ADVERTISEMENT

Ingram to UNC

GoNtheDistance

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2003
Ingram will commit to UNC after telling Dook and K to kick rocks. Heels will go on to win the national title next year.

Thank you and good day.

Reactions: geo1464
Sadly, it is not happening. This kid is a stud, has been a dOOk fan all his life and now gets to live a dream that most of us only wish and fantasize of doing.

Yep, Donald has ALWAYS been a Tar Heel fan....................................................

If he is as much of a dookies fan, then how come he was at every Tar Heel home game. Sorry i don't mean to be rude, but i have to disagree with your statement BillyL.He might choose the Ratface.But with that being said, me personally i don't have no respect for Brandon or his family 4 playing Roy.

Reactions: CJBlue
If he is as much of a dookies fan, then how come he was at every Tar Heel home game. Sorry i don't mean to be rude, but i have to disagree with your statement BillyL.He might choose the Ratface.But with that being said, me personally i don't have no respect for Brandon or his family 4 playing Roy.

He didn't play Roy.

Reactions: mbdfan
As the biggest heel fan. I can't blame he nor his family for taking their time in making the best decision for them. Anybody who thinks he played Roy or any other coach is a fool.

Keep the name calling to yourself, if you can't discuss a issue like an adult. So u think the best decision is Dookies. I still say he played Roy , i have my own opinions. Roy has been after this kid for 3 years. He should have told the coaching staff weeks ago.BI even admitted he was a Tar Heel Lean.You can't say it's about all this academic scandal, the reason he might not pick the Heels.Look at the football recruiting; It's doing well... GOD BLESS..............Go Heels

Keep the name calling to yourself, if you can't discuss a issue like an adult. So u think the best decision is Dookies. I still say he played Roy , i have my own opinions. Roy has been after this kid for 3 years. He should have told the coaching staff weeks ago.BI even admitted he was a Tar Heel Lean.You can't say it's about all this academic scandal, the reason he might not pick the Heels.Look at the football recruiting; It's doing well... GOD BLESS..............Go Heels

Considering Ingram has said the academic stuff is an issue I think one can say it is at least partly about the academic stuff. You thinking he played Roy doesn't make it so.

I stand by my thought that it's 100% foolish to fault this kid for waiting it out and gathering the most information to make a decision that will affect his future more than any other decision he will have ever made in his life. This is a business and as much as we all wanted him to commit weeks and months ago, it simply hasn't happened. Doesn't mean he did anything wrong.

I stand by my thought that it's 100% foolish to fault this kid for waiting it out and gathering the most information to make a decision that will affect his future more than any other decision he will have ever made in his life. This is a business and as much as we all wanted him to commit weeks and months ago, it simply hasn't happened. Doesn't mean he did anything wrong.

At least ALL aboard here are not in the boat with the ncslate moo-rons... What a rant... Thought some here would like to see this.

http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-st...ingram-nc-state-duke-well-how-about-this-then

I couldn't find any name-calling in this thread.

Roy has been recruiting Brandon for 5 years, not 3, he was the first Coach on him back when BI was in the 8th grade.

The Ingram family is all class, playing Roy is not something that Donald Ingram would allow Brandon to do . .

I couldn't find any name-calling in this thread.

Roy has been recruiting Brandon for 5 years, not 3, he was the first Coach on him back when BI was in the 8th grade.

The Ingram family is all class, playing Roy is not something that Donald Ingram would allow Brandon to do . .

This is why I'm holding out hope for tomorrow Billy... trust may prevail in the end

Reactions: geo1464
For those who think BI is "playing" anyone, look it realistically. Kid is making a decision that affects his life unlike any of us ever had to. If we screw up our choice of colleges we can transfer and go somewhere else and never miss a beat. Same major, same GE classes, same everything except location. Even if we choose a different path, we aren't affected like Ingram is.

No, he has to make the right choice because it affects his career (NBA) path dramatically if he chooses wrong. Personality conflicts, bad coach, bad team all could make the difference in millions of dollars before many of his peers will begin their major classes.

I don't get the sense anyone in BI's family is doing anything that any one of us wouldn't do for our own kids. As much as I love UNC, if my son were in his shoes you dang well better believe I would strongly advise him to be patient and evaluate everything 2 and 3 times over before he made a decision.

Aside from that, think about what his decision will also do for him W/R/T us "fans". If our kid chooses a college his friends don't like no one likely will give three craps. With Ingram no matter which choice he makes he knows people who he has never even laid eyes on will call him every name under the son. He will be vilified by people who have absolutely NO vested interest in HIS future or HIS livelihood. No, all they care about is a team 95% of them never attended and probably 85% of whom have never set foot on their campus.

Let's cut the young man some slack and let him make the decision that is best for him, not us. And if he chooses dook, so be it. I won't like it but I doubt I will lose one minute's sleep over it either.

Reactions: CatcherForLife6
Ingram was never going to moo , any more than Malik Monk or Julius Randle. It is one thing when moo fans are delusional but it is another when their coaches are.

Littlejon,
Excellent post! I attended college on a football scholarship and it was agonizing trying to make the decision and I only had about 4 colleges to choose from. I can't imagine the pressure he feels to choose UNC, growing up in Kinston. My prayers go out to the young man.

tumblr_inline_mtswseOhiA1rpt5uh.jpg

Billy L, what has made you change your opinion over the weekend? You have been the one voice of hope that there was a chance we get BI.

I hope you are jerking with us.

Hes either making it all but crystal clear hes going to dook or throwing up a huge smoke screen. As much as he seems to like dook as a fan its hard for me to believe he would lead them on like this

Heelbent knew long before I did I'm sure . . I found out last Thursday morning, and have been in a sour mood since. I really, really wanted Ingram to be a Tar Heel and so did Roy.
I can't imagine how bad Coach Williams feels over losing Brandon . .

Mikey is right, you usually hear things from folks up on the Premi board a couple days in advance to the free boards.

Clint Jackson said a couple weeks back that the feeling he was getting from the dOOk side was they were not as confident as they had been previously, so, that kinda gave me a lot of hope that we would get a commit from BI.

In the end, I think that Brandon wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot and all the minutes he could absorb, and having the burden of being the main guy on his team. He'll get all of that at dOOk next year . .

Adding Ingram would have taken the loss of Tokoto a little easier for me. Now, we're a Jackson or Pinson injury away from being a pretty thin team on the wing.

Oh well . .

The kid grew up a dook fan, folks. The only time he EVER leaned toward UNC was after his official to dook, when he realized there were a few players on that team he just wasn't going to mesh with. All that changed when those players declared for the NBA. Ingram to UNC would be more of an upset than Barnes or Wright...

Once he commits to Duke tonight can we please put to bed any and all thoughts that this scandal hasn't affected recruiting. This is the #3 player in the country who would have absolutely come to UNC months ago if the scandal hadn't been in place.

The kid grew up a dook fan, folks. The only time he EVER leaned toward UNC was after his official to dook, when he realized there were a few players on that team he just wasn't going to mesh with. All that changed when those players declared for the NBA. Ingram to UNC would be more of an upset than Barnes or Wright...

It's true that Ingram's Official Visit to dOOk was the absolute worst. Kid couldn't wait to get out of Durham it was so bad.

Reactions: heelbent
Heelbent knew long before I did I'm sure . . I found out last Thursday morning, and have been in a sour mood since. I really, really wanted Ingram to be a Tar Heel and so did Roy.
I can't imagine how bad Coach Williams feels over losing Brandon . .

Mikey is right, you usually hear things from folks up on the Premi board a couple days in advance to the free boards.

Clint Jackson said a couple weeks back that the feeling he was getting from the dOOk side was they were not as confident as they had been previously, so, that kinda gave me a lot of hope that we would get a commit from BI.

In the end, I think that Brandon wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot and all the minutes he could absorb, and having the burden of being the main guy on his team. He'll get all of that at dOOk next year . .

Adding Ingram would have taken the loss of Tokoto a little easier for me. Now, we're a Jackson or Pinson injury away from being a pretty thin team on the wing.

Oh well . .
I would have liked to have gotten Ingram too. But, these kids wanting guarantees about playing time and positions is a little much for me.

Billy...Winslow is an arse, plain and simple. Ingram was never going to dook with JW still on the roster. That problem has been solved.

Dook winning the title doomed any chance of Ingram to UNC.

Billy...Winslow is an arse, plain and simple. Ingram was never going to dook with JW still on the roster. That problem has been solved.

Dook winning the title doomed any chance of Ingram to UNC.

So it was Winslow that likely ruined his dOOk OV then . . well, that figures.

I know you Mods don't share everything you hear with the board, if I was a Mod I wouldn't either . .

I guess you and Mikey must have been laughing hard at everything I've posted about Ingram the past 2-3 weeks. I know Strummingram has been . . LOL

Thanks for the share, Jim . .

I guess you and Mikey must have been laughing hard at everything I've posted about Ingram the past 2-3 weeks. I know Strummingram has been . . LOL

Not at all. No one wants Ingram at UNC more than I do, or Mikey either for that matter. I hope I'm wrong and he pops for the 'Heels. But I know the staff isn't very confident in that happening.

Well, I know that 6'7" 220 lbs is a better size player than 6'8" 198 lbs....just sayin'...so if no BI then what about JB?

Once he commits to Duke tonight can we please put to bed any and all thoughts that this scandal hasn't affected recruiting. This is the #3 player in the country who would have absolutely come to UNC months ago if the scandal hadn't been in place.
Please stop this. There is no "scandal" impacting the basketball program. The scandal isn't impacting football recruiting, so why in the world would a potential OAD basketball player even be thinking about it in his decision. Why, because it's not. But if it makes you feel better about losing recruits, then so be it. I can hear this same "excuse" being used for the next 5-6 years when we lose out on recruits even when the "scandal" is over. Does anyone on this board, in the basketball community or on this planet think there will any iota of sanctions levied against the bball program? That answer would be no and I don't think you, yourself or anyone on this board or any potential player really believe there will be any levied either. BUT, it does sound good when we lose top recruits, doesn't it?

Please stop this. There is no "scandal" impacting the basketball program. The scandal isn't impacting football recruiting, so why in the world would a potential OAD basketball player even be thinking about it in his decision. Why, because it's not. But if it makes you feel better about losing recruits, then so be it. I can hear this same "excuse" being used for the next 5-6 years when we lose out on recruits even when the "scandal" is over. Does anyone on this board, in the basketball community or on this planet think there will any iota of sanctions levied against the bball program? That answer would be no and I don't think you, yourself or anyone on this board or any potential player really believe there will be any levied either. BUT, it does sound good when we lose top recruits, doesn't it?

If you are that adamant about the scandal not impacting recruiting, then the only other thing to believe is that Roy now sucks at recruiting. Now let's see,...he was once dubbed the game's best recruiter, regularly pulling in top 10 classes and assembling talent that was historically good. But within a 4 year period of time, he has completely forgotten how to recruit. Is that what you're going with?

Roy just landed a top 5 class last year!!..also why aren't our current players not worried about a potential scandal..they could easily have gone pro to avoid the chance of it..they're all talking about coming back to win a championship!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT