ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from over in Big Orange Country…Can you tell us about our new hire of Billy High?

Thanks in advance. Hope the Tar Heels win the ACC in hoops and football.

Billy High is an excellent hire for you guys. Really strong resume. Whenever you heard recruits mention the family atmosphere at Carolina, Billy High was a huge part of that behind the scenes. Pretty big loss gor us, but he's a UT guy, so understandable.

It's a really good pickup for you guys and a potential big loss for us.
I know why an alum takes a job at his alma mater, and I know why a guy wants to return to his hometown. So losing High to UT rather than, say, Bama or LSU, is nothiong to fret about on the first level. But beyond that, we have a 70 year old Mack whose history says his coaching administration is about him and his charm, about his glib tongue, and Mack clearly is overseeing major issues.

So when we lose a young guy like High, that could point to nasty issues underneath the coaching staff, even if that is only the staff other than the named assistants see major issues and are ready to move on before they get caught desperate for a new job.

I know why an alum takes a job at his alma mater, and I know why a guy wants to return to his hometown. So losing High to UT rather than, say, Bama or LSU, is nothiong to fret about on the first level. But beyond that, we have a 70 year old Mack whose history says his coaching administration is about him and his charm, about his glib tongue, and Mack clearly is overseeing major issues.

So when we lose a young guy like High, that could point to nasty issues underneath the coaching staff, even if that is only the staff other than the named assistants see major issues and are ready to move on before they get caught desperate for a new job.
Just can’t help yourself, can you ”WoeismeBlue”? The sky’s always falling with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT