ADVERTISEMENT

In your opinion does Carolina shoot too many threes?

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
If UNC can shoot from downtown like they did last night I have no problems with all of the outside shooting but we all know away from home that is not going to happen. Personally I would rather have Ingram posting up like Charles Barkley use to do at Auburn and Bacot taking to the hole like he did in the last couple of years and Cadeau going to the hole and either scoring, getting fouled or passing off for a layup.

The three point shooting is exciting and can really spark a team but I am sure we would all agree that we would rather see a five foot attempt to score than a 25 foot bomb.

Our 3PT rate for the season ranks 249th in the country. So the larger sample size answer is no, we do not shoot too many 3's.

Why would you want to shoot fewer 3's when it looks like we have a good 3PT shooting team? That's a huge freaking weapon for us.

No, ID, they do not shoot to many 3s but the real question is why do I say that? LOL

For a kid considered to even be an average shooter, that kid will shoot well in to the 30s, maybe even above 40% on treys if what he is taking are consistent clean looks that defenders are not able to hinder, and the kid is getting his feet under him square and not rushing. So many, the strong majority in my view is that we are getting these kind of treys and when you get those you take those on this team unless your name is Bacot or Konkwo. What has surprised me is for us to be as talented with shooters as we are that we have not shot better from trey than we have. It isn't about distance it is able the quality of the shot. Caleb Love shot hard shots, hand in his face from distance, fade aways with a hand in his face, dives in to the teeth of a defense and praying for a bail out foul, in other words really really bad shots.

RJ does sneak in a few bad shots, old habits & all but on par this team is taking high quality shots from both 2 and 3 and taken by better than average shooters. So no, on are they shooting to many treys, no because they are mostly clean looks.

Reactions: RHFD
UNC attempted 28 threes against Tennessee, 25 of those were by RJ, Ingram and Ryan.
Those three players have the green light and if they hit like yesterday then they should keep on shooting.

If you shoot & make them.... the 3's will allow Bacot & Co. to have more freedom inside.
Last year.... the key to beating the Heels..... Stop Bacot.
Just too many weapons on this team to over focus on Bacot.

The end result (based on what I see) .... the three point shots we are taking are being taken by guys that can shoot the three, and make them.
Our inside game will benefit from having all those shooters we have this year.

More importantly than worrying about the three point shooting.... this team can get to the basket in so many ways.

I like what I see as a team.... something that has been lacking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT