ADVERTISEMENT

I know it sounds like sour grapes...But

maddox#1

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2003
I agree we did not play well the last 2 minutes of the game....We turned it over and over and it caught us. However , and don't take my word for it , go back and watch it , you will not believe it , with 23 seconds left , we are up 2 Eddie Munster drives the lane
and as it comes down the lane , there is Winslow with his arm around Tokoto's waist holding him. As Eddie goes by them he continues to hold him until he has shot the ball ( lay up )......and unless my eyes played tricks on me on the last foul shot Nate took
Marcus came from the side corner and made a heck of a play had it not been for Winslow knocking him into the 2nd row........unbelievable
.....Now I feel like we outplayed them the entire 2nd half , should have won , but failed to close as we should have....but man , the stripes killed us when it counted.......of course at Dook.........Listen , I'm 67 yrs. old and I've seen most of the these UNC vs dook games , this was robbery.

I saw the same things. We let this one get away. Should have been a Tar Heel victory, but........we did not execute in the last 3 minutes. Now , we just need that type of effort for the rest of the year!
frown.r191677.gif

I saw it as well. You can't go into CIS and expect to get help from the stripes down the stretch. Heck, let's add Brice's 3rd foul where Jefferson pushed him into the dook player and got a moving screen call. You simply have to execute and win the game on your own when you play there. I was actually more upset about the way that K was given 2 bonus timeouts because of convenient clock issues at the end of regulation.

Cat fan here, but I certainly come in peace and respect. Me and my boys were pulling for you as it's illegal in our house to ever pull for puke. You got robbed several times but in my estimation the worst was on the intentional missed free throw at the end. Your guy clearly got the rebound and clearly was trying to shoot the ball and was mugged by the puke player....no call. Your guy should have been on the line with two shots. At any rate, good luck the rest of the season and perhaps we will see you in the Big Dance. FCC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT