ADVERTISEMENT

I feel Cam can pickup where Jackson left off.

He doesnt have "that" floater and quck first step that jackson has. There are NOT the same player at all. Not the same speed at all. The one thing that is good is his outside shot is much better. But that is it really.

Johnson is a better shooter. Jackson is a better everything else.

No. No no no no no no.

I get 37 vs. 41 3pt FG% would make you think that...but the eye test and actually watching them play will tell you no way. Justin is being drafted in the lottery because of his ability to shoot.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Careful now, ya wouldn't want to be called crazy for suggesting Cam would play at a position similar to where Justin played! LOL

To me, Cam is more a catch and shoot guy, he is a really good catch and shoot long wing, what made Justin so tuff was that he was able to catch and shoot or catch, pump, and drive to kill ya with that floater. Last season, if Justin got a clean look it usually dropped but clean looks were hard for Justin to come by, he was our primary weapon.

Cam was not Pits primary weapon, at best he was their 3rd option. Means Cam was able to get more clean looks, Justin had less tie to get his shots off so can Cam keep his % while being more of a focus of defenses, that one we will have to wait to see. Like to see hij get a good it stronger this off season and work on putting the ball on the floor off the pump fake to drive and finish.

Cam is not a better shooter than Jackson. Gotta remember Jackson was shooting a lot of those 3s while defended 4 steps behind the arc over the defender. Cameron Johnson can shoot, but he is not gonna make the 3s Jackson did.

Time will tell, but my point is that Cam is a shooter whereas Justin is a better all around basketball player. How many fast break layups did JJ get off steals that Cam will not get. He didnt look fast because of those long lanky legs but JJ could move. Jury is still out on Cam, but time will tell. Based on film though, the only similarities I see is their body type is the same.

Justin was great at moving without the ball, hard cover chasing him around 30 minutes a game. Hopefully cam can knock down shots to keep open spacing for berry to do his thing.

Jackson shot 30% from 3 his first 2 years. His shooting ability is viewed as a mild concern for NBA teams, given that his 37% is a clear outlier. His draft stock comes from his size for his position and his feel for the game. Shooting is the only reason we had him for 3 years.

Johnson shot much better on almost as many attempts, and his FT% was quite a bit better (which factors out shot selection and defense). And although he was the 3rd option, his team's offense was overall less dynamic.

I think there would have been a lot of blow back if someone had said in April they thought Jackson and Johnson were comparable.

There should be blowback in April, May, June, July....you get my point.

How quick people are to dismiss those that are not currently on the Carolina roster. We've got walk on's being compared to Psycho T and transfers to Justin Jackson. Unreal.

Coming from the guy who spent 2016 pumping up Shea Rush....

No idea what you are referring to, if you talking me pumping up Rush then you need to link to it. I in no way spent all of 2016 hyping Rush, if fact I don't recall even suggesting he would ever play decent minutes for us.

No idea what you are referring to, if you talking me pumping up Rush then you need to link to it. I in no way spent all of 2016 hyping Rush, if fact I don't recall even suggesting he would ever play decent minutes for us.

Woah...do you really want me to flood the front page quoting your comments from 2016 about Shea? I did a 30 second search this morning and you had at least 5 posts saying he'd be "an impact player" for us.

Woah...do you really want me to flood the front page quoting your comments from 2016 about Shea? I did a 30 second search this morning and you had at least 5 posts saying he'd be "an impact player" for us.

I do not recall any of them, so by all means link them if you feel it so vital. What I recall, what could say "spent all last year" was touting Kenny against those saying he could not play. If there was any theme for me is was about Kenny.

I do not recall any of them, so by all means link them if you feel it so vital. What I recall, what could say "spent all last year" was touting Kenny against those saying he could not play. If there was any theme for me is was about Kenny.

We agree there...healthy Kenny would have been a major impact for an already great team.

I think he's got a big role on our team next 2 seasons.

I remember the KW stuff too! He was positive KW would start and I argued that TP would all last year in pre-season! I won by default, but who's counting, lol I don't remember one person saying Rush would get any time, but a few posts implying he might be better than we thought from his walk-on status.

I remember the KW stuff too! He was positive KW would start and I argued that TP would all last year in pre-season! I won by default, but who's counting, lol I don't remember one person saying Rush would get any time, but a few posts implying he might be better than we thought from his walk-on status.
Some WANTED him to see the floor. Not me. Not ACC caliber IMO. I'm speaking of Rush of course

I still have yet to see Kenny be a huge help besides on the defensive end of the floor. He needs to make a big leap this year, we cant have a starting 2 guard playing hot potato and not making shots. I feel like between Cam and Jalek and Brob, Kenny could be 4th on the depth chart.

Threw up 2, won't flood the board with more...just search for him, there are a TON.

Cam Johnson is not a Justin Jackson. Huffman is not a Haywood. Bradley was not a Duncan. Shea Rush is not a Marcus Paige. Jesus guys just stop already.

Reactions: dadika13
Cam Johnson is not a Justin Jackson. Huffman is not a Haywood. Bradley was not a Duncan. Shea Rush is not a Marcus Paige. Jesus guys just stop already.
It's a shame that you would even need to explain this to folks. The delusion is rapid right now.

It's a shame that you would even need to explain this to folks. The delusion is rapid right now.
People are always overzealous this time of year. The season is over and they're anticipating the next season with optimism. It's what fans do.

And when Roy is trying "crazy" lineups early on, people will beotch and moan, just like our fans do every blessed year.

And when we lose an early game we should have won, some of our fans will lose their minds and overreact. We see it every year. Fan is short for fanatic.

I try to stay away from comparing a recruit to a former player. It never goes over well and it's not fair to the recruit.

And when we lose an early game we should have won, some of our fans will lose their minds and overreact. We see it every year. Fan is short for fanatic.

We could pull up SO many people claiming they are "done" with the team over the past 2 seasons when we've lost an early one.

2 championship games and a title later....

He doesnt have "that" floater and quck first step that jackson has. There are NOT the same player at all. Not the same speed at all. The one thing that is good is his outside shot is much better. But that is it really.
And doesn't move without the ball much - something Justin excelled at.

He's really good at setting up on the perimeter and taking the high percentage shot. Also good at driving - but only goes when there's a clear opening.

At his best, he's going to be more like Reggie for us than Justin. Which would be great, but not the same.

[That's just my impression based on clips and his very good game against us.]

Bullock with worse passing, rebounding, and defense is a pretty good comparison, actually.

One of those is not like the others. Duncan was an all-time great being compared to a borderline 5 star high schooler. Rush is a walk-on being compared to an awesome college PG!

Cam wasn't THAT far off from JJ. He shot 10.1 three's per 100 possessions, JJ shot 12.2. Cam obviously made a better percentage, and also made a much better percentage on his free throws. I don't have a problem with saying his is a better shooter than Jackson. When considering Cam also rebounds and assists at about the same rate as Jackson I don't think there is a problem comparing the two, particularly if Cam can make any additional improvements this offseason. Jackson was a good but not great shooter, who did many other things very well. The biggest difference between him and Cam is defense.

Threw up 2, won't flood the board with more...just search for him, there are a TON.

If you are trying to say I was selling Rush as a future star for us then that just is a lie. Look at this thread, I said the kid came from good blood lines, he did, was athletic and he is, could become a player and that is true. Not once have I projected him as a starter so chill with the lies.

You really take this way over the top of the point people are making. First you have NO CLUE what any of these players will be, stop acting like you do, no kine does nor can. But if people see a trait in a kid like Huffman they as well saw in Haywood or a trait in Cam that they as well see in Cam then their stating that is NOT saying saying they will play at that level but that they see similar traits.

You really take this way over the top of the point people are making. First you have NO CLUE what any of these players will be, stop acting like you do, no kine does nor can. But if people see a trait in a kid like Huffman they as well saw in Haywood or a trait in Cam that they as well see in Cam then their stating that is NOT saying saying they will play at that level but that they see similar traits.
Yeah sure uh huh yeah.

And Justin Jackson was primed on by defenses. Cam really wasn't. A much bigger difference in the shots.

Jackson made a much higher degree of difficulty in his shots.

Justin Jackson was primed on by defenses. Cam really wasn't.
Good point. The top defenders were put on Young and Artis.

Not clear where in our scoring rotation Cam will be but he could get a good bit more attention - especially unless or until our new front line guys prove they can score.

Cam is a shooter you can't leave open, but that doesn't necessarily require your best defender - just someone who can stay in his face and keep a hand up. Unless he starts moving more without the ball, that may not be too hard. We'll see.

Reactions: DSouthr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT