ADVERTISEMENT

*Fifty-Two seconds*

Tyler Nickel last night in the W over Wofford
14pts/2asst/2stls/1rb 3-3 from deep

Justin McCoy on friday in the W over Niagara
12pts/11rbs/2asst 2-2 from deep in 25 minutes

Arizona maybe the best team in the country.
For the first time and hopefully last time, I'm ok with that. #DogsWinners
C-Love 17pts/4rbs/4asst in the W against Michigan St

McCoy and the Rainbow Warriors move to 6-0 after winning the Acrisure Invitational
17pts/5rbs/1asst/ 3-5 from deep

In the Penn St game today:
D'marco Dunn 11pts/1rb/ 3-3 from deep
Puff Johnson 7pts/2rbs/2stls

Zona moves to #1 and looking like the team to beat
C-Love 14pts/8rbs/3asst/3stls/1blk

Playing the best defense of his career

Dawson Garcia playing really well this year. Turned his ankle early last game and got 0 points. Still averaging 18.2 on 49% shooting, with 7 boards and 2 assists per game even with the goose eggs after the early exit.

Out today with the ankle, not sure how long he will be on the mend. He had 36 against Ohio State in the game before the injury.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
If hindsight was 4skin hubcap would likely be hung to his ankles .. we let some really good players get away in exchange for Cormac, Withers and who ?? Glad those formers are getting the PT they should have gotten last year. So how does their success this season reflect on Coach Davis now? hhmmm ..

If hindsight was 4skin hubcap would likely be hung to his ankles .. we let some really good players get away in exchange for Cormac, Withers and who ?? Glad those formers are getting the PT they should have gotten last year. So how does their success this season reflect on Coach Davis now? hhmmm ..
Eh, not so much for me. A new era where the kids can find a roster that fits. Caleb and Garcia the only two having big sucess. Others solid role guys on bad teams.

Caleb and RJ were too similar, a pure point mentality was needed. Very amicable split, and Caleb had big sucess here as well. Dawson left early with a lot of personal matters to attend to, was not playing bad at all for the new arrival adjusting on the court. Off the court might not of been as much?

The rest with Cormac this year, and the 5 stars coming in at their spots they looked to need to find a smaller fish bowl to get opportunities to score. They wanted a chance to be more then backups. (Georgetown is awful this year, VA. Tech is bad, Hawaii very small fish bowl, Penn State a bit better, maybe ok this year?)

Seems right to me with players finding their level. Examples of the portal working as intended for the players.

Eh, not so much for me. A new era where the kids can find a roster that fits. Caleb and Garcia the only two having big sucess. Others solid role guys on bad teams.

Caleb and RJ were too similar, a pure point mentality was needed. Very amicable split, and Caleb had big sucess here as well. Dawson left early with a lot of personal matters to attend to, was not playing bad at all for the new arrival adjusting on the court. Off the court might not of been as much?

The rest with Cormac this year, and the 5 stars coming in at their spots they looked to need to find a smaller fish bowl to get opportunities to score. They wanted a chance to be more then backups. (Georgetown is awful this year, VA. Tech is bad, Hawaii very small fish bowl, Penn State a bit better, maybe ok this year?)

Seems right to me with players finding their level. Examples of the portal working as intended for the players.
And I’d gladly take Cormack again and again. His defense and effort are upgrades. And as far as his shot goes, there won’t be anyone complaining once he gets it honed in. (Which is soon I hope).

What good players are you talking about? Nickel?? You must have missed 2 of his previous games playing 20 plus minutes each game and not scoring.. one game he was 0-6 from three… Styles appears to be the only player really having a good year but he’s on a really really bad team

Did you forget we got that Ingram guy? He is far and away better than anyone who left

Did you forget we got that Ingram guy? He is far and away better than anyone who left
I like Ingram. He's coming in to his own and showing some good things. When it comes to trade-offs I'm not sure RJ for Love was a good trade off since RJ is undersized and if Love actually had a decent PG instead of trying to split and compete with RJ last year we might have been much better but I think that's more a coaching thing. If your doing stats Cormac has been incredibly unimpressive. After 8 games he's shooting 33% from 2 and 26% from 3. Seth is shooting 57% from 2 and 50% from 3 .. not to mention he is a much quicker defensive and offensive player so why is not playing more? Puff's numbers line up similar with Ryan but Dontrez has been MUCH better shooting 45% from 2 and a respectable 37% from 3. And all of the transfers out had time and experience in the UNC system as opposed to transfers coming in cold and having to learn to adjust. Bottom line is I'm still questioning the UNC staff's use of both past and existing players and the transfer portal. There are some that transferred out that would have benefited big by having a true pg like EC in the line-up and I also question some of the PT of players being, or not being used this season. Seth needs more time .. Wash needs more pt. jmo guys

Last edited:
I like Ingram. He's coming in to his own and showing some good things. When it comes to trade-offs I'm not sure RJ for Love was a good trade off since RJ is undersized and if Love actually had a decent PG instead of trying to split and compete with RJ last year we might have been much better but I think that's more a coaching thing. If your doing stats Cormac has been incredibly unimpressive. After 8 games he's shooting 33% from 2 and 26% from 3. Seth is shooting 57% from 2 and 50% from 3 .. not to mention he is a much quicker defensive and offensive player so why is not playing more? Puff's numbers line up similar with Ryan but Dontrez has been MUCH better shooting 45% from 2 and a respectable 37% from 3. And all of the transfers out had time and experience in the UNC system as opposed to transfers coming in cold and having to learn to adjust. Bottom line is I'm still questioning the UNC staff's use of both past and existing players and the transfer portal. There are some that transferred out that would have benefited big by having a true pg like EC in the line-up and I also question some of the PT of players being, or not being used this season. Seth needs more time .. Wash needs more pt. jmo guys

If we kept Caleb, both RJ & Armando were gone. Even though Love is off to a good start, Hubert definitely made the right decision.

If we kept Caleb, both RJ & Armando were gone. Even though Love is off to a good start, Hubert definitely made the right decision.
do we know this for reals? Not doubting it, just wouldn't mind a little more behind the scenes on this. I'm just still trying to get some understanding of what caused us to tank so pathetically.

do we know this for reals? Not doubting it, just wouldn't mind a little more behind the scenes on this. I'm just still trying to get some understanding of what caused us to tank so pathetically.

I trust my source 100% and I was told RJ & Caleb could not co-exist anymore. Not sure how close Caleb and Mando are (were), but RJ & Mando are thick as thieves, they were both staying, or both going, depending on what Love did.

Did RJ Davis do something to some of y'all? Lol. Dude is playing like an All-American, but you're clamoring for the guy who is shooting 41% overall and 30% from 3 while playing on the best team in the country. Caleb will probably have his most efficient of his career this year, but that doesn't mean that he would've done it here. He plays for a team that can afford him being inefficient. He wouldn't have that luxury at UNC. This current UNC team needs offense from its 2-guard. RJ can do it much more efficiently than Caleb. Caleb is far more talented, but that only means so much if you're hovering around 30% from 3.

Maybe Caleb catches fire the rest of the season and ends the year shooting like 35% from 3. But right now, I can't complain at all about RJ.

Also, I've questioned rotations going back to Roy starting Desmond Hubert and Joel James. This is nothing new. Hubert just doesn't have the equity to have fans keep quiet while trying to figure things out.

Without RJ's consistent scoring; 3 point prowess keeping the D honest AND leadership on and off the court, this team goes nowhere! Who could watch the games so far and miss his value??? He is a born Tar Heel and has earned the respect of all true Family!

• Love
Reactions: bluetoe
Trez Styles had another big game last night for the Hoyas
19pts/5rbs/4asst/2stls/3 3's

Penn St robbed in the 1 point loss to Ga Tech
Puff 15pts/4rbs/2stl/3 3's
D'Marco 17pts/3rbs/3asst/2stls/ 4 3's

"One of the prettiest jumpers in college basketball" -- Big Ten Men's Basketball
And rarely saw the court in Chapel Hill

Arizona/Purdue big time game, and Caleb went off like Caleb in the NCAA tourney 2 years ago.

29 points on 9-19 (4-9 3's 7-7 FT's)

6 boards 3 assists

Only 1 turnover over his 37 minutes of action.

Dude is ballin !
Damn, Caleb played 37 minutes! Must be terrible coaching that led to a loss!

Damn, Caleb played 37 minutes! Must be terrible coaching that led to a loss!
Yeah, that is one take I don't get on this board as well. Yesterday's big matchup top minutes.

Arizona ‐ 37, 35, 33
Purdue - 36, 36, 36
Kansas - 40, 38, 37, 36
Indiana - 39, 38, 37
UNC ‐ 37, 34, 33, 31
Kentucky 35, 33

Truth trumps agenda!

I don't know which is worse, the ignorance or the intentional misunderstanding what has happened on the court! Our team is not poorly coached and Caleb playing well on another team has absolutely nothing to do with it in any case! So Hubs was a good coach when Caleb went off while on our team and a bad one when he does it for another??? I wish there was even a modicum of sense in these statements! I will not visit this thread again because I clearly misunderstood its purpose! I thought it a celebration of Family, but it has devolved into the typical self-hatred of the nouveau UNC "fan!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT