ADVERTISEMENT

*Fifty-Two seconds*

Caleb had one of his rough nights shooting, dealt with foul issues, plus a few turnovers. Has not had many of those this year, but Zona stilled pulled away and beat Bama comfortably.

Love 8/25 with 26 points in a loss to Florida Atlantic.

That's a ton of shots. Luckily he was 6/6 at the FT line to make his day average.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Love 8/25 with 26 points in a loss to Florida Atlantic.

That's a ton of shots. Luckily he was 6/6 at the FT line to make his day average.
It was double OT, his last 2 games were rough shooting. He rebounded a bit, but only had 1 assist and 1 turnover as well in 40+ minutes.

Meanwhile Jalen Washington's hometown buddy Johnel Davis went off for 35 (15‐27). That kid was, and still is so underrated.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Hoyas lose big to Marquette.
Trez Styles 12pts/2 3's,
His shooting looks so smooth this year.

Dawson Garcia playing well, his double/double (13 - 12) on an off shooting night helped Minnesota knock off Michigan and improve to 11 - 3.

He is not shooting the 3 well, but really efficient with 2's. 47% overall and averaging 17 points and 7 boards per game.

Reactions: alabamaheel
Hawaii over Cal-State Baskersfield
Justin McCoy 18pts/4rbs/1stl/ 3-5 3'sin 28 minutes.

Hoyas get a much needed win over DePaul
Trez Styles 8pts/13rbs/2stls/2blks/1asst

I am really glad to see Trez and McKoy playing so well, no bad wish for the rest that left from last season but those 2 fellas I just root for them, unless they play us of course.

Reactions: vikandpirate4christ
I am really glad to see Trez and McKoy playing so well, no bad wish for the rest that left from last season but those 2 fellas I just root for them, unless they play us of course.
Those two also came through in a major way a few years back against Baylor.

Agreed. I also love how the amicable roster split with Caleb has worked so well for both. He is thriving, and we are as well. I also love seeing Dawson Garcia thrive. Examples of the portal working. Find your spot fellas.

Penn St adds to the misery for Juwan Howard at Michigan.
D'marco Dunn 13pts/2rbs/stls/ 2 3's in 16 minutes.
Puff 5pts/3rbs/1stl/1blk

Penn St blew a big lead against Northwestern but D'marco Dunn knocked down some big 3's to help the Nittany Lions.

Bigtime game for T Nick in the Hokies rout against "Not Top 20" Clemson.
24pts/4rbs/1asst/1stl/1blk/5 3's.

T Nick is doing well despite not getting many opportunities to freelance. I don't particularly like Mike Youngs offense, it is really iso dominant and if you are not Sean Padulla or Catoor, your opportunities are spoty.
I look for Tyler to get more opportunities to use his ability to attack the basket more when Catoor graduates and T Nick should be the 2nd option next season. He has the ability to make a considerable impact at the free throw line with a little more freedom.
Padilla is a black hole and Va Tech success is based upon how well Padulla plays each game.

Arizona upset at Wash St despite another bigtime game from C-Love
28pts(20 in the 2nd half)/8rbs/3asst/5 3's

28 points on 25 shots is barely efficient. It's not inefficient, but it's not a great shooting game either.

28 points on 25 shots is barely efficient. It's not inefficient, but it's not a great shooting game either.
He's had a really good year. Shot the ball very well in conference play. 52% FG/38% 3PT.

They run into issues when Caleb takes like double the shot attempts compared to the next closest teammate. When he shoots like 15 shots, they're really good. When he takes 19+ FGA. They're 1-4. They're undefeated when he shoots 15 or fewer.

But he's had a really good year. Good for him. He's probably in the Pac 12 POY conversation right now.

He's had a really good year. Shot the ball very well in conference play. 52% FG/38% 3PT.

They run into issues when Caleb takes like double the shot attempts compared to the next closest teammate. When he shoots like 15 shots, they're really good. When he takes 19+ FGA. They're 1-4. They're undefeated when he shoots 15 or fewer.

But he's had a really good year. Good for him. He's probably in the Pac 12 POY conversation right now.
no offense to the poster, but to me this is a good example of why you should not take raw stats seriously. Above, one might conclude that Caleb took it on himself to become an inefficient shot-hog in those mentioned losses, thereby causing them in whole or in part. How do we know though, that he wasn't pushed into the role of savior out of desperation, and facing a tough defense? Those stats do not tell any meaningful tale about what those games were like, or even how Caleb contributed given the scheme of things; they only suggest possibilities. And I say that even knowing that there is a history that we've all observed.

The stats are interesting and they definitely have their place and I'm not saying otherwise. It's the conclusions we tend to jump to based on them that makes me appreciate Chuck Amato saying 'stats are for idiots'. Stats need detailed analysis beyond what they superficially tend to suggest.

When I see someone touting the stats, I immediately go into skeptic mode and ignore them. Just watch the games and forget the stats or at least appreciate the limitations.

Sorry, the subject does tend to set me off a little. Apologies to you shank, what you posted was fine and I just took advantage of the opportunity to get that off my chest..

I've watched around 7 of Arizona's games. Caleb is indeed playing very well. He also seems to have become their leader on court with his teammates. Coach Lloyd raves about him and he also leads the team in minutes.

Perfect example of the portal working well for both parties. Very amicable split, with a better roster fit both ways.

Love was having one of his bad games, 2 for 10 shooting/4 turnovers and they were down 15 or so mid way through the 2nd half to UCLA. Zona came storming back to win, Caleb with some big plays down the stretch.

UCLA fans are probably getting near the Dook fans level of nightmares from Caleb dashing their hopes.

Tough one(1) point loss for Georgetown against Xavier.
Trez Styles 14pts/10rbs/Played all 40 minutes

Tough season for Penn St but Puff Johnson had one of his best games so far.
13pts/7rbs/3-4 3's in 20 minutes

Reactions: thompsjj
3-pointer at the buzzer sends Arizona home with a shocking loss at Oregon St.
C-Love 23pts/5rbs/3asst

I love our present team and appreciate the updates about our previous Tar Heels. I’m sure Tar Heel Nation is
happy that things are working out for those former players. For those players wearing and having worn
Carolina Blue ⛹🏾‍♂️ , press on! 👍🏽

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT