ADVERTISEMENT

How Do We Match Up with Duke this Coming Season?

Not many high school kids can guard grown men. That's dook's biggest problem. They're playing boys against men.

I remember becoming acutely aware of this distinction back in 2006 - Hansbrough's freshman year - when we were surprisingly good . . . until we ran into grown men squads like Al Skinner's BC team and Jim Larranaga's George Mason team.

It will be nice to be the "grown men" team this year.

Reactions: tarwhiz and DaSheed
I remember becoming acutely aware of this distinction back in 2006 - Hansbrough's freshman year - when we were surprisingly good . . . until we ran into grown men squads like Al Skinner's BC team and Jim Larranaga's George Mason team.

It will be nice to be the "grown men" team this year.
Accurate post. Against George Mason, Noel and Terry had to guard their two bookend bigs when Hansbrough eent to the bench. Although Noel was very strong, he was not big enough and even Freshman Hansbrough struggled with the Man strength from those two bigs.
Want to know why Roy always wanted two bigs in his lineup? See this game.

Accurate post. Against George Mason, Noel and Terry had to guard their two bookend bigs when Hansbrough eent to the bench. Although Noel was very strong, he was not big enough and even Freshman Hansbrough struggled with the Man strength from those two bigs.
Want to know why Roy always wanted two bigs in his lineup? See this game.
Can't recall whether it was Texas A&M or Texas Tech, but there was another NCAA game where UNC was absolutely destroyed on boards without adequate bigs.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Damm! Was hoping K-rat would be in attendance when Mondo and the boys drop in and beat the dookies.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Can't recall whether it was Texas A&M or Texas Tech, but there was another NCAA game where UNC was absolutely destroyed on boards without adequate bigs.
A&M. Freshman Brooks and Manley shared the 5 spot.

Regarding the rivalry, the current trend over the last six seasons (l admit l'm cherry picking) has been positive-
10*-7 vs dook. I would love to see us get to a place that resembles the success of DES vs. the blued
evils.

* AND THE LAST TWO W'S WERE WORTH A LIFETIME OF HAPPY MEMORIES.

EFF YOU, RATFACE, YOU NON-DISTRACTING SON OF A BITCH.

Now, please take Coach out for a walk. (.....Voice from a different room.....Miiiiike, don't forget the poop bag!!!!)

Regarding the rivalry, the current trend over the last six seasons (l admit l'm cherry picking) has been positive-
10*-7 vs dook. I would love to see us get to a place that resembles the success of DES vs. the blued
evils.

* AND THE LAST TWO W'S WERE WORTH A LIFETIME OF HAPPY MEMORIES.

EFF YOU, RATFACE, YOU NON-DISTRACTING SON OF A BITCH.

Now, please take Coach out for a walk. (.....Voice from a different room.....Miiiiike, don't forget the poop bag!!!!)
It is/ will

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT