ADVERTISEMENT

is it my imagination or does

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Kenny William's disappear from the offense for long stretches of time. This is not a put down at all but just a question for others to ponder and post about. Kenny to this observer has been a pleasant surprise this season with his outside shooting taking a lot of pressure off Berry early in games but after bombing early in contests it just seems again to me that he is no longer in the offensive flow for much more of the contest.

Defensively I put him right up there with Pinson so even when his offense seems to disappear for stretches at a time his defensive presence contributes to the team's overall success so far this season but I just do not understand his lack of wanting to score in the second half. Has any one else notice this trend so far this season.

The first half of games has been Kenny’s friend on offense. He’s been red hot in a couple first halves this year. Second half he seems to quit looking for his shot as much idk.

His defense? Kicks your ass from start to finish.

But when he isn't bombing away, is he helping the team by making that extra pass for a score, or opening up the lane with his threat to hit a 3?

Reactions: jah420
Roy has said that he is very unselfish and that shows sometimes in the second half as he looks for his teammates more instead of taking his own shots.

Could be he’s taken advantage of lax defences early in the game. Then, when an adjustment comes he switches to passer/facilitator.

And, as said above, he’s ‘on’ in defence all game.

Kenny William's disappear from the offense for long stretches of time. This is not a put down at all but just a question for others to ponder and post about. Kenny to this observer has been a pleasant surprise this season with his outside shooting taking a lot of pressure off Berry early in games but after bombing early in contests it just seems again to me that he is no longer in the offensive flow for much more of the contest.

Defensively I put him right up there with Pinson so even when his offense seems to disappear for stretches at a time his defensive presence contributes to the team's overall success so far this season but I just do not understand his lack of wanting to score in the second half. Has any one else notice this trend so far this season.
Couple of points.
Kenny is usually a bigger factor in half-court offense when he's running the 2 beside JB. Why? Because he gets more opportunities created for him. Kenny is not one to hunt his shot (perhaps he should a bit more at times), and gets what he gets in the flow of the offense. Quite simply when JB is running the show everyone gets involved, the spacing is where it needs to be, the offense flows and Kenny thrives.

As for defense, to be blunt, Kenny is a better wing defender than Theo, and he plays dog-D for the entire shot-clock. That kind of effort can wear on a guy after a while who's playing as many minutes as KW is these days, as well as going back and forth between the 2 and 3 positions.

Reactions: shun1 and Archer2
Could be he’s taken advantage of lax defences early in the game. Then, when an adjustment comes he switches to passer/facilitator.

And, as said above, he’s ‘on’ in defence all game.
Good points.

Couple of points.
Kenny is usually a bigger factor in half-court offense when he's running the 2 beside JB. Why? Because he gets more opportunities created for him. Kenny is not one to hunt his shot (perhaps he should a bit more at times), and gets what he gets in the flow of the offense. Quite simply when JB is running the show everyone gets involved, the spacing is where it needs to be, the offense flows and Kenny thrives.

As for defense, to be blunt, Kenny is a better wing defender than Theo, and he plays dog-D for the entire shot-clock. That kind of effort can wear on a guy after a while who's playing as many minutes as KW is these days, as well as going back and forth between the 2 and 3 positions.
Very true. And we have to remember that he’s coming off a recurring injury. Plus as stated, he’s unselfish to a fault.

I love the fact that he doesn’t take “forced shots” but I want to see him continue to look for his shot all game long, within the context of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT