ADVERTISEMENT

Good Luck Tonight Tar Heels

Very interesting...last 2 champions could have a total of 2 players drafted (if Meeks and Hicks don't get picked).

But yeah, ESPN should keep doing documentaries on Cal and K's ability to recruit.....

Hoping to see Justin make the lottery, and Tony to jump into the late 1st. I'd be somewhat surprised if Hicks isn't taken at all. With his measurables, I think he could have a spot as a role player for some team, provided he can tighten up the other facets of his game (fouling, seemingly low basketball IQ, etc.). Teams picking at the end of the 2nd are looking for a flyer, and could like what they see in Hicks. Unfortunately for Kennedy he's a lot closer to his ceiling already, and will probably need to go the UFA route to try to get on a roster.

Saw Meeks in some Draft Combine games and he looked a bit heavier than he was during the season. If my eyes don't deceive me, picking up weight will not help his case at all.

Also didn't see Bradley in any first round mocks over the last few days. Saw a mock draft on NBA TV and another on ESPN and didn't see his name mentioned in Round1. I hope he can sneak into the backend of the first.

I don't see Hicks/Meeks getting selected (but would love it if they did!). My prediction: JJ at 19 and Tony at 29.

JJ at 19 and Tony at 29.

While lower than I was hoping for, this would be fine with the couple wagers I have going on UNC guys in the draft.

I have JJ at under pick #19.5, and UNC to have over 1.5 picks in the 1st round.

I also have under 3.5 dookies selected in the 1st round (which essentially comes down to a bet on whether Frank Jackson will be a first rounder or not, and I think not).

Reactions: gauchoheel
Saw Meeks in some Draft Combine games and he looked a bit heavier than he was during the season. If my eyes don't deceive me, picking up weight will not help his case at all.

Yeah,he'll have a career like Sean May,hope he stays in shape.

Nope. But remember this is the biggest night of the season for shady and rat. Meanwhile, Roy is focused on that first Monday night in April.

2017 National Champs!
Thanks. I forgot WE ARE CHAMPIONS. Makes you appreciate Roy and what he has developed even more!

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Tony Bradley #28 drafted by the Lakers... Rights traded to the Jazz.

GREAT FIT. Jazz have a great player developmental program. Not a ton of pressure since they have probably the best center in the NBA. Their PF position is up for grabs. Great great spot for a developmental prospect like Bradley.

Good for JJ that he went top 15 and hopefully Sacramento's culture changes without Cousins. I love Joerger as a coach and JJ will help them. But I wished he went a little later to a playoff team. He could've really helped a contending team win right away.

I think Bradley to Utah is a great fit too. He'll get to team up with Paige this summer which is pretty cool.

As a Celtics fanatic, I have mixed feeling about the Tatum pick.
Was he really #1 on Ainge's draft board?
Was Josh Jackson going to be the guy until he cancelled his workout with the Celtics?
So much rides on Tatum becoming a better player than Fultz (or even Ball) or Josh Jackson or this draft will go down as a historical error by the Celtics front office.

If he learns or is willing to play even passable D, he could be a game changer! Hated him at puke, but the boy is a baller! Celtics have a coach who could get greatness out of him.

Reactions: Archer2
Nope. But remember this is the biggest night of the season for shady and rat. Meanwhile, Roy is focused on that first Monday night in April.

2017 National Champs!

It was funny listening to Cal "recruit" on the air, which pretty much amounted to begging them to not change the OAD rule.

As a Celtics fanatic, I have mixed feeling about the Tatum pick.
Was he really #1 on Ainge's draft board?
Was Josh Jackson going to be the guy until he cancelled his workout with the Celtics?
So much rides on Tatum becoming a better player than Fultz (or even Ball) or Josh Jackson or this draft will go down as a historical error by the Celtics front office.

I do think Ainge liked Tatum as much as anyone else. Jackson bailing on the workout may have had an impact in that, but who knows. Tatum fills more of a need for the Celtics than guards like Fultz, Ball, Fox, etc. it seems like he wants to keep his options open on IT, and taking Fultz would have forced his hand.

The thing I like about Danny is that he's not afraid to stick to his guns even if it's contrarian to the majority of the NBA, but yes he definitely took a risk passing on Fultz. Tatum really only needs to be his equal for it to be a good trade though because of the future lotto pick he got in addition to it. I won't even be upset if Ball ends up the best player (which I highly doubt will happen) because the team didn't need the mess that is LaVar Ball, so I'm happy they didn't take him.

I think Bradley to Utah is a great fit too. He'll get to team up with Paige this summer which is pretty cool.

Getting picked by Utah means Bradley will pretty much never be a starter there (other than injuries). Not terrible, but not ideal.

Getting picked by Utah means Bradley will pretty much never be a starter there (other than injuries). Not terrible, but not ideal.

So you're projecting the entire career of a 19 year old that got drafted just last night?

Let me know how that works out for you...

Reactions: gary-7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT