ADVERTISEMENT

Darius Days

With a string of picks to LSU right before his announcement, I'd say he most likely is going there and probably has let their coaching staff know.

Personally, I really liked Days and thought he'd be a great fit as a stretch 4 in our system. However, a talented big is what the 2018 class needs most. I want the staff to absolutely prioritize Shittu as he would fill the biggest need remaining in the class.

Sure is interesting that a few days ago the kid was about 75% to UNC and this morning it turns completely, to UNC barely leadng to LSU leading to LSU leading big...kinda makes one wonder what took place in the background to turn a kid in a day or two to a matter of hours.

Sure is interesting that a few days ago the kid was about 75% to UNC and this morning it turns completely, to UNC barely leadng to LSU leading to LSU leading big...kinda makes one wonder what took place in the background to turn a kid in a day or two to a matter of hours.

There's nothing mysterious about it. Happens all the time as a recruit gets closer to announcing.

I hate it too.. If kid knew and could see his future.. he would and should pick us for sure!!

but def looks like he's heading to LSU.

Days would be a great multi-year addition and I hope he surprises and picks us.

That said, our biggest need next year isn't a great multi-year 3/4 but a top notch front line guy, even if he is only here for a year.

I say that because several of our bigs will probably still be a year away. But add Simi to our lineup and we could be really good right away.

I don't usually want 2 OADs but having Little and Simi in an otherwise accomplished and experienced lineup could be pretty great.

Days would be a great multi-year addition and I hope he surprises and picks us.

That said, our biggest need next year isn't a great multi-year 3/4 but a top notch front line guy, even if he is only here for a year.

I say that because several of our bigs will probably still be a year away. But add Simi to our lineup and we could be really good right away.

I don't usually want 2 OADs but having Little and Simi in an otherwise accomplished and experienced lineup could be pretty great.

Yeah simi would be a perfect pickup. I'm not big on having multiple one n dones either but if having a couple really fills a need I'm all for it. As you say he'd add extreme talent down low to add to our experience and give the bigs from this year more room for error.

These crystal ballers all know each other. My guess is someone got some legit info and changed his prediction and the others followed suit just cause they figure the guy knows something and has a proven track record. But they have been like embarrasingly wrong many times. None of them picked knox to ky.

These crystal ballers all know each other. My guess is someone got some legit info and changed his prediction and the others followed suit just cause they figure the guy knows something and has a proven track record. But they have been like embarrasingly wrong many times. None of them picked knox to ky.
I usually think the crystal ballers have done a good job if the player picks 1 of the top 2 in the CB list.

When I say that I'm thinking of earlier in the process, when multiple schools are in the running. Not when they are all piling on in the final days or hours.

I call that a "good job" because as a fan with no inside sources, if they have correctly narrowed it to 2 teams with a month or more to go, they are providing me with good info.

With that in mind, my sense is that the crystal ballers do a pretty good job, most of the time.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I usually think the crystal ballers have done a good job if the player picks 1 of the top 2 in the CB list.

When I say that I'm thinking of earlier in the process, when multiple schools are in the running. Not when they are all piling on in the final days or hours.

I call that a "good job" because as a fan with no inside sources, if they have correctly narrowed it to 2 teams with a month or more to go, they are providing me with good info.

With that in mind, my sense is that the crystal ballers do a pretty good job, most of the time.

Yes i agree ftmp.

Getting Days would be awesome but he is more want than need at this point, same with Shittu and Langford. I am very concerned with our collection of bigs going in to this season, will be much more comfortable with them going in to next season. That transition from frosh to soph is a huge leap for most of our players so I am not as worried. Granted, would love to have the Days kid, he and Little would be a heck of a combo IMO. Put White and Jalek on the outside bostered by BRob, Leaky, Kenny and 7th, along with luke & 4 soph bigs, would be fun!

I am very concerned with our collection of bigs going in to this season, will be much more comfortable with them going in to next season.
I agree. I may still be concerned next year but it will be based on what we know, rather than what we are guessing. This year's front line is a crap shoot so far, and could still be in a couple of months. Fingers crossed.

It sounds like Brooks is ahead of everyone else right now. Hopefully they will all show improvement by the end of the season.

According to the 247 class calculator our current class score is 64.21 (temporarily good for #1 in the nation).

With Days => 67.92
With Shittu => 69.07

If he goes to LSU, they move into 3rd place. He's joining a good recruiting class either way.

If everyone's saying he's going to LSU, maybe the delay means he's having second thoughts. Let's see, go to a football school or the premier program in college basketball? Now that's a tough one.

If everyone's saying he's going to LSU, maybe the delay means he's having second thoughts. Let's see, go to a football school or the premier program in college basketball? Now that's a tough one.
NO SHIT.

btw - Kid's going to LSU gang. Who cares about hearing him announce it. Kid is missing on a career of growing his game at a basketball powerhouse and by a HOF coach!!! DUMB MOVE going to LSU, IMHO. -- Yes, to me he's committing career suicide!! He will never, ever be as good and receive as much exposure as if he played for Roy, UNC, and in the ACC!!!! PERIOD!

Reactions: CJBlue
I just read that his announcement could be delayed until after his school day ends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT