ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of discipline at Miami

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
what a surprise

What Miami needs is a coach who is like Herm Edwards and whose personal assistant to whom the players must report on all matters of grades and conduct is a recently retired Marine drill sergeant.

"And the other issue is that a few players felt players could get away with some things without being punished, such as Jarren Williams not showing up for a practice and then playing (off the bench) the following Saturday. One player said there were multiple missteps with Williams regarding maturity.

That’s one reason - combined with the quarterbacks’ erratic play - why UM is pursuing a grad transfer quarterback to be the potential starter in 2020.

The other problem, as one player explained, is there were some players on the team (not a lot but some) that have a “do what they want” mentality, don’t possess the level of work ethic needed to succeed and don’t seem to care as passionately as they should.

You know what the Canes need, besides better players? More mature, grounded players like Shaq Quarterman, who consistently does the right thing. There are a lot of UM players like Quarterman in that regard. But the Canes need all of them to be that way, especially in the quarterback room.

That UM source said the Canes need more students of the game, too, noting how ridiculous it was - as one example - that Williams took off running on what was supposed to be an end-of-the-half Hail Mary in the Independence Bowl."

...I know that it makes the conference/ division look better if Miami is good, but personally I don't give two $#!+$ about the canes...
i hope the whole division is weak so the heels can dominate it. yeah, someday a weak schedule may keep us out of the playoffs, but let's dominate the division first and then worry about a national championship.

Reactions: franklin street
Kicked Williams out. Diaz knows he is on the hot seat already.
I think he is too. Canes football boosters are really tired of waiting, and now they see Mullen doing well in Gainesville, and they fear what Norvell could do for the Seminoles.

I still say that Miami screwed up royally in not hiring Leach many years ago. He will always own a house in Key West, and his zaniness wouldn't even stick out in Miami, except for being too high IQ and too straight-laced. Leach's offense paired with a really good DC at Miami could have meant major recruiting, as well as fireworks on the field.

I will be more than happy to see Clemson and FSU both at peak power fighting for the Atlantic as long as UNC is the third major power in the ACC.

...I will be more than happy to see Clemson and FSU both at peak power fighting for the Atlantic as long as UNC is the third major power in the ACC.
yep, dominate the coastal and get a crack at clemson or FSU every year in the ACC title game. sounds good!

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT