have no choice but to go out.

But all and all I feel good today, some lingering throat clearing coughs, and a very mild touch of a headache, other than that I feel great if it wasn't Covid, I would have went to work today and never missed a beat. My wife seems to be even more well than I am and my son, he is 13 hasn't even thought about slowing down or acting as if he feels bad. But he hasn't been tested we are just assuming he has it because everyone else does, and he says he can't smell good or taste.

I have had at least 10 sinus infections in my lifetime that were 10 times worse than this. If it wasn't for the protocol and the BS fear mongering, I wouldn't have even missed a day of work for this.

My wife has asthma and high blood pressure, normally when she gets a common cold she, will be pretty out but this has even been less hard on her. She hasn't even mentioned the nebulizer, and that normally gets used a few times during a normal cold.

I know people older and people with under lying conditions have died, but I'm telling you this has been blown way out of proportion.

It appears this guy died because he was a fool, like you.

But I'm not dead.

Otherwise healthy 41 yrs old die all the time, but this dude invited risk apparently. It's like ignoring the impact of helmets and alcohol on motorcycle accident severity/death. You similarly create unnecessary risk (for everyone including yourself) by being a mask denier or covid denier.

Then you better stay at home to make sure I don't create unnecessary risk for you. I'm ok with the risk of life. If you're not, it's on you to make behavioral changes to avoid that risk. I don't have to consider your risk at all.

where is that written?...just read up on his campaign and such, but didn’t see that.
As for anti-mask, cbs news says "Over the past few months, Letlow has posted numerous photos of himself and dozens of others at campaign and community events without masks and without social distancing."

Maybe it isn't fair to call him anti mask.

I googled around about covid denier, and that was a mischaracterization. He wasn't denying it existed. But he harped about economy and 'restrictions' while ignoring all economists who say you can't have a healthy economy until the pandemic is controlled.

Last edited:
Reactions: gteeitup
Its funny. I wore my mask everytime i went out, washed my hands, and social distanced more than i ever did since thanksgiving and i still got it. I knew i had been to church with people who had tested positive 5 days after thanks giving. Thats why i did what i did. I even stayed at home much more than before. Not that i feared for myself, but didnt want to spread it. 15 days later, boom. And I wasnt anywhere near those who had it

You don't think a virus with a CFR of 2.2 to 3.1 that has a n0 estimated of 2.6 to 6.1 that can reinfect, cause lasting damage even if you recover, can spread when asymptomatic, can incubate for up to 27 days, and possibly can spread via airborne droplets as well as contact will rise to the level of a .1 CFR flu that we have vaccines for some strains of?

You are dreaming. The only chance was to contain it from the start. Containment has broken. If Japan doesn't cancel the Olympics this year it would be astronomically insane.
Insane - Only if you attend. Asterisk beside finishers’ times - ‘with N95 mask’. China got what they intended or allowed, disruption of US and world economy since they are one of few governments willing to do anything to combat actual or perceived ‘enemies’.

Reactions: Terror Beard
As for anti-mask, cbs news says "Over the past few months, Letlow has posted numerous photos of himself and dozens of others at campaign and community events without masks and without social distancing."

Maybe it isn't fair to call him anti mask.

I googled around about covid denier, and that was a mischaracterization. He wasn't denying it existed. But he harped about economy and 'restrictions' while ignoring all economists who say you can't have a healthy economy until the pandemic is controlled.
Well if that’s the standard then every elected official is anti mask, but only when they think they’re not on camera.

If you're not, it's on you to make behavioral changes to avoid that risk. I don't have to consider your risk at all.

spot on! and those same whiny, covid-paranoid crybabies dont think twice about pounding fast food or chugging sodas. please, tell me how much you care about your health while you make your chick-fil-a combo a large. go look up cardio deaths vs covid deaths and get back to me.

spot on! and those same whiny, covid-paranoid crybabies dont think twice about pounding fast food or chugging sodas. please, tell me how much you care about your health while you make your chick-fil-a combo a large. go look up cardio deaths vs covid deaths and get back to me.
Listen, you can say whatever you want to say about rona and politics, but don't you dare bring chick-fil-a into this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT